LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

Remember: vote for catcloud, and togheter we Shall blow up Linus like never before!

Wait why do you have an inflatable Linus ?!?!

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Didn´t you know? it´s part of being a Gold contributor, he sends them to us.

Well played Sir Well played.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

Hey guys, don't know if there is a better place for this, but I'm new to the forums and can't find where to get in contact with any of the divisions of LTT... as in, if I want to co-ordinate with other Mercenaries, Miners, Explorers, etc, where might I be able to contact them? 

Also, assuming these divisions take their directives from the council and I want to take part in piracy during the maybe 5-10 hours of free time I have each week once this is out, is anything set in place to serve as kind of a "bulletin board" for me to look for jobs?

I realize its super early on, but I'm way too excited for this game.

I'm not sure that all of those divisions have been set up yet. seeing as it's still such early days.

Ok thanks.  I guess I'll just sit here brooding over the possibilities in my mind... for the next year and a half

Ok thanks.  I guess I'll just sit here brooding over the possibilities in my mind... for the next year and a half

Don't brood the entire time, you'll be able to practice your dog fighting soon :D

I can be a kamikaze pilot or a dancer at the mailbox at our home base.

Btw in the demo the game didn't look all that great and people are starting to say there are other projects out there that are similar and better.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Btw in the demo the game didn't look all that great and people are starting to say there are other projects out there that are similar and better.

who are this "people"? and what other "projects" ? i have seen a few other Space ship games and i can tell you, no they dont look better. most of them were flashing one single feature so hard that i was wondering if there was anything else in the game, i ended up ignoring them.

Also what "demo" ?

Council will be voted in, as said before. However, i feel like a year might be  a bit too long? We'll see how it goes, votes might be every few months as opposed to per year

Every few months sounds about right to me, a year is way too long in game.

Ok Want to get this out of my head, figured it might help some of you guys. I do appologies, as these are thoughts from my head and may not be useful to everyone and might be a bit odd.

Ok having seen the DFM and interviews with chris and team at pax, I have started thinking a lot about flight mechanics, and control.

GIven that strafing up/down, left/right, as well as pitch, yaw, roll, and thrust. That's six vectors of movement Keyboard and mouse are gonna have issues with that, as keyboards are on/off only and that doesn't really let you have alot of control over percentages.  Game controlers are going to have an issue as while they have two joysticks with gratient control the other buttons are all on/off options, also the number of inputs are very limited otherwise, thus needing either shift keys, as they had them at pax, or complicated multi button press commanders that will be harder to press in the heat of battle. Flight sticks with keyboards with have better option, HOTAS setups are gonna probably the way to go for full use of the options of the controls avalible.

Take either the X-52 pro or the X-55 as an example, both will be able to handle pitch, roll, and yaw with the flightstick, The throttle will handle thrust and the fact that both have rotary buttons, should allow us to map strafing to them, to allow us to control all 6 vectors at the same time. sadly it does not look like many other setups offer this so another option will have to be looked at, maybe a hat switch, though then you are again looking at a strictly on/off solution.

ok so having said all of they, why would we want that. The ability to add aditional thrust in a strafing maner ie adding just thrust to the left of your ship can influence how you are already turning and can add an additional factor someone trying to shoot at you will have to consider when firing. in non combat situations being able to go a bit to the left and up without turning your ship will allow for much better precision when landing, or searching debris fields or asteriods.

anyway, comments, thoughts questions?

Hey guys, don't know if there is a better place for this, but I'm new to the forums and can't find where to get in contact with any of the divisions of LTT... as in, if I want to co-ordinate with other Mercenaries, Miners, Explorers, etc, where might I be able to contact them? 

Also, assuming these divisions take their directives from the council and I want to take part in piracy during the maybe 5-10 hours of free time I have each week once this is out, is anything set in place to serve as kind of a "bulletin board" for me to look for jobs?

The councils and groups haven't been set up yet, a little to fast on the gun there haha. I would say once the DFM is out and there is more customisability in the organisation module we should be in a better state to start confirming things, until then keep planning what/who you want to be.

who are this "people"? and what other "projects" ? i have seen a few other Space ship games and i can tell you, no they dont look better. most of them were flashing one single feature so hard that i was wondering if there was anything else in the game, i ended up ignoring them.

Also what "demo" ?

I think the demo here could apply to either the Hangar module or even what has been seen of the DFM. In both cases I agree that there are other games out there that might be better... as it stands. However these are just small parts of Star Citizen as a whole and are unfinished due to the early modular release/transparent development of the game. So yes there are inevitably space flight sims that are or will be better and free roaming things that look like a hangar that are better, even the FPS element will have better alternatives however what we are excited for is the combination of all of these things seamlessly, creating as close to a futuristic space faring reality as we can.

I think it is important for us to remember what the Alpha, Beta and release stages are. and then to realise we are in a very early basically pre-alpha state at the moment. 

