LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

I want to deal in trading. but I might also be dabbling in mining, engineering, and salvaging. id also be happy to be a mercenary for someone in UOLTT transporting something expensive, since I also have an 325A. 

Right on. I'll be sure to think of you the second I need help with anything like that.

I'm purchasing a Hornet myself to have along my Constellation. So in game, lemme know if I can do anything to help you out with. I'm honestly down for anything. I'll just mostly be in deep space.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

Can't wait to see the Eve Titan equivalent ships in Star Citizen!

Likley to be the Bengal. Or Bengal class ships in the future. Though people say the Bengal is a military ship, meaning NPC only more than likely.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

I am home. You ? 

Been here for nearly a year now. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Hey guys, how do you think the controls are? I've seen a massdrop on those kinda flight simulators and someone said that they needed this for star citizen. But those things are expensive; would a mouse+keyboard be fine? Or are those flight simulators for those hardcore dudes or peeps who want an extra immersive simulation experience?

I mean I suck pretty badly in bf4 with the jets. It's partly because whenever I press A or D for the rudder turns, it goes too far left or right. It's like yawing or what ever. I can't really target it with my mouse because that's for flying up, down, and spinning around (barrel rolls: that kinda spinning).

Still haven't decided if spending so much money on a ship is worth it. But then again, I should not overlook the ability to buy ships with the ingame currency, how long that will take no one knows. but I know that I will work with you guys (or......Redd) together for a more fun experience and for bigger fish!

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Hey guys, how do you think the controls are? I've seen a massdrop on those kinda flight simulators and someone said that they needed this for star citizen. But those things are expensive; would a mouse+keyboard be fine? Or are those flight simulators for those hardcore dudes or peeps who want an extra immersive simulation experience?

I mean I suck pretty badly in bf4 with the jets. It's partly because whenever I press A or D for the rudder turns, it goes too far left or right. It's like yawing or what ever. I can't really target it with my mouse because that's for flying up, down, and spinning around (barrel rolls: that kinda spinning).

Still haven't decided if spending so much money on a ship is worth it. But then again, I should not overlook the ability to buy ships with the ingame currency, how long that will take no one knows. but I know that I will work with you guys (or......Redd) together for a more fun experience and for bigger fish!

If they're going for realism, maybe like Space Engineers. From what I can tell only based on my limited knowledge and visual understandings, Space Engineers acts fairly realistic. And unlike many other games which also require thrusters in different positions for steering, in Space Engineers you can really see and feel them during flight. Star Citizen is definitely using the same idea, most notable on the P-52 Merlin. It has quad thrusters on the nose in order to steer it. Reason why people are predicting the Cutlass will be incredibly agile as well.

And being with the CryEngine, only comparing it to other games, you imagine there will be a LOT of weight to throw around on certain ships. Weight as in mass. Accelerating and decelerating in all directions. So likely some ships will feel like driving a whale, while others might feel like driving a. Uh. Golf cart.

The controls seem very simplified though. WASDQE for main steering. And likely a Throttle + and -. Maybe like ARMA. God, I hope not like ARMA. But maybe like ARMA controls, but more realistic weight and shifting abilities which can be seen in Space Engineers.

And being with the CryEngine, only comparing it to other games, you imagine there will be a LOT of weight to throw around on certain ships. Weight as in mass. Accelerating and decelerating in all directions. So likely some ships will feel like driving a whale, while others might feel like driving a. Uh. Golf cart.

Lol the 300i

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

If they're going for realism, maybe like Space Engineers. From what I can tell only based on my limited knowledge and visual understandings, Space Engineers acts fairly realistic. And unlike many other games which also require thrusters in different positions for steering, in Space Engineers you can really see and feel them during flight. Star Citizen is definitely using the same idea, most notable on the P-52 Merlin. It has quad thrusters on the nose in order to steer it. Reason why people are predicting the Cutlass will be incredibly agile as well.

The controls seem very simplified though. WASDQE for main steering. And likely a Throttle + and -. Maybe like ARMA. God, I hope not like ARMA. But maybe like ARMA controls, but more realistic weight and shifting abilities which can be seen in Space Engineers.

i feel like ill need to pack a barf bag before i enter my ship. if we are going to get 75% realism, Id expect newton's laws to play in effect. I can live with out having to place my ship in an orbit though, KSP eats my lunch every time.  :P

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

i feel like ill need to pack a barf bag before i enter my ship. if we are going to get 75% realism, Id expect newton's laws to play in effect. I can live with out having to place my ship in an orbit though, KSP eats my lunch every time.  :P

I can envision a hardcore mode where you have to manually control, track, and set every flight based element as you like. From what I have gathered there is a way to enable fly by wire which means that if you want to do it all yourself, fine great go for it, at the risk of killing yourself because you tried to pull 10gs in a sharp turn.

May I please have an image signature?

