Just help me!

Spirit`yL

Well,my dad has promise me to build the PC that i still want after China University Pass.

But, today,i finish the exam,i told him that my plan(it just almost 2500 dollars include PC,key board, mouse headphone jack and a pretty powerful WiFi traveller) and he refuse my apply.He says that my

apply is irrational.

Oh come on,i not only use this pc for gamming but also to learn 3D modling,and he always says to wait for my exam score...

He is means that,if my score is enough to apply the school that i can go to learn 3D modiling,that he would be allow me to build.....

But i really wanna use this new computer,because the laptop that i send this topic now is pretty crappy,it just have 3000+ ping in League Of Legends,so the last game i use  Yasuo to gank Master Yi that

my laptop has increase the ping at 2000+ ping.......and i die,Master Yi has rise up his thumb to me,i can`t afford it...

Guys,how should i do that i can lead my dad allow to build my PC???Really need you guys help!!!

As much as I can't and won't interfere on your father's parenting, I do think he makes a normal demand.

If the original promise was for you to build a PC after you finish exams, I find it to be a reasonable demand to know the scores first.

Also, for a PC costing 2500 USD including peripherals, I think it's quite a good idea to know first if you will really need all of that for 3D modeling

Plus, a PC + mouse + keyboard + headset for 2500 USD seems quite ridiculous. Even if you also get a monitor within that budget. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3000+ ping in League Of Legends

That most likely has nothing to do with your laptop - if your internet connection is bad getting better hardware won't help. Try connecting your laptop to the router directly with an ethernet cable; if it gets better you can buy an external wifi adapter for like 20$.

As for convincing your dad, it seems to me he's been pretty clear - get a good grade and he'll buy you a pc. Honestly though, I agree with him that your request is unreasonable. You don't need incredible hardware to learn 3d modeling or programming - when you've learned the basics and think you'd like to build your career doing that you'll know what you actually need and then you can consider buying a more powerful computer. Don't make the mistake of buying a Ferrari before you know how to drive.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Are we talking about your money or his money? $2500 is pretty steep, and the things you list are pretty weird. Headphone jack? Pretty powerful WiFi traveller? How about you share your planned parts list with us and we take a look, perhaps there's room to shave a few hundred dollars off.

3000+ ping would pretty much make any online game unplayable. Language barrier? In any case, it might be your Internet connection that's the real issue, and in that case pouring more money into network gear probably won't do any good.

3 minutes ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

2500 USD? That's more than you probably need. What did you spec in there?

well,2700x and radeon 7+32G ddr4 3200 mhz Ram,512G ssd+2t sshd

Just now, tatte said:

Are we talking about your money or his money? $2500 is pretty steep, and the things you list are pretty weird. Headphone jack? Pretty powerful WiFi traveller? How about you share your planned parts list with us and we take a look, perhaps there's room to shave a few hundred dollars off.

3000+ ping would pretty much make any online game unplayable. Language barrier? In any case, it might be your Internet connection that's the real issue, and in that case pouring more money into network gear probably won't do any good.

the money is red pocket money that i collect

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

That most likely has nothing to do with your laptop - if your internet connection is bad getting better hardware won't help. Try connecting your laptop to the router directly with an ethernet cable; if it gets better you can buy an external wifi adapter for like 20$.

As for convincing your dad, it seems to me he's been pretty clear - get a good grade and he'll buy you a pc. Honestly though, I agree with him that your request is unreasonable. You don't need incredible hardware to learn 3d modeling or programming - when you've learned the basics and think you'd like to build your career doing that you'll know what you actually need and then you can consider buying a more powerful computer. Don't make the mistake of buying a Ferrari before you know how to drive.

the wifi connect is 100M,and is really had a normal performance no matter on my pc and phone,is just crappy 2-3MB/S speed

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Ferrari.....i am nor BellGates.....

1 minute ago, Spirit`yL said:

the wifi connect is 100M,and is really had a normal performance no matter on my pc and phone,is just crappy 2-3MB/S speed

Then you have a bad internet plan, ask your dad to upgrade that instead of asking for a new computer.

The parts you listed are waaay overkill for a student just starting out university, tell us what you need and we'll give you a more balanced parts list.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

8 minutes ago, Minibois said:

As much as I can't and won't interfere on your father's parenting, I do think he makes a normal demand.

If the original promise was for you to build a PC after you finish exams, I find it to be a reasonable demand to know the scores first.

Also, for a PC costing 2500 USD including peripherals, I think it's quite a good idea to know first if you will really need all of that for 3D modeling

Plus, a PC + mouse + keyboard + headset for 2500 USD seems quite ridiculous. Even if you also get a monitor within that budget. 

Plus monitor and wifi traveller

Just now, Sauron said:

Then you have a bad internet plan, ask your dad to upgrade that instead of asking for a new computer.

The parts you listed are waaay overkill for a student just starting out university, tell us what you need and we'll give you a more balanced parts list.

no,no,no i mean is LAN Speed is 100M

Ferrari.....i am nor BellGates.....

It's a manner of speaking, it means you shouldn't go out and buy the best and most expensive tools if you don't know how to use them.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Spirit`yL said:

the money is red pocket money that i collect

I have no idea what that means. Pocket money usually means money your parents give you. Red money is completely foreign term to me, and collecting it only confuses me even more.

Just to avoid further misunderstanding: Do you have those $2500 in your possession right now, or are you expecting your dad to give that money to you?

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

It's a manner of speaking, it means you shouldn't go out and buy the best and most expensive tools if you don't know how to use them.

but, bro we only use wifi,my dad hat cable management

2 minutes ago, tatte said:

I have no idea what that means. Pocket money usually means money your parents give you. Red money is completely foreign term to me, and collecting it only confuses me even more.

Just to avoid further misunderstanding: Do you have those $2500 in your possession right now, or are you expecting your dad to give that money to you?

i really really really really want because i dont wanna use this crap laptop anymore!!!

Just now, Spirit`yL said:

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're saying. If your wifi is slow only on your laptop, get an external wifi adapter; they are cheap and they work well. If all your devices have this problem ask your dad to get a better internet plan.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, tatte said:

BTW,the bank card`s key is on his hand?

Convince your dad to let you use a cable, and drop the price tag of your PC so he will be willing to buy it. $1500 would get a really awesome PC, even $1000 is great.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Sauron said:

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're saying. If your wifi is slow only on your laptop, get an external wifi adapter; they are cheap and they work well. If all your devices have this problem ask your dad to get a better internet plan.

The 100Mb/s is means that the Wired Network connection speed that my  house could use

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Convince your dad to let you use a cable, and drop the price tag of your PC so he will be willing to buy it. $1500 would get a really awesome PC, even $1000 is great.

U just want me use 9400F+B360+ RTX 2060 run The Ghost Recon:Wild Land at 1080 mid or low settings at 60 fps,wtf that i buy a 144hz

monitor??

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

well,if it really could run 144hz in PUBG,i would consider that feature,but i really wait for this pc 6 years........

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Btw can run The Ghost Recon: Wild Land fluently

Just now, realpetertdm said:

Not trying to be offensive, but I can't understand what OP is trying to say here