- Wall of text -

The only way to figure all the controller stuff out is to use it, see what you need, map it and then lose the rest or find some system of presets. there did seem to be modes on the ships though for some of the maneuvers so maybe that is the way they will allow those mappings.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Council will be voted in, as said before. However, i feel like a year might be a bit too long?

We'll see how it goes, votes might be every few months as opposed to per year

I was thinking 3-6 months but thought it would be to short and rather that doing them in bulk you vote a bunch of divisions one month and the next bunch the following month.

I'd love to be on the council but feel like I wouldn't have the timr for such a commitment (in game atleast)

If you have ideas spit them out, the debate can get heated but we are working out the creases which is why we haven't divided yet.

Don't upset @CatCloud!

I suggest you go back and play some old CR games and see what effort he puts into his games, just remember that it's still pre-alpha and you can't really tell what a game is like till a late beta and people seem to forget the definition of alpha.

-snip-

While it might be true that people with even a simple HOTAS may have an advantage in maneuverability over people that just have a KB&M, my thought on the matter is that that may not be as significant as it might appear. Firstly, CIG has stated that they will balance it as much as possible for different input methods. How that exactly translates to an in-game experience isn't known yet, but those people are creative and will probably find a good way, and the community will tell if they don't have it good enough yet.

Secondly, this game is gonna be huge, and there's a large variety of things you can do. If you don't want to invest into flying yourself, be part of a multi-crew ship and let someone else be the helmsman. While in SQ42 it's probably mandatory to fly yourself, SQ42 as a whole is not a mandatory part of the game.

Personally, I would advise to take a wait-and-see approach. The DFM will be the first time we'll get to fly our ships and we'll be able to tell CIG what we think about it, and it'll be at least a year before it starts to matter. And then, even if you think the KB controls suck no matter what they do, you won't need to invest in something as elite as an X52 or X55 HOTAS. If you're on a budget, the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X is an inexpensive, yet sturdy set, and should be adequate for almost anything in SC. For more info, this video here goes through a number of HOTASes in different price ranges; definitely worth a watch.

@rucdoc the manoeuvres that you would do require either full throttle of say your roll or strafe.

For example (if the engines have the ability of gimbal) you could strafe upwards (fully) and pitch down (50%), you'd roll nose down much tighter than just pitching at 50%, if you strafe at 50% and pitch down fully the effect is the same (if I've calculated correctly). FYI this is a good manouvre if your playing chicken with someone and you can end up on their tail.

The only advantages of full strafe would be VTOL

@rucdoc the manoeuvres that you would do require either full throttle of say your roll or strafe. For example (if the engines have the ability of gimbal) you could strafe upwards (fully) and pitch down (50%), you'd roll nose down much tighter than just pitching at 50%, if you strafe at 50% and pitch down fully the effect is the same (if I've calculated correctly). FYI this is a good manouvre if your playing chicken with someone and you can end up on their tail. The only advantages of full strafe would be VTOL

I think that all, or most of, the ships will have to have VTOL.

Depending on how powerful the thrusters while under the influence of gravity and atmospheric conditions you can use them as vtol engines and bearing in mind that these ships won't use planets sphere of influence to fly that means they are powerful.

@Joe4evr I have seen said video, it's a good watch, and he deserved the focus he got from CIG for his vid series, and I don't mean to attack any one control type. I was mearly writing down the thoughts that were flowing thru my head at the time. I still feel that a keyboard a mouse will be at a disadvantage due to the on off nature of the input's I do not think everyone will want or need a stick or hotas to fly.

@rentaspoon I disagree about the amount of thrust needed on manuvers. but we won't know until we can use them in game, but I still think a scalable input is best for any kind of thrust.

@rentaspoon I disagree about the amount of thrust needed on manuvers. but we won't know until we can use them in game, but I still think a scalable input is best for any kind of thrust.

What exactly do you disagree on? That was just a rough example to be honest and I'm hopeful you can lock your thrust in one position so I can "drift" around space stations.. right I've decided I'm the officail UOLTT stunt pilot

(We will have to see what the SC HOTAS brings)

What exactly do you disagree on? That was just a rough example to be honest and I'm hopeful you can lock your thrust in one position so I can "drift" around space stations.. right I've decided I'm the officail UOLTT stunt pilot(We will have to see what the SC HOTAS brings)

We need a UOLTT equivalent to the Red Arrows.

I think that being able to increase or decrease the power on everything will be VERY useful, an analogue input will be great, a straight 1/0 won't be great.

We need a UOLTT equivalent to the Red Arrows.

I think that being able to increase or decrease the power on everything will be VERY useful, an analogue input will be great, a straight 1/0 won't be great.

UOLTT Red Arrows would be so freaking cool.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

UOLTT Red Arrows would be so freaking cool.

We should call them the Orange Arrows.

Purple Pineapples... 

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx