Zotac GTX 1650 Low Profile, will we get a 1650 TI?

At computex 2019 Zotac showed off the GTX 1650 Low Profile. A nice card certainly, but will we get a 1650 TI in low profile, with over 1000 cuda cores at under 75 watts?

well the 1650 is a complete and utter waste of money. You can get an RX570 for less money and more performance... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

rumours of 1650ti seems to have died off. At current pricing though 1650s are terrible deals.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

3 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

its 12nm 12!!!!!

is this in response to @Skiiwee29? make sure to quote or @ people so they see your responses.

also 12nm means nothing if it doesn't deliver

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

21 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

its 12nm 12!!!!!

And?

Its still signifikantly worse than a now 3 year old product. That you can get for less (new)

27 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

well the 1650 is a complete and utter waste of money. You can get an RX570 for less money and more performance... 

Considering OP is talking about low-profile, that would generally hint at upgrading an SFF prebuilt.

You know, where there is no way to shove a 570 + PSU in without pretty much entirely negating the point of sticking with said SFF prebuilt.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

38 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

It's actually good enough for 1080p high gaming with 60fps if someone doesn't need anymore juice. Also, the fact it has only has 75w tdp compared to 120w of rx 570 and doesn't 6pin pcie connector makes it a better choice for prebuilts such as Optiplex which generally has very low wattage PSUs or even for people who have lowend PSUs like 300w in their custom bult. I like also like the fact it comes in mini edition or low profile which makes it fit in virtually any system like some congested motherboard or crappy low end cases with lack space.

You can get. A PSU and an rx 570..... Its still a much better buy. If a PSU cant power a rx 570, i wouldbt trust it to power anything else.

8 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

I have a decent 500w psu but my h61 mobo is congested and it would block access to first two sata ports lane if i put any bigger gpu than than conventional zotac mini edition GPUs.

That is what angled Sata connectors are for. Also there are short rx 570s

i think its kinda good that low profile 1650 is made because the reason it got so many complains is because it doesnt have 1 which means even a low powered sff pc cant use it which makes it useless because there is RX 570 for cheaper and dont really need that good of a PSU to run just like any other GPU.

4 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Also there are short rx 570s

Really???  Never seen a single one; the best AMD low-profile card I've seen is a 560, and that one is terribly overpriced and underpowered.

If you have a case that can only hold low-profile cards, and you want to upgrade the graphics, Nvidia is the only game in town. :(

46 minutes ago, campy said:

As for low profile, you can get the MSI lp 560 for about 130-140$ new on ebay. Its a bit more expensive than other 560's but most low profile cards cost more than their normal height counterparts.

Hmm.  I believe the lp GTX 1050 costs about the same, and has slightly better performance.  And of course the 1050 ti has quite a bit better performance, though at a higher price.  And yeah, just to add insult to injury, the 1650 does even better, and will soon be available in lp form; hopefully, that'll drive down the prices of the 1050 and 1050 ti lp cards as well.

I don't see the 570 ever coming out in low-profile form, nor does it seem that AMD has any interest in future lp cards right now either...

Theres also the Radeon pro wx 4100 which is low profile and performs pretty close to a 1050ti.

Interesting!  I'll have to check it out.  However, browsing a few web pages, it seems even more expensive than the 1050 ti, and I'm not seeing anybody saying that it has similar performance, at least in terms of gaming.

7 hours ago, Copernicus said:

If you have a case that can only hold low-profile cards, and you want to upgrade the graphics, Nvidia is the only game in town. :(

That is highly specific usecase, but sure.

7 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Really???  Never seen a single one; the best AMD low-profile card I've seen is a 560, and that one is terribly overpriced and underpowered.

Both MSI and Sapphire made ones. There is even a short Vega 56. 

We are talking about short cards, not low profile. Because odds are of you are using lowprofile cards its most likely just to have a display putput.

6 hours ago, Copernicus said:

don't see the 570 ever coming out in low-profile form, nor does it seem that AMD has any interest in future lp cards right now either...

Mostly due to power requirements.

But the usecase of a lp-card that is more than just a displauoutput card is very small.

And if you are using low profile OEM case, then there is allways the possibility of using a PCIe extender and have the card vertically in the case. 

Because if you are in that scenario, you have a small budget, and you want the best possible.