I can envision a hardcore mode where you have to manually control, track, and set every flight based element as you like. From what I have gathered there is a way to disable fly by wire which means that if you want to do it all yourself, fine great go for it, at the risk of killing yourself because you tried to pull 10gs in a sharp turn.

you do realize fly by war means you are manual doing it all. fly by wire originates from airplane terms. old airplane used to be flown using wire to control the rutter, elevators, and ailerons. this is different today where most jets are flown using hydraulics aka computer controlled.

*I could be wrong in my interpretation from what Chris Roberts meant by fly-by-wire.

you do realize fly by war means you are manual doing it all. fly by wire originates from airplane terms. old airplane used to be flown using wire to control the rutter, elevators, and ailerons. this is different today where most jets are flown using hydraulics aka computer controlled.

*I could be wrong in my interpretation from what Chris Roberts meant by fly-by-wire.

I see, learned something new today! From the video I saw it sounded like disabling it is what allowed free control but I must have heard it wrong. Good to know though!

May I please have an image signature?

Lol the 300i

BMW of the skies.

BMW of the skies.

I want it soooo much. But the Avenger meets more of my needs. Maybe after I get my Hornet In-game.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Get an Oculus Rift, or whatever it's gonna be called after the lawsuit, then cop one of these. Or something equivalent.

d1390640934.jpg

I want it soooo much. But the Avenger meets more of my needs. Maybe after I get my Hornet In-game.

Yeah. For a first ship the Avenger is, in my opinion, the best ship. Looks good, cargo storage, seems capable of dog fighting. What more could you want for a first ship? And the price is PERFECT. You really can only compare the Cutlass to it, feature wise, and that's a good chunk of money more.

Though, I'm with you. 300i is one of the coolest ships. When I bought my girlfriend hers, it was sitting in my bay until Valentines Day. I miss seeing it, lol.

just upgrade my aurora LN for a cutlass :D after so many time waiting for saving money 

@ixi_your_face update the ship list whit one more cutlass and one less aurora :D

edit: forgot to say i also snatched the game universe map, i hope it comes handy for the first PU release

edit 2: lol just today the released hangar patch 11

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

How do you brake? Is it like thrusters pushing back ?

Oh I forgot to mention when CR and his team demonstrated the early dogfighting, they used controllers or the mouse/KB, I forgot which one but they seemed okay even in early stage.

Still thinking about ships, i do hope insurance will not cost too much but not too little or else you'll spam it, I foresee getting killed by vanduuls and super hornets in seconds and getting surrounded by two constellations quite often so I would much prefer to play only when the LTTC members are on. Maybe for my entire collection I'd like to get a large ship, Ike the constellation or maybe partake in the journey of a idris (if any LTT member has one), a dog fighter like the super hornet or something cheaper like the normal hornet or 325a. And then a cargo, I don't think I could be able to get a skyfarer, but hopefully something similar when they release more ships.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

yea I'm hoping to get the avenger it looks cool and has some mysterious sleeping quarters which i hope will be used to contain my prisoners :)

Updated ship list?

FM4LYtt.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Updated ship list?

FM4LYtt.png

That was such a tease. Shaking my head, lol.

Updated ship list?

FM4LYtt.png

damn we have everything expect an irdris and the scythe 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Hey guys, I watched the hornet commerical with the hornet being chased by an aurora and then I think a 300 series.

First,  is the super hornet or the normal hornet with different guns? the two gatlings on each wing looked great as well as those two long guns on top as well as under the nose, I really want that and will hope its the normal hornet

Second, which 300 series is that? The firepower looks like nothing compared to the hornet in the trailer but as with all the 300 series its more look than power

Hey guys, I watched the hornet commerical with the hornet being chased by an aurora and then I think a 300 series.

First,  is the super hornet or the normal hornet with different guns? the two gatlings on each wing looked great as well as those two long guns on top as well as under the nose, I really want that and will hope its the normal hornet

Second, which 300 series is that? The firepower looks like nothing compared to the hornet in the trailer but as with all the 300 series its more look than power

In the video it showed off the top-of-the-line hornet a.k.a. Super Hornet like most companies do.  You can tell by the turret on the top yet you can always purchase that with UEC (the in-game currency).  Also in the video the 300 series you saw was most likely the 325a or at least a 300i outfitted with the 325a equivalent armaments.  

You are right about it is not about how good your firepower is but how good you are with your guns.  That is what Star Citizen is all about.  It is about building and fine tuning your ship to cater to your needs so you don't need to have the most powerful ship but one that is best for you.  If your best is the most powerful than go for it but if you want to be stealthy then there is a updgrade path for you.  I hope this helps and see up there in the stars.

Updated ship list?

FM4LYtt.png

How does the ship list work?  Do we need to vote what ship we have or is it just through the Star Citizen website?  I am assuming that we don't only have 281 ships...  Can't wait to see a new count and I am happy that I can contribute!

How does the ship list work?  Do we need to vote what ship we have or is it just through the Star Citizen website?  I am assuming that we don't only have 281 ships...  Can't wait to see a new count and I am happy that I can contribute!

go to the chat room in the org page at the top there's a poll you can fill whit those questions