FanControl, my take on a SpeedFan replacement

31 minutes ago, InterClaw said:

... but the BIOS:es need to be signed these days, no? Maybe not for AMD cards? At least for Nvidia 20xx and 30xx cards.

AMD has been much less locked down but the 5500 still hasn't been messed with unlike the 5700 because....I guess no one cares yet.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:33 PM, Skiiwee29 said:

Whelp.. @Rem0o get ready for your downloaded numbers to jump drastically. 

Finally. Can't remember how many times I've messaged him about this fan control. I hope remi can handle the influx of people who might have small issues. But hopefully the increased donations will be a positive. =))

any reason why with the latest version(v111) that now my fan go full speed when fancontrol launch's its a rather unpleasant experience

everytime the program launchs fans go 100% then speed down when the profile loads no idea why the profile doesnt load before program takes control of fans and when it does this one of my fan speed always gets stuck at 46.7% and will not go lower unless i switch it to manual and back

9 minutes ago, clutchmaster said:

everytime the program launchs fans go 100% then speed down when the profile loads no idea why the profile doesnt load before program takes control of fans and when it does this one of my fan speed always gets stuck at 46.7% and will not go lower unless i switch it to manual and back

I never had this issue. Is it possible that FanControl has not started yet and you have the fans set to sensitive in BIOS? Does this happen when you load it manually or do you have it set to load when Windows start.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

31 minutes ago, alyen said:

I never had this issue. Is it possible that FanControl has not started yet and you have the fans set to sensitive in BIOS? Does this happen when you load it manually or do you have it set to load when Windows start.

i have everything in bios set to static and yes it is loaded 

32 minutes ago, alyen said:

it wasnt doing this in ver110

On 4/24/2022 at 5:04 AM, Yaron2334 said:

I just revisited this program. I still have the issue that my Fans all are displayed correctly under the "Speeds" section, but in the "Controls" section there are only the GPU Fans. How can I add controls for the other fans?

image.thumb.png.bcb6a3bfecce0642809606abf165a353.png

You need to unhide everything and then pair your speed sensors to the appropriate one. Click on the hamburger in the top left and "unhide" the fans. 

16 hours ago, DadLevelExpert said:

You need to unhide everything and then pair your speed sensors to the appropriate one. Click on the hamburger in the top left and "unhide" the fans. 

It already is everything unhidden. even a restart does not show the controls for the other fans. I am really at a los here...

4 hours ago, Yaron2334 said:

It already is everything unhidden. even a restart does not show the controls for the other fans. I am really at a los here...

Try to close FanControl from TrayIcon and delete the config file. Start again FanControl and complete Config Wizard at Startup.

iBroHack

Edit: Just asked a question that someone above me asked but I wasn't on the last page of the thread. Going to see if his thread helps before I ask my question.

Hello,

I had setup FanControl and everything was working fine until the last update to v112 where when I restarted my pc the configuration was lost (fan names, curves, etc.). I uninstalled and reinstalled it, setup everything again and after shuting down the pc the config was lost again.

This time I kept a backup of the config file and when I replace it in the FanControl folder it's all there but still it's strange behaviour.

Any ideas?

#1, thanks for this software, it should do exactly what I need (increase case fans to keep GPU cool).
#2, I am having an issue setting this up and I am a bit pressed for time. Reading through 50+ pages of this thread, and may still not find my answer.

Anyway, I have an ASUS Crosshair Hero 8 and Fractal PWM fans. With the Fan Control app, it takes more than 60% to get the fans to turn at all and when Fan Control says 100%, the fan RPM is less than 1000rpm (These are 2000 RPM fans).
If I use AI Suite or Armory Crate, I can confirm that the fans operate "normally".
So, what do I need to do to get Fan Control running my fans properly?

Is there a conflict with the ASUS software?

On 5/5/2022 at 1:57 AM, Victor_240 said:

Hello,

I had setup FanControl and everything was working fine until the last update to v112 where when I restarted my pc the configuration was lost (fan names, curves, etc.). I uninstalled and reinstalled it, setup everything again and after shuting down the pc the config was lost again.

This time I kept a backup of the config file and when I replace it in the FanControl folder it's all there but still it's strange behaviour.

Any ideas?

Are you saving the config with a unique name?

1 hour ago, NICKydex said:

Are you saving the config with a unique name?

The first time I just hit save so it used the default name, "userConfig", and the second time I used a unique name.

