X570 way too much

Hello, so i am getting my essential parts for my new build like ram,psu,mobo etc., Planning for 3rd gen ryzen and rtx super, right now i need a mobo looked at the expected pricing for x570 and its too much so i decided i want an x470 mobo for about $170 and less, any good options? And do i need an older zen bssed cpu to update the mobo so it becomes compatible with 3rd gen ryzen? I don't have money to do that is there an alternative if that's even the case? Thanks

Some shops will update the boards for you if you bring it in to the shop or AMD has a program where they send you a cheap cpu to update the board then you send the cpu back to them. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

2 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

most decent boards (above 150$) have Q-flash or whatever they call it which allows you to flash BIOS w/o cpu

You got any decent examples from newegg

9 hours ago, HairyPotter said:

You got any decent examples from newegg

MSI B450 Tomahawk and B450 Gaming Pro Carbon.

X470 Gaming Pro Carbon doesn't have it, mysteriously.

As far as I know, no Gigabyte boards have this feature either, not even X470 Aorus Gaming 7.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

17 minutes ago, Oalei said:

How about X470 Taichi or Crosshair 7.

I have the crosshair 7 and it's incredible. So many features that I haven't even uncovered over my year of owning it.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

16 hours ago, melete said:

MSI B450 Tomahawk and B450 Gaming Pro Carbon.

X470 Gaming Pro Carbon doesn't have it, mysteriously.

As far as I know, no Gigabyte boards have this feature either, not even X470 Aorus Gaming 7.

Any decent x470’s that have it ?

1 hour ago, HairyPotter said:

Any decent x470’s that have it ?

The B450 Pro Carbon is better than practically all the cheaper X470 boards anyway.. 

The Crosshair VII is the best X470 board you can get that includes the BIOS Flashback without a CPU. 

You can also consider buying used on r/hardwareswap like I do, and there I'm sure you can buy one that's already been updated.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build