@kristofferR This is how I setup a slow response curve:

image.thumb.png.01624c434d70965950d3dca7b6bbd827.png

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

It's awesome app i've long searched for a thing likee that to control my fans.I do have two slight issues though:

1. Is it possible to minimize it to system tray once in use?

2. This is minor annoyance but when i minimize the app window or switch to another it feels like i suddenly dropped 60fps and it feels laggy like when you make a window out of it and move it around it doesn't move smoothly and just kinda lags on a screen.

i5 13600K 5.1Ghz / AsRock Z690 Phantom Gaming 4 / 2x 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 4000Mhz CL17 / Palit RTX4080 Gaming Pro / WD SN770 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB / MSI MPG A1000G PCIE5 /  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo White /10x CoolerMaster MF120 Halo White + Deepcool AK620 WH Digital / IIYAMA G-Master GB2770QSU-B5 /  Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB + Logitech G502 Hero / Aim SC808 + Edifier R1280T 

1. just close the window! It shows a fan icon in the system tray (make sure to check the arrow down there). In the app Settings section, there is also an option to minimize on launch (start minimized). Be sure to also check the Tray Icons section if you want temperatures displayed in the tray.

2. It happened to me, if I remember correctly it has to do with variable refresh rate (in my case GSync). Go to your nvidia panel (or AMD, if applicable) and make an exclusion for this particular app. It didn't happen on my latest install, so I don't have any fresh memory of it. In any case, i'd go that route in my google troubleshooting search!

• 3 weeks later...
Help? 😞

Yesterday my PC had went though some WIN11 updates and it restarted (after i saved my configuration).. once it turned back on the fan control couldn't recognize any fans except my GPU fans..

I tried rescanning and reinstalling the controller but nothing work.. have you ever encountered this issue before?

Before reset: (image i took while recommending it to my friends lol)
image.thumb.png.e80fa823e668d5953466f6d3206d9d34.png

After reset: 
image.thumb.png.b982afa077c4db6a0cb84442959dca79.png
(It's still looks like this even now, i can just see the GPU fans no matter what i do..)

1 hour ago, PiggiePrime said:
Help? 😞

Yesterday my PC had went though some WIN11 updates and it restarted (after i saved my configuration).. once it turned back on the fan control couldn't recognize any fans except my GPU fans..

I tried rescanning and reinstalling the controller but nothing work.. have you ever encountered this issue before?

After reset: 
(It's still looks like this even now, i can just see the GPU fans no matter what i do..)

The same thing happened to me yesterday. Once I activated ICUE they turned on.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

3 hours ago, RevGAM said:

The same thing happened to me yesterday. Once I activated ICUE they turned on.

Well.. i don't have any corsair fans so i can't say that it worked for me

1 hour ago, PiggiePrime said:

Well.. i don't have any corsair fans so i can't say that it worked for me

I understand, but you have other fan control options, including Fan Control. What brand is your mobo? I bet they have it - ASUS, MSI, Gigabytes and most others do.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

19 hours ago, RevGAM said:

I understand, but you have other fan control options, including Fan Control. What brand is your mobo? I bet they have it - ASUS, MSI, Gigabytes and most others do.

Yea.. tried it with the MSI afterburn and the ASRock A-tuning and got nothing.

On 9/11/2023 at 6:31 PM, PiggiePrime said:

Unlikely for this to be caused by an OS update alone. Win11 does not have fan control functions, so Windows should not be able to interfere.

Did you change any other settings? Maybe a BIOS update at the same time?

Does other fan control software work? Say LibreHardwareMonitor? Are the fans detected at all by other tools like HWiNFO? Can you control fans using Argus Monitor?

But again, just the OS alone should not interfere with fan control functions.

3 hours ago, PiggiePrime said:

Yea.. tried it with the MSI afterburn and the ASRock A-tuning and got nothing.

That is odd. Did you try playing with the fan settings in them?

Both MSI afterburn and ASRock A-tuning can control individual fans, the only problem i'm having ATM is with the fan control software 

17 minutes ago, PiggiePrime said:

Both MSI afterburn and ASRock A-tuning can control individual fans, the only problem i'm having ATM is with the fan control software 

Why do you say it's the software?

