Zotac GTX 1650 Low Profile, will we get a 1650 TI?

34 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

1030 does not support GSync.

https://www.techpowerup.com/241350/nvidia-geforce-gt-1030-sneakily-gets-g-sync-support

it does actually. not that its all that useful

1030 does not support NVENC

if you need nvenc, there is allways the 1050. tho it is sad to see it lacking that feature. and it is to be noted the 1650 uses the old Nvenc unit, meaning its the same as the 1050. 

1030 does not support 7680x4320@120Hz

so HDMI specification, because that is super useful. DP 1.4 allready does 4k 120hz, which is all that is needed

1030 does not support OpenGL 4.6

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gt-1030.c2954

it does actually. 

1030 does not support dual link DVI

adapters, you can get far with DP and HDMI. 

1030 does not support Ansel.

does, but only in selective titles that need support. 

Lets make the budget infinity, so as to say, I am not concerned if I pay $60 dollars or $200 dollars, I am simply trying to get the the best peformance.

infinity budget allows for a new case.......... and if your case cant do fullsize cards, looking at a HTPC case isnt a bad idea. fractal design 202 is a good choice. 

You would only buy it if you could not afford to use modern equipment.

or if you needed a display output. if you were a sane person and needed newer support you would wait for the lower end gt version of the TU108 die. 

8 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

you spelled ghetto wrong.

super getto right?

also i dont really care. 

edit: also you arent quoting, and got all of those bits wrong. 

you are wrong about all of that. Nvidia, the manufacturer lists all its specs differently than you are presenting through third parties which do not document the source they use to come to their conclusions. lets ignore the double display ram, double memory interface and over double the cuda core count, and higher power efficiency of the smaller process. lets just focus on the points you bring up, which are invalid against the official specifications from the manufacturer.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-1030/specifications

the infinity budget would allow for anything, but the constraints are low profile. again, this limitation seems to be lost on you. Its called a form factor. its a standard. you cannot fit a full sized card in a low profile slot.

6 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

you are wrong about all of that. Nvidia, the manufacturer lists all its specs differently than you are presenting through third parties which do not document the source they use to come to their conclusions.

yeah they usually dont update the sort of stuff that comes with drivers. the HD 7850 page says no support for dx12, even though it clearly supports dx 12. nothing unusual. 

7 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

next, the infinity budget would allow for anything, but the constraints are low profile. again, this limitation seems to be lost on you. Its called a form factor. its a standard. you cannot fit a full sized card in a low profile slot.

there is a niche i would somewhat agree the 1650 makes sense, and its when you have a young inexperienced person who is uncomfy with getto that wants to upgrade his old small formfactor build. in that case a 1650 makes some sense, though a 1050 makes more sense to be sure the PCIe power is to spec and the PSU can hold its own. 

there are plenty of small formfactor with fullsize slots. like the fractal design 202. its HTPC, but smaller than most small formfactor towers. 

and i get that point, but its a niche of a niche, and its a niche that is allready filled by a product that is more safe to use for those types of systems. 

1 minute ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

you write like you are 12. I am aware its an ad-hominum, but Its OK since you have basically made my point for me.

yes, the age old grammar argument. dont care, i aced english my last year and as such i wont need to practise anymore. 

all im getting at is that the 1650 is sort of pointless, overpriced and nothing special compared to earlier, cheaper products and poor value when it comes to support for hardware. 

also, you are still not quoting people. like if you want to be the last guy standing hoping the other guy wont respond because he has a life. 

too bad i dont have a life. 

but be aware its not uncommon for both Nvidia and AMD to not update their product page of older products. especally when it comes to stuff that comes through driver updates. i provided sources that the stuff works.

1 minute ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

I dont care what you scored on your exam last year.

you came here for help, you got it and then you started acting like a 13 year old with a tantrum.. 

you say you don't have a budget and you don't care if you spend 60 or 200$, you just want performance.. then go buy two 2080TI and put them in SLI in a ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME X399 /caseclosed? 

3 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

you came here for help, you got it and then you started acting like a 13 year old with a tantrum..

I'm not sure why you think I was looking for help. Care to indicate where I made that impression? It seems to me that the topic was set to discuss the 1650 low profile card. Please tell me more about why I should get a 2080ti SLI in an ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME X399 over the 1650 low profile.

Just now, yourbiggestfanStan said:

I'm not sure why you think I was looking for help? care to indicate where I made that impression? It seems to me that the topic was set to discuss the 1650 low profile card. Please tell me more about why I should get a 2080ti SLI in an ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME X399 over the 1650 low profile.

1 hour ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

Lets make the budget infinity, so as to say, I am not concerned if I pay $60 dollars or $200 dollars, I am simply trying to get the the best peformance.

Well simple, the GT 1030 has 384 cuda cores v the 896 in the GTX 1650.The 1030 has 2GB GDDR5, where the 1650 has double at 4GB. The 1030 has a 64-bit memory interface (48gbps), whereas the 1650 has a 128-bit memory interface (128gbps)

1030 does not support gamestream or highlights.
1030 does not support NVENC

1030 does not support OpenGL 4.6

So, as it stands, the 1030 is incompatible for supporting the newest gaming features, monitor specifications, connections, encoders, or programming API. You would only buy it if you could not afford to use modern equipment.

i was referring to this. 

