Cyberpunk's creator slams critics who claim Cyberpunk 2077 is racist / inaccurate to the source, refutes their claims

Delicieuxz
Message added by Morgan MLGman

Please try to be civil and don't go too far into politics, or it will result in the thread being locked

15 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

My point is more pointing out that, yes, some leftists do commit violence in the US also.  Not which party is more violent than the other or that either is completely representative the entire party.  

Please don't assume my intentions by me asking a question.

The entire conversation you were replying to was people arguing about which party is more violent. My comment was directed more at the stupid debate as a whole.

6 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

You posted what is essentially an editorial in the news section, without labeling it as such. It was highly speculative (especially on the original author's motives), but you didn't precede the title with "Opinion". It was just rather hypocritical.

Not at all.

First, not only is there no reason why a properly-identified views should require an "opinion" label, and not only did I actually present my views as my views, but here are the rules for posting in the Tech News forum:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is. This needs to be MORE than just a quick, single comment to meet the posting guidelines.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required. It should be to the point and not be done in such a way as to mislead a reader, such as clickbait, etc.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

My OP fulfills all of those requirements, including the personal input part, which is what you're taking issue with.

There is no sense to precede the topic title with an Opinion label because every thread in Tech News is required to contain the thread author's opinion on the topic which they are making a thread about. All the other Tech News threads also contain opinion without the threads having "opinion" written in their titles. Tech News threads aren't just opinions, and they aren't just news - they contain both, per the forum's rules.

Second, I labelled my views as my views. Before opining on the RPS author's motives, I started my paragraph with "I personally suspect". And when I talked about the my view that the RPS author was trying co-opt Cyberpunk 2077 to serve their agenda, I started my paragraph about that off by saying, "I kind of see the RPS article as the author thinking that".

So, I don't see any hypocrisy there.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

-= Locked =-

This topic has run its course.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER