Water Cooling Asus GTX1660ti OC O6G 6gb

Go to solution Solved by Xkillerpn,

71C is fine, if you really need less noise just get a Accelero 2 from artic, the accelero 4 will be overkill on that card

Anybody knows any water cooling solution for the Asus GTX1660ti OC O6G 6gb. All in one solutions, cpu to Gpu bracket usage and so on that it works. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, if you whant to just use a gpu block you dont need a full cover block, those vrm wont get hot at all. You wont gain anything with the water on that card. 

Why not just buy a better card though? 

If you just don't care and really want to shove an AIO on it then the Kraken G12 probably does it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Xkillerpn said:

Hi, if you whant to just use a gpu block you dont need a full cover block, those vrm wont get hot at all. You wont gain anything with the water on that card. 

i just bought the card and played the witcher 3 wild hunt ultra setting in 1920 and seems to be coming to 71C at half hour gaming. I usually play long periods of time so in a precautious manner i try to figure out some celcious improvements for the future. From what you say i figure out that a Cpu to Gpu solution will do the work i want? even without covering the memories right?

71C is fine, if you really need less noise just get a Accelero 2 from artic, the accelero 4 will be overkill on that card

1 minute ago, chriskarsd said:

i just bought the card and played the witcher 3 wild hunt ultra setting in 1920 and seems to be coming to 71C at half hour gaming. I usually play long periods of time so in a precautious manner i try to figure out some celcious improvements for the future. From what you say i figure out that a Cpu to Gpu solution will do the work i want? even without covering the memories right?

71C is not really hot though. If you want it to be a bit cooler there are maybe things in your case that you can do to drop a couple of degrees. What case do you have, how is the fan setup and how is your PSU oriented?

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Why not just buy a better card though? 

If you just don't care and really want to shove an AIO on it then the Kraken G12 probably does it

thx for the reply...but as you know the card is 1 week bought....with 350 euros....and does cover my gaming needs. I dont look only the framerates, i do look the power consumption too....Nobody does that....only when they see their bills!!!! That was the main reason i bought his one and not RTX 2060 or RTX2070!

For the kraken suggestion thx i will search for it.

2 minutes ago, chriskarsd said:

thx for the reply...but as you know the card is 1 week bought....with 350 euros....and does cover my gaming needs. I dont look only the framerates, i do look the power consumption too....Nobody does that....only when they see their bills!!!! That was the main reason i bought his one and not RTX 2060 or RTX2070!

For the kraken suggestion thx i will search for it.

So you care about power use and want to use more power to keep the card cooler? Wut

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

So lets ignore going with watercooling will probably bring you closer to just owning a 2060 anyway.

1660Ti reccomends 450W PSU, lets say in worst case scenario, 8 hours a day average at 100% load at .30c/kWh, that is 32.85/m and 394 a year.

vs a 2060 at 500W, same situation, 8 hours a day at full system load. 36.50/m and 438 a year.

You really aren't saving much by chosing the 1660Ti over the 2060. you bought the card and it does what you need. However the .30 I was using is way on the high side depending on where you live.

in my area its .11 per kWh, so the 500W system would be 13.45 a month, and 161 per year. If you really live in an area where electricity is that expensive, it might be more worth it to move rather than argue a lesser GPU having better power consumption. 50W isn't anything to argue.

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

So you care about power use and want to use more power to keep the card cooler? Wut

i believe the main question was as straight as it could be and that it was "if there is a water cooling solution for the card". i appreciated your proposal of kraken g12 is already asked in the nzxt for answer. Everything else is discussion over discussion because you cannot know what i want to achieve or what i am currently thinking for my pc system.

I just wanted a more knowledgeable person in the matter to help me in that question becuse google couldnt. propably not yet due to the fact the card just hit the market. You dont even know if i will remove all my hdds for sdds for lowering the consumption more. i may already have a custom water cooler for cpu and want to use that on the gpu comparing it with the one you will suggest me.What i mean is that there are many more parameters hidden, that is why i asked a specific question. Every comment was welcomed and maybe my english are not that good to express my thx for the answers.