need ideas on new case

xreaperx22

hello guys,im looking for a case for my new build but i just cant seem to find what im looking for and figured someone on here probably knows or seen more cases than i have, anyways im looking for either a full or mid tower,Tempered Glass on at least 2 panels front and side would be ideal,also want vertical mount for gpu and able to house either 2 360 rads or at least 1 360 and 1 280 rad,color isnt important im going to paint it anyways and dont care about fans as i will be putting ek furious vardar fans on the rads,any ideas would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

2 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

hello guys,im looking for a case for my new build but i just cant seem to find what im looking for and figured someone on here probably knows or seen more cases than i have, anyways im looking for either a full or mid tower,Tempered Glass on at least 2 panels front and side would be ideal,also want vertical mount for gpu and able to house either 2 360 rads or at least 1 360 and 1 280 rad,color isnt important im going to paint it anyways and dont care about fans as i will be putting ek furious vardar fans on the rads,any ideas would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

Whats your budget? I can think of a few good cases but some of them are a bit pricey ($150-250)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Whats your budget? I can think of a few good cases but some of them are a bit pricey ($150-250)

500 is my limit but i think with that i can pretty much get anything out there lol. I was looking at that one asus helios i think its called,look pretty decent but not liking the handles on the top lol

On 7/5/2019 at 6:40 PM, xreaperx22 said:

500 is my limit but i think with that i can pretty much get anything out there lol. I was looking at that one asus helios i think its called,look pretty decent but not liking the handles on the top lol

Cases like the Corsair 570x/500D, Coolermaster Mastercase H500M, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision all have glass sides and fronts and can hold dual 360 rads. Persoanlly I'd choose either the 500D or the S2 Vision in your situation. 500D comes with more glass panels, but the S2 Vision is more suited for watercooling

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Cases like the Corsair 570x/500D, Coolermaster Mastercase H500M, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision all have glass sides and fronts and can hold dual 360 rads. Persoanlly I'd choose either the 500D or the S2 Vision in your situation. 500D comes with more glass panels, but the S2 Vision is more suited for watercooling

cool thanks i have not heard of the s2 vision,ill check it out

15 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

cool thanks i have not heard of the s2 vision,ill check it out

It's based on the Define S2, but has more glass panels (and optional RGB fans) The downside is the top glass panel cannot be used in conjunction with a RAD at the top, so putting the RAD bracket up top means losing the glass (if you care about it at all)

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

It's based on the Define S2, but has more glass panels (and optional RGB fans) The downside is the top glass panel cannot be used in conjunction with a RAD at the top, so putting the RAD bracket up top means losing the glass (if you care about it at all)

nah top panel isnt important as long as the front and side have glass im down with that! lol

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

that may indeed be my next case but what are your thoughts on the asus rog strix helios gx601? its a bit "branded" but all my parts are basically asus so would match pretty good,but im not really sold on it yet as i really really like that S2 Vision case.My only concern on the S2 Vision is how dark the glass is,so i emailed fractal to see if i can get replacement clear glass or less tinted at least.

Combination of hinged door panels and magnetic dust filters on Corsair 500D are easy breezy for cleaning, especially since you are doing a closed loop.  I have a personal build in one, and it's one of my favorite cases in our current lineup.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

7 minutes ago, Corsair Nick said:

Combination of hinged door panels and magnetic dust filters on Corsair 500D are easy breezy for cleaning, especially since you are doing a closed loop.  I have a personal build in one, and it's one of my favorite cases in our current lineup.

500D is nice but im not sure i could use 2 360 rads at the same time, i also kinda like the 680x i have always been a fan of cube cases.

Yeah, 500D would be a 360mm front and 240mm top.  Example below:

image.png.f633c018ece8588b8f9d3c4ddb386c76.png

680X will give you more space since the PSU is moved to the back.  We had at our booth during Computex with all Corsair Hydro X cooling products and an AMD X570 setup. This is build used 280mm top and bottom radiators.  With a bottom radiator, you'll lose the vertical mount GPU.

SCO01826.thumb.JPG.a5e3e3c3bbd0b86beb209270e7dba838.JPG

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

12 minutes ago, Corsair Nick said:
Yeah, 500D would be a 360mm front and 240mm top.  Example below:image.png.f633c018ece8588b8f9d3c4ddb386c76.png  

If I'm not mistaken, you can fit a 280mm up top. I've got the 280mm 115i Platinum up top of my 500D SE, unless it's different sized. Now, to be fair, I don't have a 360 in the front, just the fans, but it looks like enough clearance if I wanted to.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

choices choices...lol i think im going to have to take a trip to Micro Center and see first hand these cases,they have a bunch on display that you can check out,i dread the drive but i think its worth it,only 50 miles i think give or take.

