We Tried 50 Cheap Wireless Earbuds & Picked the BEST!

James

I'm somewhat disappointed by this.While some may be put off by a large case, I really don't care about that as I am just looking for some earbuds to wear in the office and stick the case in my bag (not in my pocket). Build quality and sound are most important to me.  I would love a full spreadsheet with ranking each talking point. I loved the format of this, but to eliminate some products first by arguably the least important aspect seems backwards. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

17 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Note to LTT staff: I need headphones that can be worn discreetly at work in a place they're forbidden (HR is run by tyrants, and this place is horribly noisy at times, and excessive sound + me mixes about as well as Sodium and water). Perhaps discuss means of keeping headphones concealed when in use, or modifications that can be done to make them more difficult to see.

Such a video would be extremely useful to me. Please and thank you. ?

Probably makes me a bad manager but.

Was a manager at a place like that once, I used to tell my staff, if you have long hair, use that to hide them. If not, I'd let them get away with hats when I could but otherwise would recommend skin tone headphones. The people who were anal about it rarely got up close to people so as long as it wasn't obvious they were fine. I thought the rule was dumb so I certainly wasn't going to be on anyone's case about it. 

On 7/25/2019 at 8:23 AM, ImperialKnightErrant said:

The title is SUPER misleading. Many of the models are not cheap by any measure. And truly value models like the Redmi Airdots were not included. It's like the writers just picked cheap junk and expensive alternatives to Airpods. I don't know who wrote this piece, but if I could dislike the video 100 times, I would have

I've been through quite a few pairs of budget ones and actually ended up settling with the airdots, stay in my ears in the gym sound decent in a noisy environment great battery life super-compact case and also I think pretty important too they will only cost me $18 to replace the pair if I ever lost one of them.  Plus the interface thing whilst it may be an issue for some you can use something like macrodroid to adjust how your android phone will react to different actions

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 10:37 PM, Zodiark1593 said:

Note to LTT staff: I need headphones that can be worn discreetly at work in a place they're forbidden (HR is run by tyrants, and this place is horribly noisy at times, and excessive sound + me mixes about as well as Sodium and water). Perhaps discuss means of keeping headphones concealed when in use, or modifications that can be done to make them more difficult to see.

Such a video would be extremely useful to me. Please and thank you. ?

Just find the smallest ones in this list. wear a hat or hood (if the out of touch HR allow your lowly pleb self to wear such decadent items) or spray paint them flesh colored. I work in a noisy forklift warehouse and they wont let you even wear ONE in. I'm not on the damn fork lifts and one in allows you NO CHANCE of not hearing a forklift coming which is the reason THEY CLAIM you can't wear them. Any way i had some cheap no name band wireless earphones that sounded like crap, but they were SMALL (but BRIGHT blue), got caught one time. Painted them flesh colored and NO ONE said one word. Later I found out that the bosses (who walked by me thousands of times with in 5 feet of me) stopped to talk to me directly, one of my coworkers found out that he just thought they missed the fact I was hearing impaired. So my advice is that this will leave you undetectable up to 5 feet away, or unless you have bitch ass narc-ing co-workers that go out of their way to screw each other over in some sort of tarded bid to advancement. rant complete.

• 2 weeks later...

I have returned from the underworld just to this one thread on this forum because I saw the video and the J29s which were one of the top chosen earbuds made the list. I bought these back in November last year under another brand on UK amazon - Yineme, and they still work to this day with no issues. The wing tip things for running are also great. The audio is basically decent, nothing offensive, so yeah I also recommend them having around 9 months usage. I upgraded to Galaxy Buds a couple of weeks ago but still use these for my gym sessions and when I go running. 

They see me floatin', they hatin'... patrolling they tryin' to catch me flyin' economy

You said you bought 50 pairs I caught 33 as you went through. OMG Knowing the bad pairs is useful you should have given us a chart of all the pairs and a "yay or nay" rating!!! >:( Did you not have a Table? Would you please post it if you can find it!!! 

Any way Here's the list I caught up with Everyone

Every Pair I Caught (33)

Relaxyo TWS-i7
Anroog A10
Mifo 05
Treblab x2
Pionerr se-c8tw
Raycon E50
Focuspower f10
Focuspower F16
Skull_Candy Push
LiteXim Tw-18
LiteXimk tw-29
Splindid_Sound iQuite
TaoTronics SoundLiberty_53
Xiker
PeonZarr T40
TNSo E18
TBI Pro 
TOZO T10
Brywin F8
JBL FREE X
Dveda Touch_2.0_V5
Pasonomi TWS-x9
Mifo 05
G-Wack J29
Tektoka
Encafire e19
GoNovate AiR9
Rademax P10
Raycon E50
SoundWhiz BIONIQ
Rowkin Pace
GeeKee
Pasavant

James' 10 Rose Picks

G-Wack J29
Treblab X5
Soundcore Liberty_NEO
Raycon E50
Firacore Airbuds
JBL Free X
EncaFire E20
Focuspower f16
Tranya T2
Soundwhiz Bioniq

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2019 at 8:55 PM, woowee said:

These have earhooks and superior audio codec support, and of course they can't fall far.

TaoTronics TT-BH072 aptX HD Audio 14 Hours

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7D95FF/

Another vote for these. I've been using this very pair for a long time, before that the previous model. I also have two pairs of Taotronics Bluetooth over-ear noise cancelling headphones. They put out quality gear. I've yet to find a truly wireless earbud that's been more satisfying than the product woowee linked.

*beep boop*

• 3 weeks later...

I can't find the SoundWhiz Bionic anymore on Amazon. Raycon discontinued the E50s, and just last week (Oct 4, 2019) announced the new, more compact E25s. I might check them out.

On 7/24/2019 at 7:45 PM, James said:

Buy Raycon E50 on Amazon: https://geni.us/8OMZ
Buy JBL Free X on Amazon: https://geni.us/y6aJO
Buy G-wack J29 on Amazon: https://geni.us/x9qU1
Buy SoundWhiz BioniQ on Amazon: https://geni.us/4zuI

We bought every pair of truly wireless earphones we could get from Amazon.com and compared them to find the best ones. You’re welcome.

https://youtu.be/a30Hnuzgr6s

I appreciate you doing this but I personally don't like the feel of Earbuds could you please do the same style video but about earphones. Thanks.  

• 3 months later...

What I would really really love to see is a comparison chart. Kind of like how GSMArena does phones. Every tws earbuds product should end up on a list that includes major features and check marks the box if it has it or not. Wireless charging case? Check. Waterproof? Check. Google/Siri Assistant function? Check. Stereo phone calls? Check. and so forth something we're all of these earbuds that are being compared have check marks in those columns so we can determine the one that has all the features that we like. I know you're trying to add sound quality to but that's kind of subjective sometimes... Has anyone seen a list like that?

• 5 months later...
On 1/24/2020 at 10:24 PM, hickhamt said:

What I would really really love to see is a comparison chart. Kind of like how GSMArena does phones. Every tws earbuds product should end up on a list that includes major features and check marks the box if it has it or not. Wireless charging case? Check. Waterproof? Check. Google/Siri Assistant function? Check. Stereo phone calls? Check. and so forth something we're all of these earbuds that are being compared have check marks in those columns so we can determine the one that has all the features that we like. I know you're trying to add sound quality to but that's kind of subjective sometimes... Has anyone seen a list like that?

Totally - Filtering by parameters. 

• 2 months later...