I will build you a PC, seriously. - ROG Rig Reboot Announcement

James
7 hours ago, James said:

ROG Rig Reboot has returned! We're working with ASUS ROG once again to find out who has the worst PC, and then fly three (un)lucky winners to our office in Canada to build a new one. Simply create a short video telling us why your PC sucks, and why you need a new one more than anyone else!

Enter at https://lmg.gg/8KVPF

Hey i have a 10 yr old Asus laptop with intel core I2 duo and 4gb Ram im 15 and i live in India can I still participate ?

7 hours ago, Rune said:

Let the 1 posts assemble!

What if "1 posts" put legitimate effort into their entry?

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

This is why I never participate in any sort of giveaways, myself: I would certainly like free stuff, but I don't need it. Also, I am quite possibly overthinking things, but I would actually feel bad about winning, because then other people would lose -- it'd feel like I was taking something from them.

I've never been good at accepting stuff for free, including gifts. ?

When you win, unless you're specifically taking from someone, no one loses. "not winning" and "losing" are different things :)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

When you win, unless you're specifically taking from someone, no one loses. "not winning" and "losing" are different things :)

You're arguing semantics. Alas, feelings don't care about semantics ?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

FFFFFFFFFFF

F

FFFFFFFFFFF

F

F

F

If I win can I choose it to be a Hackintosh? Inside a MacPro Aluminium case…? ?

44 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Regardless, I strongly believe that life is not a zero sum system. When someone gains, that doesn't necessarily mean someone else loses.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I'm from Bangladesh. I have an intel core i7-3770 processor, 8 gb of ram ddr3, no dedicated gpu only intel hd. Should I post a video?? :"(

Does the pc have to be for gaming, or can it be for 3D purporses (Blender, SolidWorks etc.), or video editing?

9 hours ago, James said:

ROG Rig Reboot has returned! We're working with ASUS ROG once again to find out who has the worst PC, and then fly three (un)lucky winners to our office in Canada to build a new one. Simply create a short video telling us why your PC sucks, and why you need a new one more than anyone else!

Enter at https://lmg.gg/8KVPF

Can you still submit a video and still have a chance to win even if you're from the Philippines? Asking for a friend who has a really laggy laptop that can't even play sandbox games.

Hey @James, I know you've said past winners have come with parents, but this time around you have international entries, so is that still gonna work? I mean, paying more than 4000 dollars for flights only isn't that cheap. Thanks in advance for answering!

11 hours ago, Osysy said:

how do i post the video

not an admin but happy to help, you go onto the gleam website: https://gleam.io/4TzN3/asus-rog-rig-reboot-2019 and scroll down to the bottom and insert a youtube link in the competition entry section. to upload you will have to post it to youtube first. Correct me if i'm wrong anyone, as i said just trying to help. 

OMGawsh, International?! Hell Yeah (UK BTW) So i was really exited to watch this years becuase i wanted to see if someone had a rig worse than mine but now i can enter with my worse-than-average rig!  Get ready:

it runs 2002 windows xp,  Pentium E2180 @2Ghz with 1gb of ram and 64gb HHD. No video card, not even Intel Iris Graphics, not that they did anything anyway...

5 hours ago, Death_and_famine said:

What if "1 posts" put legitimate effort into their entry?

It's fine, your entry is what matters, not reverse bragging who has the worst machine and especially not posting "I need a new pc" here.

In fact, it's not unreasonable to assume that the winners will not be forum members at all.

1 hour ago, General_Knoxx343 said:

I mean, paying more than 4000 dollars for flights only isn't that cheap

"Get a free 2500-3000 USD PC but spend 4K USD for airline ticket" :D 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

i cant get creative because i only have 1 pc (the current rig) bricked so hard, but i also a non Canadian/US citizen.

Can I still submit the video?

9 hours ago, Death_and_famine said:

BAHAHAHA!! all you people commenting about your crappy laptops. at least y'all are running windows. I GOT A CHROMEBOOK!!! I literally can only play poptropica and chrome doesn't even have a task manager. I made my video entry "chromebook boyz" its a blonde boyz parody. TBH I don't really mind if i lose, I just had a lot of fun making the video

Chromebooks aren't as bad as people say they are. You want to play more than browser and Android games? Put Linux on it.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

39 minutes ago, Sopai said:

i cant get creative because i only have 1 pc (the current rig) bricked so hard, but i also a non Canadian/US citizen.

Can I still submit the video?

yeah, there's an international one now

✨FNIGE✨

1 minute ago, SlimyPython said:

yeah, there's an international one now

cool i hope i can win one, but i doubt it because my vid is ugly hahah