need ideas on new case

xreaperx22
22 hours ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

Personally, I own the 500D SE, and frankly it's perfect for me. I just suggest you roll positive pressure.

yeah i was considering running positive pressure,less dust inside lol,well i have a few weeks to make up my mind which is good,dont want to rush the decision and hate the outcome.

On 7/12/2019 at 3:41 PM, xreaperx22 said:

also in a tech powerup review they said a 420 would fit on the top so idk

I got an official answer back from them:

Hello,

The reason is is because the front fan bracket is recessed into the case, so that you can't see the fan mounting brackets when looking through the glass front panel and that reduces the maximum radiator length for top mounted radiator.

Define S2 Vision RGB:
1366067866_s2Vision.jpeg.2eef30db3b4a172638044d0b2def48db.jpeg
Define S2 Black TG:
S2.jpeg.67d20663480f214b25c0266416b9fe66.jpeg

Best Regards,
Fractal Design Support Team.

They had to add this recessed plate to allow airflow through the side vents, but as to not block the LED lighting with the radiator mounting at the front. This shift is enough to interfere with 420mm radiators I guess. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

18 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I got an official answer back from them:

They had to add this recessed plate to allow airflow through the side vents, but as to not block the LED lighting with the radiator mounting at the front. This shift is enough to interfere with 420mm radiators I guess. 

so what about the blackout version? it has no rgb's

24 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

so what about the blackout version? it has no rgb's

Blackout version is the same frame, because the "vision" line is different then the regular S2 regardless if the fans are included or not. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, Eltayebshadi said:

https://www.mountainmods.com/product_info.php?products_id=498

actually it’s $209 one heck of a deal reminds me the caselabs st10 a lot cheaper though the quality is better than any Corsair case 

they still use acrylic windows lol im done with those days of scratched windows and trying to buff them out lol but mountain mods used to be my fav case maker after caselabs of course.

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Blackout version is the same frame, because the "vision" line is different then the regular S2 regardless if the fans are included or not. 

hmm so the regular define s2 will accept a 420 on the top then? i dont have to have glass in the front i suppose lol

Just now, xreaperx22 said:

hmm so the regular define s2 will accept a 420 on the top then? i dont have to have glass in the front i suppose lol

Yest the regualr does, so long as you use low profile RAM and your motherboard VRM heatsinks aernt ridiculously tall (like they are on some high end motherboards)

also i will actually be getting 2 cases because i have decided the case i currently have is just too fooking big to keep around,i tend to move my pc's all around the house and that thing is just too heavy to do that with so one will be my main case and the other is for my older setup.....jeez i have my work cut out for me.

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Yest the regualr does, so long as you use low profile RAM and your motherboard VRM heatsinks aernt ridiculously tall (like they are on some high end motherboards)

cool! i have the asus maximus ix extreme that has a nice flat monoblock cooling the vrm's cpu and m.2 drive so that shouldnt be an issue and i do have low profile ram also

for my second case i already decided on the Lian Li Lancool One,getting that digital gold limited edition one just to say "hey i have a rare case" in like 20 years lol

I really wish they made affordable pc desks where the pc is inside the desk,always wanted one of those hehe....ok so i think i may get the regular Define S2...still have some time to decide but i think that will be the one,Thanks so much for your input really appreciate it!!