Hello,

Seems like updating to V113 broke HWiNFO plugin :

FanControl113.PNG

*EDIT* Downloaded and overwrote the files in the Plugin folder from the source linked in Rem0o's first post and enabled the missing sensor in HWiNFO Gadget, sensor not showing in as a Temperature source and FanControl still report No plugin loaded in Sensor settings...

*FINAL EDIT* I gave up and just restored FanControl from a month old backup, everything is working fine now that I am back to 108

Can we get a tray icon temperature color change option?

Cant see a thing after V113 update:

black.jpg.e8f3e2a0032471d0fa33866244274d62.jpg

This is how it was before:

white.jpg.c61a470f5d81f123ec7baba2f268f04c.jpg

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

On 5/10/2022 at 9:02 AM, Sid Vicious said:

*FINAL EDIT* I gave up and just restored FanControl from a month old backup, everything is working fine now that I am back to 108

V114 fixes the issue. Sorry about the inconvenient. BTW I update the plugin also to use the gadget stuff instead of the shared memory, so no more 12 hour limit and you can use the latest HWInfo versions.

10 hours ago, Rem0o said:

V114 fixes the issue. Sorry about the inconvenient. BTW I update the plugin also to use the gadget stuff instead of the shared memory, so no more 12 hour limit and you can use the latest HWInfo versions.

Why has V114 changed tray text color to black? Now I can't see any numbers because the taskbar is also black...

@Rem0ois it possible to add an option for "high priority"? Or would I have to set that in windows somehow? When running some extremely heavy workloads, my CPU gets so hammered that FanControl basically locks up, so the fans don't ramp up and my CPU gets too hot.

Hey Rem0o, My Zotac RTX 3050 Twin Edge OC has zero rpm mode. The fan starts up at about 60°C and ramps up to 30% and maintains this speed. I wanted to modify this using fan control - like spin the fan 20% when temp reaches 40/50°C. I setup a "Graph" fan curve to achieve this, but at 40/50°C the fans run at same 30%. I can't set them to run at lower speeds. The graph is correct but the fans start and maintains 30%. The zero rpm mode cannot be broke by fan control? The picture is an example at 30°C

Image 007.png

1 hour ago, Gamer Guy said:

Hey Rem0o, My Zotac RTX 3050 Twin Edge OC has zero rpm mode. The fan starts up at about 60°C and ramps up to 30% and maintains this speed. I wanted to modify this using fan control - like spin the fan 20% when temp reaches 40/50°C. I setup a "Graph" fan curve to achieve this, but at 40/50°C the fans run at same 30%. I can't set them to run at lower speeds. The graph is correct but the fans start and maintains 30%. The zero rpm mode cannot be broke by fan control? The picture is an example at 30°C

@Gamer Guy
Nvidia driver has a hard limit of 30% that I can't go below for some newer cards. Can't do anything about it until some advancement in the driver is made public.

@RejZoRI'm aware, you are most likely in light mode in W10. Tried to sync with your windows setting, but it's a mess with all possible setups. Next version will provide an override to choose your own color.

@Alvin853try and add /high to your scheduled task. Task Scheduler => FanControl => Action 

/C start /B /high FanControl.exe

2 minutes ago, Rem0o said:

@Gamer Guy
Nvidia driver has a hard limit of 30% that I can't go below for some newer cards. Can't do anything about it until some advancement in the driver is made public.

@RejZoRI'm aware, you are most likely in light mode in W10. Tried to sync with your windows setting, but it's a mess with all possible setups. Next version will provide an override to choose your own color.

@Alvin853try and add /high to your scheduled task. Task Scheduler => FanControl => Action 

/C start /B /high FanControl.exe

Yeah, I'm using light mode for apps, but dark for the taskbar/start.

Hello,

I want to set my fancurves with the watertemp of my loop.

I already added HWinfo plugin and it doesnt work like it should, after a few minutes I get an unexpected Error in Fan Control.

I found this Error in the Log file:

16.05.2022 11:12:26: System.Exception: HWInfo sensors were changed during operation
   bei FanControl.HWInfo.HWInfoPlugin.Update()
   bei FanControl.Domain.BackendProviders.Plugin.PluginBackendProvider.Update()
   bei System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
   bei FanControl.Domain.ComputerAccessLayer.Update()
   bei FanControl.Domain.ApplicationClock.DoActions()
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
   bei System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

I already tried different versions of HWinfo.

What am I doing wrong?