14 hours ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

At computex 2019 Zotac showed off the GTX 1650 Low Profile. A nice card certainly, but will we get a 1650 TI in low profile, with over 1000 cuda cores at under 75 watts?

I would say it is impossible. 1650 already is at the very limit of 75w range, making it any more powerful would increase its power draw over that range (just like OC'd 1650 models that are rated for 91w  TDP)

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

2 hours ago, Quadriplegic said:

I would say it is impossible. 1650 already is at the very limit of 75w range, making it any more powerful would increase its power draw over that range (just like OC'd 1650 models that are rated for 91w  TDP)

This is my fear, because the TI cards in the past have been clocked higher too, it may not be possible until 10nm. This could actually be the end of the XX50 TI series unless in someway they downclocked it and used better vram

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

That is highly specific usecase, but sure.

Both MSI and Sapphire made ones. There is even a short Vega 56. 

We are talking about short cards, not low profile. Because odds are of you are using lowprofile cards its most likely just to have a display putput.

On the contrary, this thread is about a low profile card, which is a specific use and formfactor commonly found in rackmount and SFF pc. Low profile cards include most intel network adapters, some sound cards, raid cards, and usb expansion cards.

If you want to compare it with fullsized short cards, go ahead, but you are basically comparing an apple with an orange.

2 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

This is my fear, because the TI cards in the past have been clocked higher too, it may not be possible until 10nm. This could actually be the end of the TI series unless in someway they downclocked it and used better vram

10nm?  its only Intel who is going to use 10nm for high performance parts. Nvidia uses TSMC or Samsung, meaning they will most likely skip to 7nm. because i dont think there is a high performance 10nm node. 

On the contrary, this thread is about a low profile card, which is a specific use and formfactor commonly found in rackmount and SFF pc. Low profile cards include most intel network adapters, some sound cards, raid cards, and usb expansion cards.

and in those systems you are looking to get a displaycard, nothing more...........

and if you are making a high powered rack mount system, then there is room for 2 slot cards.........

4 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

If you want to compare it with fullsized short cards, go ahead, but you are basically comparing an apple with an orange.

we are comparing card to card, the use of low profile cards is super niche. not saying it doesnt exist, but odds are if you are looking for performance, then you want to be looking at a fullsize card, regardless if its a small formfactor OEM build, as mentioned earlier there are PCIe extentions that you can use to fit fullsize cards no problem. 

i dont see a use for a low profile gtx 1650, since in every usecase you would be looking at one, there are cheaper options or you want the better performance of a cheaper card. 

Your thesis is fundamentally flawed, which invalidates your argument. The reason for a low profile card is for a form factor that does not fit full sized cards. thats why its a format which basically every expansion category has deployed.

As Low Profile cards go, this is the newest consumer grade card from nvidia in 30 months. If you look at quadro, the p400/p600/p1000, or even the NVS is dated as well. The p400 at 30 watts is pretty solid, but as for maximizing performance in low profile, the 1650 low profile is cutting edge, and i have to consider there will not be a TI in Low Profile, as we had with the 1050.

Your thesis is fundamentally flawed, which invalidates your argument. The reason for a low profile card is for a form factor that does not fit full sized cards. thats why its a format which basically every expansion category has deployed.

and as i stated:

24 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

not saying it doesnt exist, but odds are if you are looking for performance, then you want to be looking at a fullsize card, regardless if its a small formfactor OEM build,

24 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

and in those systems you are looking to get a displaycard, nothing more...........

and if you are making a high powered rack mount system, then there is room for 2 slot cards.........

in other words, they are most of the time pointless with the other solutions on the market. my argument stands. 

4 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

As Low Profile cards go, this is the newest consumer grade card from nvidia in 30 months.

yes, and? its not an exciting card, its overpriced and its performance is underwhealming for the price. 

and if you are using small formfactor with no fullsize PCIe slot, then there are solutions to fit a fullsize card aswell as in those systems you are most of the time just looking for something to display an image. 

not saying there isnt a niche of a niche. there just most of the time isnt a reason to buy the card. could you elaborate on why you are looking at getting that card?

8 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

the 1650 low profile is cutting edge,

what is cutting edge about it? its an overpriced 1050ti replacement. doesnt have any of the new features from Turing, doesnt have the fp16 performance of RTX. (performance per SP)

th 1650 is a the single most dissapointing piece in their entire lineup. 