Please answer @NJoe.

On 9/11/2023 at 12:31 PM, PiggiePrime said:
Help? 😞

After reset: 

I experienced a similar issue on one of my PCs that I use as a server. I never discovered the cause, but the solution was a full reinstall of FanControl. The issue occured multiple times and was somehow related to my use of HWinfo. That was many months ago and the system has been running without issue since.

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2019 at 3:01 PM, Rem0o said:

Version updated date: 11/04/2022

Current update version: 136

https://getfancontrol.com

To run at startup: Use the new "Start with Windows" option in the left hamburger menu

Tutorials:

MainUI.png.0ea3f37f3214049bf6471fe5cdc276e1.png

GraphDialog.png.5110decbebbe48bf39b3bb5b7565bb29.png

TLDR

I built a new custom UI on top of OpenHardwareMonitor with additional features, mainly linear fan curves with custom temperature sources.

STORY

As you guys may know, SpeedFan is sadly not updated anymore, so newer boards are not detected properly. 

The main feature I used was the custom fan curves with custom temperature sources. I used it to bind my case fans speed to the hottest component of my PC, my GPU. 

(My BIOS only supports CPU temperature as a temperature source for the PWM fans).

I searched around for an alternative software with this particular feature and only found a paid option (Angus Monitor).

However, I also came around this:

https://github.com/openhardwaremonitor/openhardwaremonitor

https://github.com/LibreHardwareMonitor/LibreHardwareMonitor

The first link is an original project which could be downloaded here https://openhardwaremonitor.org/, but just like SpeedFan, the project is not updated anymore.

However, thanks to the code base being open sourced, there are a couple of active branches, LibreHardwareMonitor being the best one I found, supporting my MSI Z390 Edge AC board and being updated regularly.

OpenHardwareMonitor is divided into two parts, an API to interact with your hardware ( CPU, RAM, Fans... ) and a UI. The existing UI is a HWMonitor clone that allows to set a manual fan speed to any fan, but no temperature/speed fan curve here.

( sigh )

So I decided to make my own lightweight application with the OpenHardwareMonitorLib API, and here is what I got so far...        

Current features:

• OTA update
  • Multi-config support with quick-switch from tray icon
  • Dark/light mode + colors
  • Graph fan curves
  • Linear fan curves
  • Flat fan curves
  • Mixed fan curves
  • Sync fan curves
  • Custom name for each fan / curve / control
  • Material UI ( thanks to http://materialdesigninxaml.net/ )
  • Smooth fan speed transitions
  • Custom temperature source
  • Automatic or manual matching between your controls and fan speeds
  • Activation% (dead zone) for each fan
  • Saves your current configuration and reload it on startup
  • Board support is updated whenever the API gets an update!

Please note that this is a small personal project. It works great for my needs but I didn't test it on a hundred different motherboards. Take it as it is. If it works on your current setup, well you got your fan control situation sorted at least until you change your motherboard!

If you want to help me out a bit or give me feedback, I included some links/button in the left hamburger menu out of the way to send me an email

or to pay me a 🍺 ... or 🍺🍺🍺.

I will also keep an eye on this thread to see how it goes.

Confirmed compatibility list from members

Reveal hidden contents

AsRock H97M Pro 4
ASRock Steel Legend B450M

Asrock Z390 Mini-ITX

Asus Strix Z270G

Asus maximus ranger VIII 

ASUS MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z 

Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7

Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0)

Gigabyte X570 Gaming X

MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS

MSI Z390 Edge AC

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max 

Enjoy!

I'm not able to see most of my fans, including cpu_opt, secondary fans on splitters and the Corsair 5000X's repeater,  and my GC fans. Not sure how to resolve that. Suggestions, good sir Rem0o?

I can see 6 out of 15.

On 10/2/2023 at 4:40 PM, RevGAM said:

I'm not able to see most of my fans, including cpu_opt, secondary fans on splitters and the Corsair 5000X's repeater,  and my GC fans. Not sure how to resolve that. Suggestions, good sir Rem0o?

