Why Is It So Common To Hate On Fortnite

FiveSquared25

To be clear, I am not those toxic 10 year olds. The last time that I had been playing Fortnite was Jan. and I haven't played it seriously since this time last year. Fortnite is a decent and fun game, it's the free-to-play, toxic community, and annoying YouTubers that are making the game trash. They added airplanes, golf carts, and more. I like those changes, as games that don't change are not fun *cough*Madden*cough*. It may not be your game of choice, but don't disrespect other people and group them as toxic simply because they enjoy a game.

TL:DR Be nice to others and liking. game is not the end of the world.

PS: This is my first post and i apoligze if I am wrong.

Have you checked out any videos on why people don't like it? It's just not a great game.

It "enslaved" the people who dropped hundreds on it, to feel as if they are inclined to continue playing to get their value of the money they spent. IMO it's their fault they spent that much to flex their outfit on a F2P game.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

It’s a bad game run by people with low morals to exploit players.

1 minute ago, fluxdeity said:

Have you checked out any videos on why people don't like it? It's just not a great game.

It "enslaved" the people who dropped hundreds on it, to feel as if they are inclined to continue playing to get their value of the money they spent. IMO it's their fault they spent that much to flex their outfit on a F2P game.

I agree with what you said, it is certainly not a good game on the level of DOOM 2016 or BOTW. However, it is at least passable and free, which leads to it being good in my eyes. Or we have different definitions of good. IMO, good = decent.

3 main reasons:

Pay streamers to build "Hype"

Peer pressure to get skins & spend money

Epic games being a dick, such as pulling rocket league (one of steam's most popular games)

Also basically copied the battle royale, and added building, and they copied apex (and apex copied them)

Because if you shoot a kid, they can transform into 10 stories building. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Just now, floofer said:

It’s a bad game run by people with low morals to exploit players.

Can you reply in substance?

1 minute ago, Firewrath9 said:

3 main reasons:

Pay streamers to build "Hype"

Peer pressure to get skins & spend money

Epic games being a dick, such as pulling rocket league (one of steam's most popular games)

I agree with all 3, they are all bad. What am I saying is the sheer amount of hatred compared with other "decent" games such as Madden

And also little skill, just steal-killing, and hiding in buildings and bathrooms

(have you seen the fornite "Chapionship")

2 minutes ago, FiveSquared25 said:

What am I saying is the sheer amount of hatred compared with other "decent" games such as Madden

Lots of games have recieved hatred, EA in general is pretty hated.

Lots of games have recieved hatred, EA in general is pretty hated.

And deservedly so. What am I saying is that Fortnite should be hated, but not as hated as it is now.

2 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

And also little skill, just steal-killing, and hiding in buildings and bathrooms

(have you seen the fornite "Chapionship")

I see that trash all the time in BF and COD.

8 minutes ago, FiveSquared25 said:

Can you reply in substance?

4 minutes ago, FiveSquared25 said:

And deservedly so. What am I saying is that Fortnite should be hated, but not as hated as it is now.

I suggest you to just find the reasons on your own on YouTube or reddit with an open mind. Put yourself in the neutral side and if you still disagree and still enjoy the game then by all means you are welcome to continue playing it..

Personally I would never ask somebody about something like this because if you like the game and someone tell you it sucks then it would just lead to an endless argument.

Just continue on playing it and maybe.. Just maybe.. Somewhere along the line You will discover it's pros and cons and why people hate it. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

3 minutes ago, FiveSquared25 said:

I see that trash all the time in BF and COD.

did anyone say COD is great? or good?

at least in COD tournaments people actively try to kill people

and at least in COD, you don't always have to watch your back

and at least in COD, you have an "objective (either to kill ppl or to capture)" so if you hide somewhere the whole game you're not rewarded

and at least in COD, you're not pressured to buy skins,

ditto with BF1-5

also, if your teammates are bad in cod, you can still have a good time and get kills

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

did anyone say COD is great? or good?

at least in COD tournaments people actively try to kill people

and at least in COD, you don't always have to watch your back

and at least in COD, you have an "objective (either to kill ppl or to capture)" so if you hide somewhere the whole game you're not rewarded

and at least in COD, you're not pressured to buy skins,

ditto with BF1-5

also, if your teammates are bad in cod, you can still have a good time and get kills

I agree. Fortnite should be hated for e sport gamers. But what am I syaing is the sheer vitrol for Fortnite has to stop.

4 minutes ago, FiveSquared25 said:

how much is it hated? how does one measure hate?

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

I suggest you to just find the reasons on your own on YouTube or reddit with an open mind. Put yourself in the neutral side and if you still disagree and still enjoy the game then by all means you are welcome to continue playing it..

Personally I would never ask somebody about something like this because if you like the game and someone tell you it sucks then it would just lead to an endless argument.

Just continue on playing it and maybe.. Just maybe.. You will discover it's pros and cons and why people hate it in the process. 

I am not saying you should be fourced to like the game. What am I saying is that you should never hate a person for liking a game. I respect your viewpoint.

how much is it hated? how does one measure hate?

At least in many communties (TF2, COD, BF) if you like fortnite your are autmaticly a 12 year old. Easy, being in a community.

Just now, FiveSquared25 said:

I am not saying you should be fourced to like the game. What am I saying is that you should never hate a person for liking a game. I respect your viewpoint.

I don't hate ppl for playing the game, whoever does that is pretty F***ed up. same with politics. 

I have many friends who play FN (and more who don't).

I don't hate ppl for playing the game, whoever does that is pretty F***ed up. same with politics. 

I have many friends who play FN (and more who don't).

Yeah, I want more poeple to be like you. Non-judgemental. That is what I want in this insane day and age.

2 minutes ago, FiveSquared25 said:

At least in many communties (TF2, COD, BF) if you like fortnite your are autmaticly a 12 year old. Easy, being in a community.

well ppl call robloxers and minecrafters 10y olds

the majority of fortnite players are 8-18 i think

well ppl call robloxers and minecrafters 10y olds

the majority of fortnite players are 8-18 i think

Yeah, don't judge people in geenral.

Popular Games are Hated by people who dont like that type of game and its thrown down their Throats.

EPICGAMES Sucks as a Dev company for the most part. Fortnite (save the world) was a complete failure and didnt sell well. They made Fortnite BR because they saw the success of PubG, and it worked only because they made it free and not the 20$ they were originally going to charge. 

Fortnite Should NEVER have been made into an E-Sport. It wasnt ready then and its not ready now. There are too many game breaking bugs and glitches that can cause people to simply die and such thats not up the the standard of a competitive game. They should be ashamed of themselves but they lead devs and such are going to cry in their billions of revenue.

Honestly Its one of the reason why i dont play competitive. I dont trust Epic Games, they have shown they are incapable of making the right decision and fixing things that need to be fixed

The battle royale genre itself is just tiresome and stressful, the only positive about the game is that it's free and drops free DLC. The community is one of the worst there is for an online game, the aesthetic is ugly if you ask me (and I even love games like TF2 for their cartoony style, when done right) and overall it's a hard game to get invested in because it's more one note than most games.

Now these are all subjective points, except for the fanbase being wretched. being mainly comprised of young, immature kids is one thing, but the game emphasizes communication with 3 random players to be successful and the constant blaming of the team for one's own personal shortcomings is the worst, especially when screamed at you in a high pitched voice.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad