Gamers win, Swatters lose

In a not-so-stunning twist, a serial 'Swatter' has been sentenced to 20 years in federal prison. He has been connected to at least 17 incidents of Swatting.":Tyler Rai Barriss pleaded guilty in November to a total of 51 charges "

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/serial-swatter-tyler-barriss-sentenced-20-years-death-kansas-man-n978291 

sentenced to death? 

i don't know what swatting is but it must be serious... 

She/Her

5 minutes ago, Squ1rtlePWN said:

In a not-so-stunning twist, a serial 'Swatter' has been sentenced to death. He has been connected to at least 17 incidents of Swatting.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/serial-swatter-tyler-barriss-sentenced-20-years-death-kansas-man-n978291 

From the article

Barriss agreed to serve 20 to 25 years in federal prison as part of a plea agreement, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Central District of Los Angeles.

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

Just now, Tundral said:

From the article

sentenced to death my ass, thanks for doing what OP didn't and pulling a quote from an article.

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

i don't know what swatting is but it must be serious... 

calling a swat team on a streamer, usually under the guise of a suspected bomb threat or shooting, to mess with them (it's pretty serious, some people have died getting swatted)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

calling a swat team on a streamer, usually under the guise of a suspected bomb threat or shooting, to mess with them (it's pretty serious, some people have died getting swatted)

omg really? that's horrible... 

She/Her

blog post material etc.

A girl who loves to love.

2 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

get you as are in danger because of the precious 2nd amendment

The second amendment has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, PacketMan said:

Sentenced to death? I didn't read that

Anyway, cops are guilty too:

Why do US cops always shoot that easily?? WTF, I get you as are in danger because of the precious 2nd amendment, but this is...

Only a tiny percentage of police incidents end in deadly force, and if the police get a call that someone is murdering people or has them hostage they're going to be on edge going into the situation.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Why do US cops always shoot that easily?? WTF, I get you as are in danger because of the precious 2nd amendment, but this is...

Because the Academy teaches them they are better than citizens, that all citizens are liars, crooks, cheats and nefarious.  To treat citizens like lessers.

As a combatives instructor who works with law enforcement it makes me sick to the bone.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Then why do US cops pull their guns out so easily? Can't find any other reason

...he claimed he had fatally shot his father and was holding the rest of the family hostage.

If SWAT thinks he shot and killed someone already then they'll be on high fucking alert, and dropping your hands (especially near your waist) will get you shot quick.

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Only a tiny percentage of police incidents end in deadly force, and if the police get a call that someone is murdering people or has them hostage they're going to be on edge going into the situation.

And then they are expected to shoot on unarmed citizens? Staying lucid under pressure is part of their training 

2 hours ago, PacketMan said:

They were called over a claim of:

suspected bomb threat or shooting,

so, the natural reaction woulf be to stop the threat.

And it's not like Criminals obey gun laws anyway, so yes, 2A is completely irrelevant to this conversation.

Edited by Drak3
Broken forum is broken. Shocking.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Probably because they're taught that their main job is to go into dangerous situations with the readiness to protect their lives and others, which gives them a bit of a hero complex and elevates their fight or flight responses.

There's actually a huge problem with police training in the United States, whenever I've heard an experienced officer talk about police academy they often cite the erroneous training used, and how it often gets people killed.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

Because if shit has to go down, they want to come home alive, just like the rest of us.

To get the SWAT team to your house like that, you'd have to be accused of some incredibly serious shit, and it's not funny at all when people do that shit.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

it would be too much punishment for just pranks

There was a case of some teens throwing really heavy rocks down to a highway from a bridge above and a dude died because he was fatally hit by one of the rocks. Do you think life in prison / death sentence would be too harsh for that too.

I think life in prison would be fitting for a person that doesn't understand at 28 years old that swatting is a serious offense that could easily end up in someone killed.

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

I answered you - I work with law enforcement.  Its sad tbh. 