Well simple, the GT 1030 has 384 cuda cores v the 896 in the GTX 1650. The 1030 has a 64-bit memory interface (48gbps), whereas the 1650 has a 128-bit memory interface (128gbps)

that's not how you compare GPUs at all. otherwise the 290x would have performed better than the 480 because it has a 512-bit interface over the 480's 256-bit interface, and 2816 shaders over the 480's 2304 shaders, instead the 480 performs better on average.

most would buy a 1030 for a display adapter, they wouldn't be buying the 1030 for things like ansel.

right, because because you'd get a $300+ monitor to run games on a card that isn't made for gaming.

there's barely any 8k monitors up for sale, much less high-refresh rate 8k monitors. plus, they're currently thousands when they are on sale. why the fuck would anyone buy such an expansive monitor and pair it up with that thing?

adapters are a thing.

17 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

you write like you are 12. I am aware its an ad-hominum, but Its OK since you have basically made my point for me.

and you've tried to make him look stupid by calling out his grammar errors. don't see you complaining over it. and don't try to claim it's a nice gesture or anything, this tactic has been done for years already.

so far all you're doing is just claiming the 1650 is great then screeching "LALALALALA" whenever anyone tries to tell you otherwise. you try to act like you're the smartest one in the thread when you're really the dumbest of the lot.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, Norwegiantweaker said:

i was referring to this. 

oh ok. yeah. I guess we got to the bottom of it.

looks like the 1030 low profile is a POS compared to the 1650 low profile

4 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

I'm not sure why you think I was looking for help. Care to indicate where I made that impression?

You asked for the existance of a 1650ti low profile 75watt version over the 1650 low profile indicating you wanted tl juy one and needed advice for planes going forward. You never adressed this even when asked multiple times over the cause of purchase

13 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

I dont care what you scored on your exam last year.

And i dont care about your distaste for my grammar. Also thank you for learning how to quote, even if you didnt quote me

4 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

It is. The 1030 has always been actual crap. 

The 1650 is way better but still sucks

Rig 1: i7-9700k OC'd to 5.0ghz all core | EVGA XC RTX 2080Ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 4x8gb | ASUS PRIME Z370-P | Asetek 550LC 120mm | ADATA 480GB SSD & Toshiba P300 3TB | Cooler Master Masterbox MB500 | Win 10 Home | Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, G502 Proteus Spectrum, G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow Wireless Limited Edition, Corsair MM300 Mouse Pad | 2 MSI Optix Curved 27" FHD Monitors 

(before i sold the WD drive and MSI gpu - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11946219 171 gaming. felt good.)

Rig 2: i7-7700k Stock clocks | MSI Armor GTX 1070 | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 2x8GB | MSI Z270 A-Pro | WD Green 240GB SSD & 2TB Seagate HDD | Thermaltake Core G21 Tempered Glass Edition | Win 10 Home | 2 HP Omen FHD 144hz 24.5" Monitors 

Rig 3: i7-6700 | GT 730 & GT 645 OEM | Some random DDR4 2133mhz 2x8gb sticks | OEM Dell Mobo | WD Black 2TB HDD & Toshiba 1TB HDD | Win 10 Home | 3 27" Dell FHD Monitors 

Rig 4: i7-4770 | EVGA SSC 1050ti | Some random DDR3 ram 2x2gb and 2x4gb sticks | OEM Dell Mobo | Stock Cooler | 1TB WD Black HDD | Win 7 Home 

RIP 

Rig 5 (dead and dismantled and sold) : i7-7820X OC'd to 4.8ghz all core | MSI DUKE 1080ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 4x8gb | Gigabyte X299 UD4 PRO | Asetek 240mm AIO | WD Green 240gb SSD | Other various components that I can't remember

Rig 6 (same fate as rig 5) i7-8700k stock clocks | MSI DUKE 1080ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 2x8gb | MSI Z370 A-Pro | Asetek 550LC 120mm | WD Green 240GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB HDD | Other various components that I can't Remember 

47 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

the only issue is the getto part of it.

Really?

The 1050 / 1650 is Nvidia's cheapest gaming card.  If you've got the cash for a high-end gaming rig, you aren't ever going to be putting one of these cards into it.

I suspect that upgrading low-end PCs is, in fact, the _intended_ use case for this card.

5 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

1030 is a displaycard. Nothing more nothing less.

Still supports newest APIs tho.

1050 is better, but not amazing. Better than the 1650 imo

7 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I suspect that upgrading low-end PCs is, in fact, the _intended_ use case for this card.

That and OEM systems.

As independant builders its very niche. And upgrading older systems, and you have some experience, then id avoid the 1650. But it is indeed a niche it fulfills.

7 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

The 1050 / 1650 is Nvidia's cheapest gaming card.  If you've got the cash for a high-end gaming rig, you aren't ever going to be putting one of these cards into it.

But when you are on a lower budget, then there are better options. Though you will need to allow for a bit of getto and have some experience or confidense. 

Edit: in that case a low powered GPU is nice, but id argue the 1050 is better here for lower powerdraw to avoid the PSU dying or bad mobo PCIe power

• 3 weeks later...

MSI has just revealed their GTX 1650 Low Profile GPU, the Geforce GTX 1650 4GT LP

It appears the only differerence between the two cards is in ports. MSI's card has a HDMI and DVI, while Zotac's has HDMI, DP, and DVI.

Here is the link to Zotac's website for their GTX 1650 Low Profile,  Z T-T16500H-10L

I'm not sure what the fighting is about. We are talking about getting something like this:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153506945931

and slapping in a $180? Graphics card for a portable $360 - $380 system that can game at 1080p. Some people will want to do that. It's not a bad option if you need something small.

Here is a better small system. It's  $200 more though