27 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

choices choices...lol i think im going to have to take a trip to Micro Center and see first hand these cases,they have a bunch on display that you can check out,i dread the drive but i think its worth it,only 50 miles i think give or take.

I totally forgot about the Lian li PC-O11D @Drocket mentioned. I dont know why I sometimes forget about that case because it won case of the year 2018 :D you can put triple 360 rads in that thing!

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I totally forgot about the Lian li PC-O11D @Drocket mentioned. I dont know why I sometimes forget about that case because it won case of the year 2018 :D you can put triple 360 rads in that thing!

theres also a snazzy looking water distro block you can buy to go either in the front or in-side,just looked that up a few mins ago lol also i was looking at the 1000d omg that thing is huge,bit overkill for what i need but beautiful none the less!!

16 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

theres also a snazzy looking water distro block you can buy to go either in the front or in-side,just looked that up a few mins ago lol also i was looking at the 1000d omg that thing is huge,bit overkill for what i need but beautiful none the less!!

1000D is currently one of the ultimate Custom watercoolong case if you're looking for RAD space. (especially since Caselabs is dead, RIP)

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

1000D is currently one of the ultimate Custom watercoolong case if you're looking for RAD space. (especially since Caselabs is dead, RIP)

yeah i was so sad when i heard they were gone,just wish the 1000d was a bit cheaper like say a 20% off coupon from an affiliate hehe j/k

I was also looking at singularity computers and there case is very impressive but way too expensive,so as it stands its between the 1000d the s2 vision or the 500d,i removed the 0-11 because if i got that i would certainly have to get that distro block for it and that would put my case pricing through the roof,and by then i could have just bought the 1000d,i did originally plan a dual loop so that would be perfect for that purpose!

17 hours ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

If I'm not mistaken, you can fit a 280mm up top. I've got the 280mm 115i Platinum up top of my 500D SE, unless it's different sized. Now, to be fair, I don't have a 360 in the front, just the fans, but it looks like enough clearance if I wanted to.

Definitely can fit a 280mm radiator in the top, it will all boil down to clearance depending on the cooling components you are using.

ok so i have narrowed it down to 3 , either the asus helios which im only considering for the fact i can put a 420 rad in front,and i have a really nice copper 420 from aquacomputer that i could pop in there, or the 500d or the S2 Vision......choices choices

14 hours ago, xreaperx22 said:

ok so i have narrowed it down to 3 , either the asus helios which im only considering for the fact i can put a 420 rad in front,and i have a really nice copper 420 from aquacomputer that i could pop in there, or the 500d or the S2 Vision......choices choices

The ?S2 vision should be able to hold the 420 at the top, as long as the RAM isnt more than 35mm tall (so low profile ram)

Another case to consider for the 420mm front mounting is the Phanteks P600s, though it doesnt have a glass front :/ 

6 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The ?S2 vision should be able to hold the 420 at the top, as long as the RAM isnt more than 35mm tall (so low profile ram)

Another case to consider for the 420mm front mounting is the Phanteks P600s, though it doesnt have a glass front :/ 

oh i didnt know the s2 could hold a 420,ill have to take another look see.

2 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

oh i didnt know the s2 could hold a 420,ill have to take another look see.

If you do use a 420 at the top though, the max you can do at the front is 280. 

However I just noticed the S2 vision doesnt have 420mm rad support listed, but it does on the S2......

image.png.d25d24297339119ea55be13d66438876.png

image.png.9667cd99095329e7ac412565c45c50eb.png

I'm not sure why this is, the bracket looks to be the same as the one on the S2.... For now I  guess we'll have to take their word from it, I'll email them to confirm.

17 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

If you do use a 420 at the top though, the max you can do at the front is 280. 

However I just noticed the S2 vision doesnt have 420mm rad support listed, but it does on the S2......

image.png.d25d24297339119ea55be13d66438876.png

image.png.9667cd99095329e7ac412565c45c50eb.png

I'm not sure why this is, the bracket looks to be the same as the one on the S2.... For now I  guess we'll have to take their word from it, I'll email them to confirm.

also in a tech powerup review they said a 420 would fit on the top so idk

On 7/11/2019 at 6:18 PM, xreaperx22 said:

Personally, I own the 500D SE, and frankly it's perfect for me. I just suggest you roll positive pressure.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section