RX 5700 XT Pulse from Sapphire or a Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC?

Shiniontv

Hey everyone

I am looking into buying a new graphics card, but I can't decide between the new RX 5700 XT and new 2070 Super.

There doesn't seem to be that big of a fps difference to justify the ~$120 price increase for the 2070 Super here in Denmark.

I do a bit of streaming and video editing, where I do like the NVENC encoder, but would it be more with it buying a 5700 XT and using an X264 encoder instead?

I hope someone will be able to help.

Thanks a lot,

Shinion

Just now, Shiniontv said:

Hey everyone

I am looking into buying a new graphics card, but I can't decide between the new RX 5700 XT and new 2070 Super.

There doesn't seem to be that big of a fps difference to justify the ~$120 price increase for the 2070 Super here in Denmark.

I do a bit of streaming and video editing, where I do like the NVENC encoder, but would it be more with it buying a 5700 XT and using an X264 encoder instead?

Thanks a lot,

Shinion

dont buy that 5700xt. its plastic cheapness. not worth it. get a higher end one. but than the price difference is even less.. in my honest opinion.. save a bit more and get the rtx 2070 super. you will be doing editing and streaming, so yes it is better to get the rtx card than the amd card.

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

5700xt all day long IMO. 

Though AMD encoder is broken at the moment so will throw a wrench in your plans with streaming a bit unless you have a decent CPU that can handle x264 encoding and gameplay together. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Are you looking to try out ray tracing?

will your cpu handle the encoding?

I went with the super because I thought ray tracing, NVENC and driver support were worth the price difference. 

Just now, hollyh88 said:

dont buy that 5700xt. its plastic cheapness. not worth it. get a higher end one. but than the price difference is even less.. in my honest opinion.. save a bit more and get the rtx 2070 super. you will be doing editing and streaming, so yes it is better to get the rtx card than the amd card.

No?

It isn't plastic cheapness at all. The 5700XT pulse is a very solid card, I have no idea what you are talking about. He is doing editing and streaming yes. The 5700XT does the editing bit, and assuming he's spending a fair bit on the gpu..chances are he has a cpu that can stream.

$120 for barely any improvement in performance alongside an encoder is madness.

5700xt, 120 dollars does not justify a minor performance increase and the pulse is better than the reference in cooling by a lot. GamersNexus actually just did a video on the card and it can perform just as well as a 2070 super and sometimes even better with overclock 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

30 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

What the hell are you talking about?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I personally feel the RTX 2070 Super would be better. The AMD Card is just to new yet. Get the Nvidia card for reliability. Graphics cards are costly and I would never want to buy one that just came out only for something to to go wrong with it.

45 minutes ago, Shiniontv said:

Hey everyone

Thanks a lot,

Shinion

I personally feel the RTX 2070 Super would be better. The AMD Card is just to new yet. Get the Nvidia card for reliability. Graphics cards are costly and I would never want to buy one that just came out only for something to to go wrong with it.

@Shiniontv

If you really want the encoder, go for the 2060 super. $150 for a 2070S over the 5700 XT is not worth

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

4 minutes ago, chuckM said:

@Shiniontv

Weren't the 2080/2080 Tis killing their VRAM at launch? Nvidia doesn't automatically mean reliable, Turing is new too. Haven't seen any complaints about the 5700 series other than the blower coolers on the reference models, that's a standard complaint that's existed as long as blower coolers have. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

Weren't the 2080/2080 Tis killing their VRAM at launch? Nvidia doesn't automatically mean reliable, Turing is new too. Haven't seen any complaints about the 5700 series other than the blower coolers on the reference models, that's a standard complaint that's existed as long as blower coolers have. 

Turing has been around for a year now. 5k series AMD cards are a month old and have absolutely no time to mature yet. I have all AMD Product and I still wouldn't buy the new AMD Cards. At least not until custom graphics cards start showing up.  Also Super is just a tweaked RTX 20 series. @Zando Bob

16 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

If you really want the encoder, if go for the 2060 super. $150 not for for a 2070S over the 5700 XT is not worth

The RTX 2070 Super just Barely bested the RTX 2060 Super @ivan134

1 minute ago, chuckM said:

The RTX 2070 Super just Barely bested the RTX 2060 Super @ivan134

The 2060 Super is on par with the 2070 IIRC, the 2070 Super is a decent chunk faster. 

