Ryzen 7 2700x AIO

ColdTime

Hi, i have ryzen 7 2700x with stock cooler, but this cooler is like very loud for me when it’s at full load, and overall it’s too loud for me. So now i want to get an AIO cooler and i have like 4 options: Corsair h150i, kraken x72, corsair h115i, kraken x62. The most important thing to me is actually noise, because temperatures are very similar in all of them, i heard that the Corsair h150i is very quiet, but some say kraken x72 is the quietest, what do you think, your experiences, which is the quietest?

They use the same pump, so the noise there will not be different. The corsair model is arguably quieter due to the mag lev fans that it uses. All of the options you listed should perform very well though, I'd get whichever is cheaper or whichever you like the look of more.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

If you want noise control, there's a company called be quiet! that you might be interested in.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.newegg.com/amp/products/13C-001F-00004

Or noctua, if you don't mind brown.

Overall, a water cooler isn't so great for value, so unless you really really like the look of a water cooler then I don't recommend it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

22 minutes ago, ColdTime said:

Hi, i have ryzen 7 2700x with stock cooler, but this cooler is like very loud for me when it’s at full load, and overall it’s too loud for me. So now i want to get an AIO cooler and i have like 4 options: Corsair h150i, kraken x72, corsair h115i, kraken x62. The most important thing to me is actually noise, because temperatures are very similar in all of them, i heard that the Corsair h150i is very quiet, but some say kraken x72 is the quietest, what do you think, your experiences, which is the quietest?

They are all a good choice, which ever you get, replace the fans with Corsair ML Pro, excellent fast and quiet fans 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

18 hours ago, ColdTime said:

I have that chip and I have the H150i, its not silent but it is certainly very quite to me and my tower sits right beside me

Why do people say that air cooling is quieter? I have a D5 pump and I can't hear it at 40% PWM, which seems ideal for 1 CPU 1 RAD loop. Futhermore, a large radiator, for example 360 has 3 times the surface area of a 120 heat piped air cooler. Therefore 3 fans does the job of 1 fan so they can run at much lower speeds. Futhermore, since a rad is usually put where case fans go, you need less additional plain case fans making noise because some of the radiator fans do that work already.