I can see 6 out of 15.

You could check if this is really an issue with Fan Control itself. Maybe the underlying library that actually access the hardware and is responsible for the actual work is the problem (as this was updated). You can check this by using the native version to see what gets detected there: https://github.com/LibreHardwareMonitor/LibreHardwareMonitor/releases

You can also try other tools, if it is just for monitoring, try HWiNFO

If you also want fan control functions, then you can test out Argus Monitor to see if this detects all fans and how many of those can be controlled.

1 hour ago, NJoe said:

You could check if this is really an issue with Fan Control itself. Maybe the underlying library that actually access the hardware and is responsible for the actual work is the problem (as this was updated). You can check this by using the native version to see what gets detected there: https://github.com/LibreHardwareMonitor/LibreHardwareMonitor/releases

You can also try other tools, if it is just for monitoring, try HWiNFO

If you also want fan control functions, then you can test out Argus Monitor to see if this detects all fans and how many of those can be controlled.

I just downloaded FC on 9/23. It's been years since I (barely) figured out GitHub and I don't remember how to use it anymore.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to add multiple graphs to 1 fan?

If yes please tell me how to do it.

If not, please make it possible.

EDIT: Got it with "Custom Sensor Mix" 😍🤩

I'm aware Fan Control relies on Libre libraries, does anyone know if the ASUS Vivobook and Zenbook laptops, specifically TP4201a and UN5401QA are being worked upon, and will be supported in the future.  Both run pretty hot and the fans kick in way too late, after they start throttling. Better fan control would make them both run at optimal speed, even under heavy load.  Plus help tremendously with their lifespan.  

Any ideas? 

• 3 weeks later...

image.png.0908f59ef21ddb33c82fa3ebeff92ae8.png

I am not super impressed by what Defender just flagged right now. I have been using the software for quite some time but its the 1st time I am getting this

Obviously I removed the file and not really willing to update now

11 minutes ago, nolive721 said:

image.png.0908f59ef21ddb33c82fa3ebeff92ae8.png

I am not super impressed by what Defender just flagged right now. I have been using the software for quite some time but its the 1st time I am getting this

Obviously I removed the file and not really willing to update now

Where did you download that from?

3 hours ago, nolive721 said:

it was more than a Year ago but I guess from the Github

Run it through VirusTotal. When I downloaded it from github.com earlier this year, my AV didn't detect anything. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please help me with setting the right temperatures for my specs? Becuase i don't know what temperatures I shold set for my fans' fan cuves.

My specs:

CPU: Intel i5-10400F

CPU COOLER: COOLING SE 214 XT ARGB (I DON'T KNOW WHAT BRAND THIS IS) (CPU COOLER TOWER)

GPU: RTX 3070 Ti (ASUS TUF)

MOTHERBOARD: MSI B560M PRO-E

RAM: "PNY XLR8 DDR4 8GB"

PSU: Corsair CV750 - 80 PLUS BRONZE

SSD: Kingston NV2 500GB PCIe Gen4x4 NVMe M.2 (SNV2S/500G)

PC CASE: JETEK SQUID R1

10 hours ago, Randomguy1234325 said:

Can someone please help me with setting the right temperatures for my specs? Becuase i don't know what temperatures I shold set for my fans' fan cuves.

My specs:

CPU: Intel i5-10400F

CPU COOLER: COOLING SE 214 XT ARGB (I DON'T KNOW WHAT BRAND THIS IS) (CPU COOLER TOWER)

GPU: RTX 3070 Ti (ASUS TUF)

MOTHERBOARD: MSI B560M PRO-E

RAM: "PNY XLR8 DDR4 8GB"

PSU: Corsair CV750 - 80 PLUS BRONZE

SSD: Kingston NV2 500GB PCIe Gen4x4 NVMe M.2 (SNV2S/500G)

PC CASE: JETEK SQUID R1

That is an ID-Cooling cooler. 

Are you sensitive to the noise of your PC?