UK gov't proposes additional internet censorship rules against "online harms"; fines for non-compliance

Delicieuxz
2 minutes ago, poochyena said:

completely irrelevant since that is something caused by your actions that you are aware of. I'm specifically referring to instances that you are unaware of.

Not really all that irrelevant. It's a bit different, but it's idiotic along the same lines.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

4 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

Not really all that irrelevant. It's a bit different, but it's idiotic along the same lines.

not at all. Housing standards exist for a reason, its to keep people safe, whether it be the home owner, visitors (welcome or not), and emergency crews (don't want an EMT to break a leg while trying to get into your house to save you). It doesn't matter who the person that gets hurt is, if you create an unsafe environment, you will be responsible.

Just now, poochyena said:

not at all. Housing standards exist for a reason, its to keep people safe, whether it be the home owner, visitors (welcome or not), and emergency crews (don't want an EMT to break a leg while trying to get into your house to save you). It doesn't matter who the person that gets hurt is, if you create an unsafe environment, you will be responsible.

Someone in the act of committing a crime should have no legal recourse against the person/entity that the crime is being committed against. Anything else is idiotic.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

13 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

Someone in the act of committing a crime should have no legal recourse against the person/entity that the crime is being committed against.

why not? Someone's rights shouldn't be taken away just because they are a criminal.

3 minutes ago, poochyena said:

why not? Someone's rights shouldn't be taken away just because they are a criminal.

How is what the UK is doing stupid (which it is, I don't disagree on that point) and someone getting sued by someone who traspasses his property without his knowledge whilst committing a crime not stupid on the same level??? O.o

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

14 minutes ago, poochyena said:

Someone's rights yes. The right to sue someone who's negligence caused you injury when you were somewhere you shouldn't be attempting to do something illegal, no. That right should be waived as soon as you attempt to break into that person's house -- just like how evidence gathered through illegal means (by police/investigative branch) is not valid.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

How is what the UK is doing stupid (which it is, I don't disagree on that point) and someone getting sued by someone who traspasses his property without his knowledge whilst committing a crime not stupid on the same level???

Whether a crime is being committed or not is irrelevant. I already explained why housing standards exist.

10 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

The right to sue someone who's negligence caused you injury when you were somewhere you shouldn't be attempting to do something illegal, no.

negligence that causes an injury is illegal, but you are saying illegal actions should be legal as long as the action is towards a criminal?

1 minute ago, Mr. horse said:

OH, hi Mr robber, oh you want to kill me to steel my stuff, OK shoot me, fighting back might hurt you and volatile your rights. ?

You need to work on your english.

6 minutes ago, poochyena said:

Whether a crime is being committed or not is irrelevant. I already explained why housing standards exist.

negligence that causes an injury is illegal, but you are saying illegal actions should be legal as long as the action is towards a criminal?

You need to work on your english.

And trespassing is also a crime

The guy gets injured at his own risk and the owner shouldn't bear no burden because of it.

Housing standard exist and if it's anything similar to here in Italy only come forth during design and project of the house in order to get approval from the governing body to carry on with the construction/renovation and eventually getting released to the market.

By your definition if someone traspasses someone else's house, without the knowledge of the owner, and end up getting attacked by let's say a dog (common case), the dog should be put down and the owner bare all medical expenses because reasons 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

15 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

By your definition if someone traspasses someone else's house, without the knowledge of the owner, and end up getting attacked by let's say a dog (common case), the dog should be put down and the owner bare all medical expenses because reasons 

Also how it works (or at least used to) in some states.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

The guy gets injured at his own risk and the owner shouldn't bear no burden because of it.

Lets say person A is illegally standing in the road. Person B is traveling at 90mph in a 45mph zone. Person B hits person A with the car. Should Person B face no fines for speeding and driving recklessly?

19 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

The answer to your question is the same whether the person is trespassing or not.

23 minutes ago, poochyena said:

Lets say person A is illegally standing in the road. Person B is traveling at 90mph in a 45mph zone. Person B hits person A with the car. Should Person B face no fines for speeding and driving recklessly?

The analogy doesn't compare. Person A wasn't doing anything illegal where B was the target of the illegal action.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

And trespassing is also a crime

Housing standard exist and if it's anything similar to here in Italy only come forth during design and project of the house in order to get approval from the governing body to carry on with the construction/renovation and eventually getting released to the market.

43 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

The analogy doesn't compare. Person A wasn't doing anything illegal where B was the target of the illegal action.

guuuuys, guuuuuuys, stop feeding the troll. it loves being in this position in an argument

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

6 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

I agree with some of the stuff they are trying to protect against but I am a bit baffled that they need a new law to fight against content that is clearly illegal. 

I agree here, I think people need to recognize that the internet isn’t the same place it was around 10 years ago, all these claims of illegal or harmful content do exist, and cyber bullying can be difficult to walk away from, it’s hard in this day and age to just turn off your phone, when we use them for so many things. 

I think it was a while ago the British Government hired experts or something to consult about these issues, so this is probably a result of that. 

Its a tricky issue to try and deal with it, when we really wouldn’t know where to begin, that’s the reality. 

1 hour ago, 79wjd said:

Person A wasn't doing anything illegal

"person A is illegally standing in the road."

10 minutes ago, poochyena said:

"person A is illegally standing in the road."

Ducks are also animals.

You can't willfully choose to ignore context because it doesn't fit the narrative. Try quoting the entire sentence and not pulling out an irelevant snippet.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

45 minutes ago, Noctus said:

guuuuys, guuuuuuys, stop feeding the troll. it loves being in this position in an argument

Yeah, I'm done.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

If they really want to pass this then they have to pass similar laws covering service providers.

For example why should it be Facebook's responsibility if I message someone on that platform but not Vodafone's if I send the same person a text message via my phone?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Messy laws to govern a messy internet.  They are just trying to treat it like tv and have the same laws apply.  but the internet is a two way communication device.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

UK government needs to do something useful with tax payers money. This is not something useful.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

26 minutes ago, sof006 said:

UK government needs to do something useful with tax payers money. This is not something useful.

I'd argue this is VERY useful.......

at getting them re-elected because "for the (insert perceived defenseless group here)" is not something you want to go against when it can bite you during election time :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

17 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Illegal and unacceptable content and activity is widespread online, and UK users are concerned about what they see and experience on the internet

Get rid of the media then

✨FNIGE✨

why do people seam to think that the internet should not be policed....do you think that we should abolish actual police?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

14 hours ago, poochyena said:

The answer to your question is the same whether the person is trespassing or not.

The road...

14 hours ago, Noctus said:

Yeah was about to respond on his road example. Not worth it

TBH I am kind of amazed that they have the time and energy to propose anything considering how exhausting their Brexit talks are xD

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones