How much do creators benefit from Youtube Premium?

I didn't start watching YouTube regularly until a few years ago and it took me a little bit before I realized my ad blocker was keeping me from seeing ads.  I use Chrome with AdBlock as my normal browser.  I will white-list sites I visit regularly if the ads aren't too obnoxious.  Increasingly, sites are requiring you to white-list or disable ad blockers if you want their content.  That's fair.  They have a right to make their content available on whatever terms they like.  There is at least one site I white-listed I hardly ever visit anymore because the ads are so intrusive.  If I follow a link somewhere and am told I need to white-list, I don't.  I copy the URL and paste it into Edge.  I don't have an ad blocker on Edge and don't use it for anything else, though Windows likes to open it from time to time. 

I signed up for Floatplane because I want to support LMG.  I rarely watch videos there though because I figure even without ad sense revenue because of my ad blocker, LMG benefits from the click, video watching, and thumbs up rating.  I am not generally bothered by the baked in sponsorships.  But I am curious.  If I disabled Ad Block and let YouTube serve me ads, LMG (and other channels I watch) will earn some fractions of a cent.  How does that compare to what LMG would earn if I was a YouTube premium subscriber?  The one thing I am not going to do is sit through YouTube ads on a regular basis.  I don't normally watch YouTube on mobile devices. But my 2 year old nephew visits and we'll put PJ Masks on the TV via the YouTube app.  He throws a tantrum when we don't skip an ad fast enough (kids these days are so spoiled).  I am a bit more patient than he is, but I still don't like them.  But I am going to be traveling in July so I am going to sign up for premium for at least a month.  My question is how much would it help LMG and other creators if I keep it after I return?

Answered by Linus once, YouTube Premium views are worth more than an ad subsidized video. Btw, YouTube Premium is now available to more countries including Canada. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6307365?hl=en

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

The short answer is “muuuuuch more”. 

Basically YT takes a cut of your monthly payment (I don’t know the exact percentage). Then the rest of the payment is spread across all the videos you watched in the month, based on minutes watched. 

It works out to exponentially more per video. 

Remember that one view with ads is worth significantly less than one cent. Ad revenue is measured per 1000 views, because of how little each view is worth. 

So if you can afford YouTube Premium, it would definitely help the creators you watch. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

So if you can afford YouTube Premium, it would definitely help the creators you watch. 

Also includes Google Play Music.

Great deal imo.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

45 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Also includes Google Play Music.

Great deal imo.

True. If one already uses Google Play Music they might as well upgrade to YouTube Premium. 

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I think I had up to 35 people view with a YouTube red subscription. That gave me 1 cent. 

Versus 2-3k+ views of non-red subs gave me 33~ cents. 

So the best way to benefit the creators I really like is to get  Youtube Premium and then watch ONLY their videos.  I suppose if I wanted to be really manipulative I could hit replay on an LMG video whenever I leave the room or just mute the sound if I am doing something else.  Or I could add a 3rd browser.  I use Chrome for most everything, but Edge for random sites that force me to white list.  I could use Firefox with an ad blocker for random YouTube watching and save Chrome with Premium for creators I really like like LMG, Isaac Arthur, Emergency Awesome etc. Or I could just not bother because if a single creator got all of my Premium subscription it would hardly change their life.  But I am definitely upgrading to premium.

Oh wow didn't actually know that it contributed so much, I don't watch LTT anymore but there's a couple of channels that I'm more than happy to support.

1 hour ago, Michael McChesney said:

So the best way to benefit the creators I really like is to get  Youtube Premium and then watch ONLY their videos.  I suppose if I wanted to be really manipulative I could hit replay on an LMG video whenever I leave the room or just mute the sound if I am doing something else.  Or I could add a 3rd browser.  I use Chrome for most everything, but Edge for random sites that force me to white list.  I could use Firefox with an ad blocker for random YouTube watching and save Chrome with Premium for creators I really like like LMG, Isaac Arthur, Emergency Awesome etc. Or I could just not bother because if a single creator got all of my Premium subscription it would hardly change their life.  But I am definitely upgrading to premium.

Putting it on repeat doesn't actually help, assuming you're only watching one Creator (or you equally watch your favourite creators).

Because if you have Premium, and you only watch LTT videos, they're getting the entire cut of your Premium fee (minus YT's cut).

So whether you watch an hour of LTT per month or 15 hours, if that's all you watch, they'll get the same amount of money from you.

I watch a bunch of different YouTube channels.  My "manipulative" idea was about making sure certain creators (eg LMG) got a higher % of my fee.  The idea was that if I watch 100 hours of YouTube a month, 5 hours of which is LMG, LMG gets 5%.  If I replay their videos when I am doing other things, I could increase LMG's %.  But it's a stupid idea because the difference between 5% of my fee and 10% is negligible.  It's also unfair to other creators, although It wouldn't make a difference unless there was an organized effort to manipulate things.  I figure paying for Floatplane and LMG's fair share of a premium fee is enough support.  I might consider their Amazon affiliate link, but I am already using Amazon Smile to benefit a non-profit that runs health clinics in NYC.  Sorry Linus, I think that's a worthier cause.