old multiplayer games you still play

PurplDrank

I still jump on Counter Strike Source from time to time. It is a whole lot better than GO in my opinion. 

Sadly a lot of old multiplayer games I used to played have had their official servers shut down and community servers are either hard to come by or I have just not had the time to bother installing it.

Example would include Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, which online component stopped after GameSpy stopped. That was the 'Call of Duty' experience for me growing up.

Another game I could think of would be Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Especially the former I played a lot online, but after the 2014 Nintendo Wii WiFi shutdown I have not played it online since.

There is a project for custom servers, called Wiimmfi, which seems to work great and has kept an active (albeit small) Mario Kart Wii online userbase. It has not worked for me yet (and I did not have the time to troubleshoot).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

> Counter-Strike Source

> old

> :'-(

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

6 hours ago, minibois said:

Sadly a lot of old multiplayer games I used to played have had their official servers shut down and community servers are either hard to come by or I have just not had the time to bother installing it.

Same.  I played PSO ep1 & 2 up till the point the official servers where shut down.  There are community servers, but don't really feel the same (the official servers allowed jumping from NA, EU, JP servers - referred to as ships in the game).

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 hour ago, Andreas Lilja said:

> Counter-Strike Source

> old

> :'-(

CSS is king. CSGO not so much

10 hours ago, PurplDrank said:

old multiplayer games you still play

Not exactly sure what you consider old so... Here's the majority of my Steam games that are basically games created in the past...

• 7 Days to Die
  • Aliens Colonial Marines (you need friends to play multiplayer)
  • Black Desert Online
  • Black Squad
  • BRAIN/OUT
  • Brawlhalla
  • BRINK (you need friends to play online)
  • Call of Duty Ghosts (most enjoyable with bots or friends)
  • Dirty Bomb
  • Doom 2016
  • GoldenEye Source
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Insurgency
  • Kreedz Climbing (really helpful community, you're gonna need it)
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • Line of Sight
  • Monday Night Combat (most enjoyable with bots)
  • Of Guards And Thieves
  • Paladins
  • PAYDAY 2
  • PWND (you need friends to play period)
  • Secret World Legends
  • Skullgirls (you need friends to play multiplayer)
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior (you don't need friends to play multiplayer but you're alone on maps w/out friends for the most part)
  • Spacelords
  • Survarium (has been resurrected not too long ago)
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (surprisingly alive and kicking as well as addictive and overlooked as can be, I play this game quite often online)
  • Tribes Ascend
  • Warface
  • Warframe
  • Warhammer 40,000 (you will need friends to play multiplayer)
  • Wickland (you will need friends to play multiplayer and when you do this game is hella fun)
  • Wurm Unlimited (community is great but it's a very long term game)
  • Zombie Panic! Source
10 hours ago, PurplDrank said:

I still jump on Counter Strike Source from time to time. It is a whole lot better than GO in my opinion.

I almost bought this for like a quarter over the summer. Didn't want to at the time because I bought Half Life 2 and Estranged Acts I and II and have been investing a lot of time into them. Is CS:S worth it in 2019?

Pre-2010 old? Battle Realms and Warhammer 40k with one of my internet friend. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction still has online capability and that game is nearly 20.

Shit's cash yo.

乇乂丅尺卂 丅卄工匚匚

have been playing mw2 the past couple of months. so incredibly unbalanced but yet an amazingly good, addicting game. how is it possible???

On 9/22/2019 at 9:59 PM, Intransigent said:

Not exactly sure what you consider old so... Here's the majority of my Steam games that are basically games created in the past...

• 7 Days to Die
  • Aliens Colonial Marines (you need friends to play multiplayer)
  • Black Desert Online
  • Black Squad
  • BRAIN/OUT
  • Brawlhalla
  • BRINK (you need friends to play online)
  • Call of Duty Ghosts (most enjoyable with bots or friends)
  • Dirty Bomb
  • Doom 2016
  • GoldenEye Source
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Insurgency
  • Kreedz Climbing (really helpful community, you're gonna need it)
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • Line of Sight
  • Monday Night Combat (most enjoyable with bots)
  • Of Guards And Thieves
  • Paladins
  • PAYDAY 2
  • PWND (you need friends to play period)
  • Secret World Legends
  • Skullgirls (you need friends to play multiplayer)
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior (you don't need friends to play multiplayer but you're alone on maps w/out friends for the most part)
  • Spacelords
  • Survarium (has been resurrected not too long ago)
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (surprisingly alive and kicking as well as addictive and overlooked as can be, I play this game quite often online)
  • Tribes Ascend
  • Warface
  • Warframe
  • Warhammer 40,000 (you will need friends to play multiplayer)
  • Wickland (you will need friends to play multiplayer and when you do this game is hella fun)
  • Wurm Unlimited (community is great but it's a very long term game)
  • Zombie Panic! Source

I almost bought this for like a quarter over the summer. Didn't want to at the time because I bought Half Life 2 and Estranged Acts I and II and have been investing a lot of time into them. Is CS:S worth it in 2019?

How is vegas 2 compared to siege? Can you find alot of games for pvp?

Is zombie panic source pvp? 

7 hours ago, PurplDrank said:

How is vegas 2 compared to siege?

That is in the eye of the beholder. I overlooked Vegas 2 for many, many years. Even played the campaign randomly for around 10 hours or so total for a good decade without really realizing what it actually is all about. In 2019, randomly played it since it went Xbox One compatible and thoroughly enjoyed the game over Xbox Live. Which had tons of people online playing all the time since it just hit backwards compatibility. Then I realized I could get the PC version for cheap as hell so I patiently waited for the Steam version to go as cheap as the UPlay version and snagged it for around $3.00. Best $3.00 I ever spent on a game in a long time. The fps is easy as hell to hit 144 in 1440p and the difference in how smooth it runs is night and day. The reason I like it so much is because you rank up and earn everything in the game and at the same time you get good as hell. It's one of the few coop games that I consider to be addictive as can be. At least in the first couple hundred hours or so.

Can you find alot of games for pvp?

Yup. I'd say more on console but that doesn't mean it's dead by any means on PC. The average player count just on Steam is around 32-53 players daily over the past year and peaking at around 66-230 players daily in that span. That may not sound like a lot but you'll always have people to play with as you only need 1-3 other people max to play with. I enjoy mastering the game. From how the AI is to the precision of head shots to getting away with being out of cover.

Is zombie panic source pvp?

It's basically Left 4 Deads little brother. Or maybe No More Room In Hells little brother. There's also a lot you have to look past in Zombie Panic Source, in which you notice immediately.