14 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

and as i stated:

in other words, they are most of the time pointless with the other solutions on the market. my argument stands. 

yes, and? its not an exciting card, its overpriced and its performance is underwhealming for the price. 

and if you are using small formfactor with no fullsize PCIe slot, then there are solutions to fit a fullsize card aswell as in those systems you are most of the time just looking for something to display an image. 

not saying there isnt a niche of a niche. there just most of the time isnt a reason to buy the card. could you elaborate on why you are looking at getting that card?

what is cutting edge about it? its an overpriced 1050ti replacement. doesnt have any of the new features from Turing, doesnt have the fp16 performance of RTX. (performance per SP)

th 1650 is a the single most dissapointing piece in their entire lineup. 

Your argument doesnt stand. You are arguing that low profile cards dont make sense because you can jerry rig or macgyver a card in sideways.

This doesnt make sense because then you wouldnt be buying a low profile card in the first place.

If you need a low profile card, thats what you are going to be looking at. There is no such thing as a "niche of a niche" Low Profile is an industry standard. You have no argument. 

Its cutting edge because in low profile, there is no faster performing card at this point. Get over bullshit sideways brackets, which would be a "niche of a niche" of anything found in this thread

Just now, yourbiggestfanStan said:

Your argument doesnt stand. You are arguing that low profile cards dont make sense because you can jerry rig or macgyver a card in sideways.

in usecases where you are low on a budget and looking for performance, then yes that is very much a valid option. and an encouraged one.

for usecases of low profile cards you are looking for a display card, nothing more. 

2 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

If you need a low profile card, thats what you are going to be looking at. There is no such thing as a "niche of a niche" Low Profile is an industry standard. You have no argument. 

tell me a realistic usecase for a higher performance card in low profile. 

because the gt1030 which is cheaper, less powerhungry and most of the time smaller does the low profile job better. that card makes sense. the 1650 does not, because if you are looking for performance, then you either have a case to fit it, or you are in the budget category of being valueoriented and have allready jerryrigged a bit to get the OEM build working. 

5 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

Get over bullshit sideways brackets, which would be a "niche of a niche" of anything found in this thread

its the one niche where the 1650 would make sense, and it gets beaten. its the only position the 1650 has an argument. 

6 minutes ago, yourbiggestfanStan said:

Its cutting edge because in low profile, there is no faster performing card at this point.

and there is no usecase for it.

why are you looking at getting a 1650? you havent outlines this

@yourbiggestfanStan to make it super simple. mention a usecase where you would be looking at a 1650 over a gt 1030. argue budgetwise and overall benefits. 

Lets make the budget infinity, so as to say, I am not concerned if I pay $60 dollars or $200 dollars, I am simply trying to get the the best peformance.

Well simple, the GT 1030 has 384 cuda cores v the 896 in the GTX 1650.The 1030 has 2GB GDDR5, where the 1650 has double at 4GB. The 1030 has a 64-bit memory interface (48gbps), whereas the 1650 has a 128-bit memory interface (128gbps)

1030 does not support Ansel.

1030 does not support GSync.
1030 does not support gamestream or highlights.
1030 does not support 7680x4320@120Hz
1030 does not support NVENC

1030 does not support dual link DVI

1030 does not support OpenGL 4.6

So, as it stands, the 1030 is incompatible for supporting the newest gaming features, monitor specifications, connections, encoders, or programming API. You would only buy it if you could not afford to use modern equipment.

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

@yourbiggestfanStan to make it super simple. mention a usecase where you would be looking at a 1650 over a gt 1030. argue budgetwise and overall benefits. 

Super simple answer:

I have already made an investment in a small form factor PC.  Now I want to play games.  What is the simplest, least expensive way to achieve this goal?

Answer: purchase a decent low profile card and install it.  Problem solved.

2 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Super simple answer:

I have already made an investment in a small form factor PC.  Now I want to play games.  What is the simplest, least expensive way to achieve this goal?

Answer: purchase a decent low profile card and install it.  Problem solved.

ayy, someone with a usecase. 

the only issue is the getto part of it. and if you are looking at converting a older system, then going a bit getto isnt out of the picture. 

but its a small usecase, but its a usecase at least