Gigabyte and Biostar let out the J1800N board: celeron vs 4930x hmm

brownninja97

SATA 2, that hardly bottlenecks current generation SSDs?

I does... I get around a gig per sec from my 840 evo.... (rapid) and sata 2 is 300 MB...

This'd be the makings of a sick Steam Machine once In Home Streaming gets solidly off the ground. Otherwise I'm looking at this as a ITX office PC or some form of low power server. Anyone in the market for one of those at the moment? Taking this in to consideration?

Meh Sata 2... 

I see it being used as a client instead of being a dedicated box in which case SATA 3 isn't necessary since you won't be loading games off of local storage.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Yeah i saw that i while back but honestly who the hell wants to do that, its quite risky and many people either lack the tools or the precision.

Depends on who you are I guess. I've done it before and if you've got a steady hand and the correct tools it's very easy.

This would be fantastic for a Steam Machine.

Agreed, I have a low powered machine for streaming games on my tv, (athlon x4 750k) but even on a 150 mb down 50 up connection with an Asus dual band router the latency isn't great.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

SATA 2, that hardly bottlenecks current generation SSDs?

Stick a sound-card with an amplifier in the PCI-E slot via a riser and one of those tiny 150W PSUs and you'd have an extremely compact and totally quiet steambox that has the grunt to power an awesome sound system. Or use a capture card to use it to record and archive TV (but of course not put it online, that isn't good).

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't make it a steam box though I would install mint, and the steam client and use it as a multi media pc, and if the inboard video isn't enough for decoding I'll drop a gt610 in it :D

I need one of these boards with a freaking parallel port, is that really so much to ask?

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! I'm pretty sure I see a 25 pin parallel header on both of them!

Depends on who you are I guess. I've done it before and if you've got a steady hand and the correct tools it's very easy.

yeah im from a blood line where we all have shaky hands, its mostly fine but these sort of tasks are not easy for us.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I need one of these boards with a freaking parallel port, is that really so much to ask?

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! I'm pretty sure I see a 25 pin parallel header on both of them!

I was wondering what that big header was. jesus who uses parallel.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

But will the price be right...

Sub $80 US would be AMAZING

Also known to his peers as Lord Scrubby McScrubington

I was wondering what that big header was. jesus who uses parallel.

They don't make printers like they used to.

Yeah i saw that i while back but honestly who the hell wants to do that, its quite risky and many people either lack the tools or the precision.

To cut plastic?????? Like I would trust my cousin to do this with a I knife and he's 9

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

I'll stick with my 4960x.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

But it's a Celeron...

I'm assuming he meant for a streaming machine, and for that does it really matter that it's only a Celeron? All you would need to do then is decode a video signal, and send some inputs, not really that demanding of a task.

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

• 2 weeks later...

Gigabyte is up on Amazon for $70. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IFE4VF8

pretty decent price i would say

Listen if you care.

I haven't read all the thread and I just stumbled across these on the anandtech site.  But I am curious, with only a 10watt celeron on these boards, how would one go about maximizing the efficiency of a PSU for them, I'm guessing with a couple of HDD's and an SSD to use as a home game server/streamer, the total power consumption would be excessively low for most psu's. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I haven't read all the thread and I just stumbled across these on the anandtech site.  But I am curious, with only a 10watt celeron on these boards, how would one go about maximizing the efficiency of a PSU for them, I'm guessing with a couple of HDD's and an SSD to use as a home game server/streamer, the total power consumption would be excessively low for most psu's. 

you can get cases with like 100w psus.

Listen if you care.

PicoPSU and a quality power brick.

PicoPSU and a quality power brick.

they look pretty sweet, any legit reviews/testing on that you know of?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I would pair this with a 750ti just to do it :P I'll get a 1x to 16x adapter 

I already have a htpc/steambox (even tho it isn't running steam os yet. sutch beta) which is going to beat most gaming pc's. But what i meant is that i don't think a 7750 can run with PCie 2.0 1x or can it?

Sure why not? At 1x performance will be poor, but it should run.