Now I also work with law enforcement in the aspect of - YOU MUST GO HOME EACH NIGHT TO YOUR FAMILY.  So doing what it takes is a thing I teach.  Because as a citizen who is well equipped - I WILL MAKE IT HOME regardless of the situation.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

OP you misread the headline. It's not sentenced to death, it's sentenced to 20 years for the death of someone else. Entirely different.

Personally, I'm glad he's getting a heavy punishment. 17 similar incidents by the same person shows a pattern that shouldn't be ignored.

6 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

They're not really guilty, if I recall correctly he reached into his waistband and the officers fired. If you come out of your house, and see officers surrounding you telling you to put your hands up, you do not put your hands anywhere but up. Simple.

4 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

Even if he was convicted to death, it would be too much punishment for just pranks

Even if it ends in a fatal shooting, a prank should be punished with death.

I don't think he aimed for the gamers being killed

No, it's not. He caused a death due to his careless actions, and that deserves a severe punishment. If that was the first time, then perhaps that's harsh, but 17 times?

He has a lifetime sentence coming. Plain and simple. You don't call a SWAT team on someone expecting nice things, especially when you tell them that you (as in person he's calling it on) have killed people or intend to cause bodily harm. You can't seriously be that daft.

Because of the state the US is in. There's massive gun violence, and as a result, they approach every situation with a greater sense of awareness.

In this particular incident, they were told someone had or was going to injure people. So, guns drawn to react appropriately to the threat.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

There's massive gun violence

For most of the US, that's not true.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, PacketMan said:

Just like the suspect that ends up being innocent but anyway murderer?

I can't understand why do you guys defend the excessive force used by cops in most situation in the US, maybe because I'm European and we don't have the gun, shootings, etc problem, but I don't think that's the way to act

This thread is becoming a lot more political than I thought it would be

Yeah, that's because European police forces are too busy jailing people for making dumb jokes on Twitter.

Excessive force with police here isn't common at all, but when you call SWAT on, say, someone allegedly plotting a bomb threat, they're going to act with force. Should they? I dunno. I'm not going to say I know the solution to this problem, but there's a reason for it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

5 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

By killing in the act at the suspect? Is that how cops work there?

When SWAT is called in to deal with something like a hostage situation, they're ready to shoot. It didn't help that the suspect kept reaching near his waist.

Change the title man, this isn't funny. It's a tragic situation. I'm glad the guy is going to jail but with an innocent man being killed and his niece committing suicide from grief, any joking is incredibly inappropriate.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

15 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

And then they are expected to shoot on unarmed citizens? Staying lucid under pressure is part of their training 

The citizen was considered armed and dangerous, also a possible treat to others in the building.

so the officers could not let him leave the door way, and him lowering his arms is the same general action to grab a concealed weapon. 

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I remember this dumbass.

He caused a unrelated person’s death because of his crap. Should be a death sentence if you asked me. The guy is a repeat offender and even bragged while in prison when one of the prison computers glitched up and allowed him on the internet during his imprisonment 

15 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

For most of the US, that's not true.

I don't believe I narrowed it down to certain areas. As a whole, the US has a lot of gun violence. This has been proven time and again.

In the US, it's incredibly easy to acquire a firearm, and thus, there's more firearm related violence.

8 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

I didn't meant the guy didn't deserve a severe punishment, I think those 20-25 years are more than enough, I meant that death sentence for a shitty prank that no one would laugh with would be excessive

That's what I'm saying, people keep denying US have a problem with massive gun violence, and I get that cops are a bit more stressed because anyone could have a weapon, but there should be better ways to deal with this stuff than opening fire that easily

Why do you say easily? Do you think they just took the decision to open fire lightly? Highly unlikely. As stated in the article, he raised and lowered his hands several times before they opened fire (it's been a while since I've seen the video). I believe the whole time they were shouting for him to keep them up. Lowering them goes directly against their commands. They gave him several chances. In a possible hostage situation when you've removed the hostage taker from the environment, you don't give unlimited chances.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red