Whats your take on the PETA v.s Steve Irwin debacle?

Salv8 (sam)

before we even start, please stay within the community standards!

don't be a dickhead and attack someone just because they have a different opinion then you.

you can say your honest opinion and comment on other's opinions, anyone attacking others over their opinion will be reported for harassment.

it's that simple...

anyways, whats your take on the situation?

(for those who don't know here is a tl;dr of the entire crapfest: https://thewest.com.au/news/animals/peta-slammed-after-targeting-crocodile-hunter-steve-irwin-on-social-media-ng-b881116497z )

my personal opinion is this:

the dude opened a zoo/animal hospital that only takes in injured animals and keeps them until they are ready to be released, if they can't be released due to catastrophic injury (lost leg etc.) they will be kept and given prosthetic's to ensure that their life is best as it can be. he also frequently risked his life for them during fires, floods and other catastrophic environmental events that could lead to them dying or being injured badly. (yes this does mean magpies, Steve is the only recorded Australian in Australian history to not be scared of the Australian magpie) his children and wife are carrying on his work helping out animals in need.

PETA during this time has done one this that made them news worthy: killing innocent puppies...

PETA has been around since the 80's, Steve has done more in his 20 years of service then PETA's ALMOST 30 YEARS OF SERVICE.

and apparently PETA decides that it's a good idea to denounce him publicly for just doing it for the fame...

the second every single Australian heard about this they went to PETA's HQ and said this: "YOU FUCKEN WOT MATE!?!?! YOU FUCKEN WANNA GO 'GAINST THE ONLY MAN BRAVE ENOUGH TO TAKE ON THE FUCKEN MAGPIE!?!?! YOU FUCKEN COCKSUCKER! YOU DON'T DESERVE TO HELP ANIMALS WITH THAT ATTITUDE YOU FUCKWITS!!!!"

i grew up watching that lovable man. he didn't do it for the fame, he got the chance for a camera crew to tag along on his adventures helping animals, he had the chance to tell others about how awesome animals can be, and he fucken took it and he used it as much as he could for that exact reason. helping animals. if i could ask him why he said yes to the first time of a camera crew following him and recording his adventures he'd say this:

"ahh fuck the fame, i wanna teach the world how awesome animals fucken are"

he died doing what he loved, and for a organisation like PETA to do something like this is unacceptable.

cause honestly, south parts interpretation of them is correct. and it shouldn't be at all:

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

28 minutes ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

(yes this does mean magpies, Steve is the only recorded Australian in Australian history to not be scared of the Australian magpie)

Eh... Magpies are pretty intelligent birds and can recognise people and will remember if they are a threat or not. Sure, they get territorial when they're protecting their chicks, but if the bird is familiar with you and doesn't consider you a threat then it will leave you alone. Lots of trees in my area, always plenty of magpies. Never been bothered by them. However... Go to a different suburb where the magpies don't know you? Better wear an ice cream tub.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Peta are the only organisation that can get away with shit like this because either they can't go any lower for you or they are speaking the utmost truth in your eyes. 

They literally steal animals to kill them, it is insane that they are allowed to be around

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

no offence but i find the world "debacle" in the title usually drives me away. i just don't like these feuds, or dramas as cool kids call it nowadays.

my stance? i dont know who steve irwin is, and i respect animal right.

i dont wear leather, i not a fan of keeping pets. i hate excessive animal exploitation, like havesting rhino horn or tiger bone for mysterious remedies. all in all, animals should stay in their natural habitats and we should not disrupt them.

and i think peta makes us who care about animal right looks like clowns.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

I don't think anyone out there loved animals more than Steve Irwin.  He was probably the most friendly genuine kind hearted person.  I think PETA is just desperate for attention again.  They have no morals.  They would rather see animals dead than in captivity.

Deleted by poster.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Steve Irwin had a very unique and respective view of animals. His vet clinic is one of the few in the region that has the expertise to treat such a wide variety of animals, and his zoo keeps very good care of the animals there. He has done much more for the protection of animal welfare than PETA have ever done. Absolutely loved the guy. It's all about raising awareness of the animals out there, what they can do and how/if to approach them etc - education is the best tool when it comes to any topic. 

Shame on PETA for going after a guy who can't defend himself, absolutely disgraceful behaviour. 

My opinion?

For an "organization" that strives on animal preservation, they really dug their own hole this time.

For someone as iconic as Steve Irwin, who fought aggressively for animal preservation, to get insulted by an organization that shares the same values is ridiculous to me.

I look at it as a media tactic for them to be in the "spotlight" again.

It's a lot better to speak about the dead who can't reply than to speak about the living.

I feel for Steve's family who have fought so hard to keep his legacy and his values of preservation alive. I imagine this would be a big kick in the guts.

Steve Irwin probably did more good for wildlife awareness and safeguard, than PETA ever did in their entire existence.  Fuck them.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Couldn't care less tbh

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Fuck PETA, but i will say this:  I grew up in Australia watching Steve Irwin messing with dangerous animals on camera for entertainment and awareness purposes, i always remember thinking to myself that a croc or snake is going to kill him some day, turns out trying to hitch a ride on a stingray was what finally did it.  Not trying to shit on the Irwin legacy or anything but people seem to get too defensive when you say that maybe he shouldn't have been doing that with the stingray ? 

I just hope the same fate doesn't fall on his kids as they try to adopt his persona and brand recognition.