Questions on 1050 Ti's. Why So Many Different Models?

GOLD1176

I want to buy a graphics card since I've been running integrated graphics for a long time. I've never had one. XD I don't want anything fancy, and I don't want to spend a whole lot. I want something reliable and a plain 1050 Ti sounds like it fits the bill.

Thing is, I don't understand why there are so many different versions of it! I thought Nvidia made them all. Does Nvidia allow other companies make their graphics card and put their name with it? Just sounds funny.

More importantly, I did a quick search on Ebay for "1050 Ti 4gb". Some 1050 Ti's are pretty cheap (under $100!) and some are low profile. Sounds like my jam, but are these scams? Are these graphics cards cheap because they're old, therefore less reliable?

Sorry for the jumbled mess of words. I think what I really want to know is if:

-Are all 1050 Ti's made equally?

-What's the difference between a full size 1050 Ti and a low profile 1050 Ti? (Cooling comes to my mind)

-Is a sub-$100 1050 Ti probably a scam?

Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:

AMD A10-5800k APU

AMD Radeon 7660D (Integrated)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

4GB DDR3 RAM

Mid-Tower CyberPower Case

NVIDIA just supplied the GPU, the rest of the board is up to the third party to manufacture. For your price bracket you are much better off getting a RX 570.

Okay, but why an RX 570? The prices on Amazon are similar enough. Also, it sounds lame, but the most I play is Modded Minecraft Java. And on integrated graphics, it's just barely playable.

My friend bought an RX 570 recently and it's much better than his previous, ancient card, but doesn't fare as well as he likes due to AMD's poorer OpenGL support. I think that's the way he explained it. For me, anything under $200 is acceptable. But under $150 would be better.

(I do plan on doing some Blender and/or Unity work also. I've dabbled in the past, but want to try it some more. Sorry, I should've mentioned that earlier.)

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Its universally a better card

Thanks for the super specific details. -.-

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Its universally a better card

However, if UserBenchmark is anything to go by, you're absolutely correct.

Just so happens that the 1050ti doesn't need a power connector, so it's perfect as an LP card so everyone goes ahead with making LP cards for niche markets.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

You can easily get rx 470 for $100(used) which is better in 80% of the games than 1050ti

By the way $100 1050ti ain't scam it's  (used)

5 minutes ago, GOLD1176 said:

Thanks for the super specific details. -.-

Well i could show you the very few games were the 1050ti holds its own against it. Or i can say it usually beats it by 10-60%

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Well i could show you the very few games were the 1050ti holds its own against it. Or i can say it usually beats it by 10-60%

Naw, you're good. I trust you.

1 minute ago, GOLD1176 said:

Naw, you're good. I trust you.

I bet the you won't play the very few games

2 minutes ago, SeAsOn3 said:

I bet the you won't play the very few games

I posted earlier that the only game I play is Minecraft Java. XD

2 minutes ago, GOLD1176 said:

Minecraft is more CPU dependant than GPU dependant. So an rx 570 is more than enough

Basically Nvidia makes a reference model and other companies put their own cooler on it(and power delivery and etc). Same with AMD.

Go with RX 570, better(usually by a lot) or same performance in every game and very very similar pricing(usually cheaper)

51 minutes ago, GOLD1176 said:

-What's the difference between a full size 1050 Ti and a low profile 1050 Ti? (Cooling comes to my mind)

Cooling and Noise. With a shittier cooler, the fans need to spin faster, generating more noise.

Performance of lower end 1050Tis is slightly worse than the higher end ones. This can be due to a few factors:

-Cooling performance, the higher the temperature the lower the clock speed.

-Out-of-the-box clock speed, some higher end models of GPU are factory overclocked.

48 minutes ago, GOLD1176 said:

Okay, but why an RX 570? The prices on Amazon are similar enough. Also, it sounds lame, but the most I play is Modded Minecraft Java. And on integrated graphics, it's just barely playable.

My friend bought an RX 570 recently and it's much better than his previous, ancient card, but doesn't fare as well as he likes due to AMD's poorer OpenGL support. I think that's the way he explained it. For me, anything under $200 is acceptable. But under $150 would be better.

(I do plan on doing some Blender and/or Unity work also. I've dabbled in the past, but want to try it some more. Sorry, I should've mentioned that earlier.)

The RX 570 is significantly faster and can usually be found for the same price as 1050 Ti. Only reason to get the 1050 Ti is if you need low profile or don’t have any spare power connections on your PSU and get one of them that can draw all its power over the PCI-E slot.

14 hours ago, GOLD1176 said:

If u wanna play minecraft java then it would be stupid to spend $100 

Instead get a gtx 750 ti for $50 (only if u wanna minecraft)