Just help me!

Spirit`yL
1 minute ago, Spirit`yL said:

Ryzen i would consider

Ryzen 3xxx is coming out in 7/7. It is actually in your best interest to wait if you want the best. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

要是你的父母不同意,你需要找个跟好的原因。我觉得你应该找个跟便宜的电脑。 他们有可能觉得你不需要那么多的东西。也是,要是你的延时很长,有可能你需要把你的游戏服务器换到亚洲的。 @Spirit`yL

why you need to carry it to school? if you need a computer at school either ask for a laptop or use your old one and build a full tower

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

You don’t need a big rig to play LoL at good settings.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

1 hour ago, Spirit`yL said:

yep,the 5Ghz wifi traveller could solve,in my mom home(my dad and mom has separate)her 5Ghz wifi traveller with 50Mb/s NET WORK to download pubg mobile is 10-15 MB/S

Yep, you definitely are mixing things hard. You are talking about different things in half of your posts. You might wanna research that a bit more before anything else. Otherwise your new PC will still suck with your current connection.

1 hour ago, Spirit`yL said:

Screw you,if i cant spend it, why my parents gave me,ha?

If you can spend it, why do you even have this thread for convincing your parent to spend your money?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

16 hours ago, Spirit`yL said:

Oh come on,i not only use this pc for gamming but also to learn 3D modling,and he always says to wait for my exam score...

As someone who is actually making some money from my models (3D printed products) I can assure you that while a beefy PC will help with render times, you shouldn't have any issues starting out with a PC that's less than half of the price that you are asking for. 

I don't think that you are getting the answers that you want to hear in this thread, but in all seriousness there is little to nothing that any of us can do to convince your father. 

6 hours ago, Skanky Sylveon said:

As someone who is actually making some money from my models (3D printed products) I can assure you that while a beefy PC will help with render times, you shouldn't have any issues starting out with a PC that's less than half of the price that you are asking for. 

I don't think that you are getting the answers that you want to hear in this thread, but in all seriousness there is little to nothing that any of us can do to convince your father. 

as someone who models with fusion 360 on a i5 2500 with the igpu you can model on just about anything.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

1 minute ago, Skanky Sylveon said:

Challenge accepted!

*tries to run blender on a raspberry pi*

actually maybe.

it meats none of the requirements but I might try it anyway cause why not?

51 minutes ago, will1432 said:

I tried it, it worked better then I expected, but is still unusable for the most part. 

It may make a good cheap and power efficient render farm though. 

I actually recorded it, but the video is far too big to post on these fourms and personal YouTube videos aren't allowed outside of status updates, so I tagged you in a status update. 

Not to get on a soapbox, but I used my (at the time) seven-year-old laptop with a dual-core i5 for the first year of a course in digital design, including 3d modeling. It was a bit laggy, but I was able to learn nonetheless. At $1,000, you should be able to run just about any 3d modeling software well enough to satisfy your coursework.

A few notes: 

-Stick with a quad-core CPU. Lower cost, and almost all modeling programs use one thread.

-1060 should be fine, but in a pinch, I've used a machine with a 1050ti, and accomplished a lot. a Radeon VII is overkill for your use case.

-Don't worry too much about a fancy monitor - 3d modeling programs are rarely nice to look at. I'm not saying that high refresh rates and higher resolution panels won't make for a better experience, but they are far from necessary.

And out of curiosity, which programs are you trying to run?

Good luck!

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

17 hours ago, will1432 said:

Use raspberry pie zero for bonus points. Run it on windows 10 instead of Linux for max archievement

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 6/10/2019 at 1:52 AM, Spirit`yL said:

A laptop:Core i7-4510u low power cpu,dual core, four threads 4G ddr3 ram,GeForce 820m graphics,100G sata3 ssd

That’s a pretty solid laptop. Not bad for schoolwork and a few games. Why not try lighter or older games?

tell me if you want me to speak chinese, i can fail at that for you

i would use your laptop as a note-taking and light work device

your dad's demands are quite reasonable, considering how much my grandparents stressed about my mom

if you parents don't let you spend your red pocket money, get a job(not so sure about this, haven't been to china in a long time)

convince your dad to let you use wired. plus, i'm sure your internet is about 30 times better than mine, and my friend with 10 Mbps can game

switch your server region in games if you need to

wait for ryzen 3xxx

browse around at tech stores and see if they have any cases that are inexpensive and you like

i can also say that your keyboard, mouse, and headset aren't the most important, get what you NEED now, use your old mouse if have one

good luck in convincing your parents :)

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

2 hours ago, Gegger said:

tell me if you want me to speak chinese, i can fail at that for you

我的手发出一种强大的力量,它的燃烧抓地力告诉我打败你!

In all seriousness, expensive peripherals does not make a great gamer.  I agree that if money is a concern to get cheaper peripherals or stick with what he/she has for now.