6 minutes ago, chuckM said:

Turing has been around for a year now. 5k series AMD cards are a month old and have absolutely no time to mature yet. I have all AMD Product and I still wouldn't buy the new AMD Cards. At least not until custom graphics cards start showing up.  Also Super is just a tweaked RTX 20 series. @Zando Bob

The Sapphire Pulse is Sapphire's AIB (aka custom graphics card) design lineup that's just below the Nitro/Nitro+ line. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

5 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

The 2060 Super is on par with the 2070 IIRC, the 2070 Super is a decent chunk faster. 

The Sapphire Pulse is Sapphire's AIB (aka custom graphics card) design lineup that's just below the Nitro/Nitro+ line. 

Wow, that's quite a temperature Drop. To bad it isn't available yet. It would be a nice upgrade to my RX 590 @Zando Bob

34 minutes ago, chuckM said:

Gamers Nexus said in their video that most issues have now been fixed that they had with the launch Navi cards, and the ones that haven't are things that most people aren't going to experience anyways.

$120 for NVENC which isn't needed because he can use the CPU, Ray Tracing which appears in like 3 games at this point, DLSS which is a total mess as shown recently in F1 2019 (It actually had to be pulled because it was so bad) and a card that doesn't pull anywhere near enough ahead of the 5700XT to be worth the price tag.

And most of the custom cards are out in just a few days time.

It is over 20% cheaper for the 5700XT. It now has a custom design, so there are no excuses anymore. Unless you are desperate for ray tracing or need cuda cores, there is no reason to buy these super cards.

1 hour ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Gamers Nexus said in their video that most issues have now been fixed that they had with the launch Navi cards, and the ones that haven't are things that most people aren't going to experience anyways.

$120 for NVENC which isn't needed because he can use the CPU, Ray Tracing which appears in like 3 games at this point, DLSS which is a total mess as shown recently in F1 2019 (It actually had to be pulled because it was so bad) and a card that doesn't pull anywhere near enough ahead of the 5700XT to be worth the price tag.

It is over 20% cheaper for the 5700XT. It now has a custom design, so there are no excuses anymore. Unless you are desperate for ray tracing or need cuda cores, there is no reason to buy these super cards.

I am really looking forward to getting in a RX 5000 series GPU. I got my 7nm 3600x though I should have waited and gotten the 3700x. Having a 7nm gpu to go with it would be great. I'm just the kind of person that takes weeks or even months to decide on something and follow through with buying it. Ray tracing to me is still in its infancy, Still needs work. @MeatFeastMan 

4 hours ago, hollyh88 said:

That Pulse is pretty cheap ass, I would wait for something better either Strix or Red Devil from PowerColor seems to be the options for now.

19 hours ago, MeatFeastMan said:

I found out, that here in Denmark, the Pulse is about $70 cheaper than the RTX 2070 Super Windforce (and $52 cheaper than the Founders edition), so wouldn't it be more worth it for the extra bit of performance, ray tracing, which I would like to try, since I like BFV, the NVENC encoder, better driver support, and the software, which I am used to. (Plus, I am partnering it with an i9 9900K, so wouldn't they work better together?)

22 minutes ago, Shiniontv said:

I found out, that here in Denmark, the Pulse is about $70 cheaper than the RTX 2070 Super Windforce (and $52 cheaper than the Founders edition), so wouldn't it be more worth it for the extra bit of performance, ray tracing, which I would like to try, since I like BFV, the NVENC encoder, better driver support, and the software, which I am used to. (Plus, I am partnering it with an i9 9900K, so wouldn't they work better together?)

Well..I still wouldn't, but it's much closer. I play Battlefield V too, a ton of it, and I bought a Radeon VII instead of 2080 in March for my upcoming build. Because if you're playing Battlefield V, ray tracing isn't ideal. It halves the framerate pretty much. You'll want as many frames as possible for a shooter, and also..Battlefield V isn't too shabby even without ray tracing.

Personally it's up to you on whether those features are worth $50, everyone values them differently. They certainly aren't worth $70 though, that's for sure. For me, price to performance should have a much stronger weight than everything else. Ray Tracing will have more value as time goes on, but right now it has little to no value at all.

And using a 9900k isn't going to make any noticeable difference really.