Specs required for 4K Gaming?

Tcrumpen

Right now i have a 1080p TV as my monitor and due to lack of space it is not feasible for me to have a separate TV and monitor where i have my PC (1 bedroom apartment and my bedroom isn't large enough to fit a computer desk in there with everything else

Seeing as how 4K is becoming more prevalent 1080p might soon go the way of 720p and become extremely hard to get tech for

Right now i know my rig can't handle 4k gaming

1050ti, i7 3770S is not gonna be able to play anything at 4K really

The most graphically intense games i own is Crysis 2 and Skyrim SE (With Mods)

What kind of gear do i need to be looking at to be able to build a rig that can happily do 4k on those games, looking at the bare minimum specs to COMFORTABLY game at 4k i know that the latest i7 and RTX cards could do it but that's a bit beyond my price range

my 1070 was able to play at 4k medium/high settings in older games like Far Cry 4, i wouldn't go lower than that.

Alternative is Vega 56, which is really cheap.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

26 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

my 1070 was able to play at 4k medium/high settings in older games like Far Cry 4, i wouldn't go lower than that.

+1 Vega 56

1 hour ago, Tcrumpen said:
  • Right now i have a 1080p TV as my monitor
  • a rig that can happily do 4k
  • but that's a bit beyond my price range

Happily doing 4K on a 1080p TV isn't possible in general. You'll need a 4K TV/Monitor first and foremost. Which is going to run you a minimum of $300. Then you'll need a 4K capable gaming PC. Which usually runs at the very least $300 if you're wanting a bare minimum happy experience in 4K. And that's usually if you go used parts and/or getting major sale prices over a long period of time on new parts.

8 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

Yeah.  I game with a 1080Ti at 1600p and 4K.  The trick is knowing what settings to lower that don't really effect visuals much.

Note to OP, even with a 4K screen, you are not locked to rendering a game at that resolution.  Depending on the game, I have some set to around 1600p then just fine tune settings till I get what I want from the visuals.  Even the games I do run at 4K, I tune settings as some barely or don't even give much benefit to visuals.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

2080 TI or two if you want to game at more than 60fps. If you don't care about graphic than anything will do as long as it can out put 4k resolution.