I will build you a PC, seriously. - ROG Rig Reboot Announcement

James
Just now, Kaloob said:

The TRS-80 I have can't walk. It stands.

But it can game, you can play Pong! True story, first PC games I ever played were on my dads monochrome (green/block) Apple IIC+. I was blown away by my friends dads Macintosh with a color screen and speakers, it could have real 3D graphics! And then when I played the demo for Descent on the Acer Aspire...I nearly vomited. That 14" CRT was so immersive at 320x240 I felt like I was twirling and spinning upside down through those mine shafts.

On 9/20/2019 at 11:51 AM, James said:

so i have accidentally submitted the wrong vid. can i take it back then re submit? Also do you guys look through everyones submission? 

Enter at https://lmg.gg/8KVPF

Hey Guys and Gals,

I just finished making this video today and I'm really proud of it. I entered it already but I want to share it here. I had a super fun time making this, first video/edit ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxNfV5cLXiI

Is this fan base too young to have seen the Blair Witch Project?

1 hour ago, Kaloob said:

If I wanna play retro games I may dig up the TRS-80.

The Apple had a moon lander game and something else that might have been race car and then some educational games.

Oh man, just had flash backs to Mavis Beacon on that Acer...ugh!

i bought gtx 1660ti rather than rx 560 for my athlon 200ge, and now i'm suffering in apex legends because of the bottleneck that i thought, bottleneck is just fps drop and i still got 60+ fps, but it's not, i meanIMG_20190922_135657.thumb.jpg.acb7326a7cda205f0894f3ebe80b1043.jpg yeah, rivatuner show 60+ fps but it feels like 20 ~ 30 fps, and i thought my processor also suffering too lol.

So I'm Keden from Australia, I'm wondering if i'd be able to enter cause I have an i7-8700 and a 1060-3gb and I would love to enter the competition but wasn't sure if I could enter or not, cause I struggle at content creation and streaming, being at unplayable frames on low settings and more.

1 minute ago, Biodecay said:

So I'm Keden from Australia, I'm wondering if i'd be able to enter cause I have an i7-8700 and a 1060-3gb and I would love to enter the competition but wasn't sure if I could enter or not.

There's a category for the most creative video and worst pc if that helps :)

Yeah I was thinking I could enter in the creative video and international catagory.

I'm gonna try my hardest to win, effort is the key. Also dropping everything helps too. *stares at a certain someone*

On 9/20/2019 at 10:51 PM, James said:

ROG Rig Reboot has returned! We're working with ASUS ROG once again to find out who has the worst PC, and then fly three (un)lucky winners to our office in Canada to build a new one. Simply create a short video telling us why your PC sucks, and why you need a new one more than anyone else!

Yeah, had a question - I have two younger brothers. If we all decided to upload videos for the competition, would that be wrong of us?

I'm asking because if any of us three won, then we would, as a group, have three chances to win; that would definitely be unfair.

Now while I am aware that there isn't a rule against multiple people form the same household entering, (I do have a feeling I'm wrong about this, so anyone; feel free to immediately correct me if I'm wrong) it feels wrong to even consider it.

Thanks for the help, and for hosting the competition, guys!

One important question I believe: Can we use copyright music as background to our video or would that cause trouble since you may repost the video in any way?

3 hours ago, Excaliose said:

i bought gtx 1660ti rather than rx 560 for my athlon 200ge

Lucky you. I bought rtx2060 for my athlon 200ge.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:29 AM, Caroline said:

I never participate because even if I need it I also know I'll never win

3.jpg

Don't be ever hopeless.....May be this is your turn bro.....

34 minutes ago, KSword007 said:

Yeah, had a question - I have two younger brothers. If we all decided to upload videos for the competition, would that be wrong of us?

I'm asking because if any of us three won, then we would, as a group, have three chances to win; that would definitely be unfair.

Now while I am aware that there isn't a rule against multiple people form the same household entering, (I do have a feeling I'm wrong about this, so anyone; feel free to immediately correct me if I'm wrong) it feels wrong to even consider it.

Thanks for the help, and for hosting the competition, guys!

No, it'd be fine, 

It is a known fact that 6'4 , 240 pound , good looking Texans boost ratings.....

So, Until one gets here ...can i come ;) 

969555256_Dadthisisourbed(2).thumb.jpg.5a363fda981e855696408f1c73ff49d0.jpg

My boys said they want to come as well... they like your cat !  I told them its a canuck gender fluid dog *shhhhh*

1 hour ago, Biodecay said:

No, it'd be fine, 

Right!! I sent mine and my 3 dogs for a total of 5

Linus im too week in english but im gonna ask you something. 

rog rig reboot 2019 is here 

and this time one participant won out of Canada or us. 

so if that man have no passport then how did he come over there?

and basically i need a favor . i am jai. i like to see what are you doing.

bcs your are amazing. 

and listen i dont speek english well so could i make rog reboot video in my own language? 

You need a passport or you won't be able to travel, there isn't anything they can do about it.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

mean there is no chance to win this battle?

it means i dont try at-lease!

On 9/21/2019 at 12:21 AM, James said:

ROG Rig Reboot has returned! We're working with ASUS ROG once again to find out who has the worst PC, and then fly three (un)lucky winners to our office in Canada to build a new one. Simply create a short video telling us why your PC sucks, and why you need a new one more than anyone else!

umm... i have a pentium processor and intel graphics 4gb of ram which id ddr3 also i am from india :)

12 minutes ago, pushkar_adari said:

umm... i have a pentium processor and intel graphics 4gb of ram which id ddr3 also i am from india :)

I have a pentium with 2 gigs of ddr3 so yeah, you wont win in worst rig i'm afraid.

50 minutes ago, jainik said:

mean there is no chance to win this battle?

it means i dont try at-lease!

i wish the best of luck to you, pal.