Why Is It So Common To Hate On Fortnite

FiveSquared25
3 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Popular Games are Hated by people who dont like that type of game and its thrown down their Throats.

EPICGAMES Sucks as a Dev company for the most part. Fortnite (save the world) was a complete failure and didnt sell well. They made Fortnite BR because they saw the success of PubG, and it worked only because they made it free and not the 20$ they were originally going to charge. 

Fortnite Should NEVER have been made into an E-Sport. It wasnt ready then and its not ready now. There are too many game breaking bugs and glitches that can cause people to simply die and such thats not up the the standard of a competitive game. They should be ashamed of themselves but they lead devs and such are going to cry in their billions of revenue.

Honestly Its one of the reason why i dont play competitive. I dont trust Epic Games, they have shown they are incapable of making the right decision and fixing things that need to be fixed

True, it an't a e sport and epic pigonholed it. I agree w. the rest

It's a trend IMO, some years ago "hating" minecraft was the thing to do if you wanted to be popular online, now it's fortnite

I don't play the game but don't hate it though

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

12 minutes ago, FiveSquared25 said:

I am not saying you should be fourced to like the game. What am I saying is that you should never hate a person for liking a game. I respect your viewpoint.

It's their right to do so.. People can hate or like whatever and whoever they desire. 

But some people are just toxic and elitist and you don't want to be near that kind of people. 

They let something separate them from other individuals just because of games, religions, race, yadayada politics!! 

I think you got the point so just ignore them and continue what you are doing and maybe somewhere along the line you might or might not be able to find the reasons on why people like/hate it and then it's up to you whether you will continue on playing it or not.. I mean it's your own enjoyment..its either you will let someone mess with it or not. 

This thread will just leads to lots of argument. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

It's a boring, repetitive game full of cheaters. It isn't fun or interesting, in fact it's the polar opposite. I'd rather watch paint dry than play Fortnite.

The first (and last) time I played Fortnite, the constant sound of squeakers shouting and screaming at me in voice chat made me so annoyed and distracted that I just Alt+F4'd outta there and deleted that train wreck of a game off of my PC.

1 minute ago, XR6 said:

It's a boring, repetitive game infested with exploiters and cheaters. It isn't fun or interesting, in fact it's the polar opposite. I'd rather watch paint dry than play Fortnite.

The first (and last) time I played Fortnite, the constant sound of immature squeakers shouting and screaming at me in voice chat made me so annoyed and distracted that I just Alt+F4'd outta there and deleted that wretched game off of my PC.

Disable the mic then. It's inetresting IMO to explore and just sinpe lol

36 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

It's their right to do so.. People can hate or like whatever and whoever they desire. 

But some people are just toxic and elitist and you don't want to be near that kind of people. 

They let something separate them from other individuals just because of games, religions, race, yadayada politics!! 

I think you got the point so just ignore them and continue what you are doing and maybe somewhere along the line you might or might not be able to find the reasons on why people like/hate it and then it's up to you whether you will continue on playing it or not.. I mean it's your own enjoyment..its either you will let someone mess with it or not. 

This thread will just leads to lots of argument. 

Facts, you can dislike fornite, but not a person jsut ebcause they like fortnite.

23 minutes ago, FiveSquared25 said:

Disable the mic then. It's inetresting IMO to explore and just sinpe lol

Eventually I ended up doing that, it made it a bit more playable.

That being said, my main issue with Fortnite is the abundance of cheaters and the pay-to-win system.. it makes playing the game a bad experience.

1 minute ago, XR6 said:

Eventually I ended up doing that, it made it a bit more playable.

That being said, my main issue with Fortnite is the abundance of cheaters and the pay-to-win system.. it makes playing the game a bad experience.

True man, I always die to some tryhard kid same burh

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, battle royale games originated out of mods for games like Unreal and Quake games.  Then another game got a popular mod which spun into PUBG which was popular.  Epic decided they wanted to be trendy again, so they created Fortnite as response, just like they created Unreal as a response to Quake 3 Arena back in the 90s.  So, because it's a trendy game, super in your face, streamers over hyping it, and so on...people are just tired about it being shoved in their faces...

Also, these games aren't really well designed games let alone developed well hence on and off optimization issues and lack of content.  They also have to pay win aspects followed by streamers always win, like Destiny 2.  It would work in the 90s-mid 2000s when as a rival genre to arena shooters maybe.  The only reason these sell well is because of hype and marketing.  Take that away and you have a broken hot mess lacking in content outside of skins and dances.

True man, what am I syaing is that the insane amount of rage directed at people who like Fortnite is unwarrneted. You cnan hate it, that's okay, but hating on others because of 1 game? That's off-limits.

14 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I don't think people hate Fortnite solely, but there's a lot of hate to BRs as a whole.  You can thank marketing and people like Ninja for that.  That's why people hate BR players.  Personally, I couldn't give a shit unless you were personally trying to shove it down my throat.  I'll just go play Quake Champions instead.

Same, I'll rather play TF2 instead. Yeah, I also hate the clutlre surronding fortnite. Nice PC, BTW.

battle royale itself is just a boring genre that is only amusing in short bursts, that said my hate for fortnite is the building... IMO that crap has no place in any type of mass shooter... its annoying as hell... for me there are better, more fun battle royales like ring of elysium or apex legends but even those get stale

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

For me, I worry that the more that games such as Fortnite (PUBG, Apex Legends, etc) succeed, the less inclined studios will be to put effort into titles with campaigns and stories in favor of easy money.

I'm pretty sure my purpose in life is to serve as a warning for others.

12 hours ago, DesolationGod said:

battle royale itself is just a boring genre that is only amusing in short bursts, that said my hate for fortnite is the building... IMO that crap has no place in any type of mass shooter... its annoying as hell... for me there are better, more fun battle royales like ring of elysium or apex legends but even those get stale

Yeah I hate it too, but hey, at least you can sinoe in buildings

4 hours ago, Blze001 said:

For me, I worry that the more that games such as Fortnite (PUBG, Apex Legends, etc) succeed, the less inclined studios will be to put effort into titles with campaigns and stories in favor of easy money.

That’s a legit fear. What am I saying is no to judge people for playing the game