EK get a water block.......... FOR A QUADRO K6000

brownninja97

FCQK6000_1200-850x566.jpg

Not really sure as to what the heck they were thinking, honestly i think this is a very bad move, few people/companies use this gpu and even fewer are going to be willing to buy a aftermarket water block.

The potential benefits however are that it will be cooler, a lot cooler, this monster has 12gb vram, it has 2880 cuda cores, it can render chuck norris in 4k. This cooler is a lot smaller then standard cooler and it doesnt make much noise(remember its a loop so there is a pump somewhere).

http://videocardz.com/48712/ek-announces-nvidia-quadro-k6000-water-block

What do you think about custom coolers for the quadro series of cards.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Damn...That sounds soo cool and sexy for a quadro card. 

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I agree. Bad business move. But they look nice. I like simplistic and EK does that very well.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I agree. Bad business move. But they look nice. I like simplistic and EK does that very well.

I agree, simplistic is the best. it just gets horrible when they put circles with EK all over it.

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

I suspect it's because they themselves needed it, perhaps some of them run with these cards in their workstations they use for modelling their products :)

Bit over the top but each to their own i guess, i think they will sell 5 at most.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

can render chuck norris in 4k.

This is, in fact, the greatest compliment of a GPU that I have ever read..

Anywhoo, if that waterblock only takes up a single slot, couldn't they technically fit more cards onto a board (if someone did something about the second DVI port taking up a second slot)??

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

I wouldnt risk voiding a warranty on a $5000 GPU

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

why would you watercool a workstation? i thought watercooling was done mostly for gaming...

That's a lie. Chuck Norris cannot be captured at 4K or at any known resolution. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

guys common, workstation gpus are the same PHYSICALLY as many gaming cards.

they just found a waterblock that fitted on the k6000 and added it to the compatibility list, they didn t custom design a cooler for it.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

they just found a waterblock that fitted on the k6000 and added it to the compatibility list, they didn t custom design a cooler for it.

I saw a thread somewhere on another forum that said 6xx series cards (I think 680 specifically) can be converted to a quadro by minor hardware modifications and flashing the BIOS

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

They all use GK110 cores which are physically the same, yes, but let's not confuse GPUs with graphics cards.  Water blocks are designed to fit graphics cards, and the PCB layout for the K6000 is entirely different from the Titan/780/Ti.  GTX 780 water blocks wouldn't fit, they had to design a new block for this.

Could be an apprentices work, for practising purposes ...

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I think its also most likely for their own cards, but don't forget there are a lot of companies which use these cards and cooling is important to them, and they all buy in batch. Imagine Pixar needing some new workstations with these GPU's and just buying 200 of these blocks. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

it can render chuck norris in 4k.

Chuck-Norris-Tuesday-8.jpg

OT: for 121.95 euros... does anyone even OC that card? better yet, does that card hit thermal limit yet?

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

why would you watercool a workstation? i thought watercooling was done mostly for gaming...

What if some gamers ends college as an arquitechs? haha

Chuck-Norris-Tuesday-8.jpg

OT: for 121.95 euros... does anyone even OC that card? better yet, does that card hit thermal limit yet?

Nobody will OC a workstation card that expensive.

They are supposed to hold long without failing and overclocking it would risk failing in a render.

And somebody that needs a $5000 card has 100% no space for a fail.

This card is build for people that make CGI in movies like Monster Inc. or Transformers.

RTX2070OC 

Nobody will OC a workstation card that expensive.

They are supposed to hold long without failing and overclocking it would risk failing in a render.

And somebody that needs a $5000 card has 100% no space for a fail.

This card is build for people that make CGI in movies like Monster Inc. or Transformers.

yup, it was a rhetorical question - pretty much saying why do they even do this :P

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

yup, it was a rhetorical question - pretty much saying why do they even do this :P

Water cooling will hold the card so cool that the risk of fail gets even lower.

So it does make sense and it's also better for rooms with a lot of PCs in it so the room temp doesn't get that high.

And it reduces noise.

RTX2070OC 

I guess if you can afford a card that good for professional use, water cooling it might be a pretty good idea. (It'll run cooler and quieter as said above.)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

So it does make sense and it's also better for rooms with a lot of PCs in it so the room temp doesn't get that high.

That isn't how it works... The water block just removes heat from the GPU core; where do you think that heat goes? Only if the radiator was outside the room would the room temps be lower.

Otherwise, your other two reasons, noise and cooler card, are basically why someone would do this.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I like it that EK have done this. There may only be one person in the world who would want to watercool their monster of a GPU. Good on you EK. It may be a bad business move and have cost a fair bit in R&D, but if that small minority wants to, they can. I really like that about EK. They make waterblocks for everything. I don't see how it's a horrible thing to do. There are companies that make LN2 pots for everything, and how many people on this earth have the time (or money for that matter) to do LN2 OCing? But you know, people make that shit. :D

I love EK for this. +10 respect

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I dont see it as a waste. Cooler temps can only make the card more stable. The only problem I see is having the custom loop running for as long as the card is along with custom loop maintenance and things like leaks happening during a render. I know that leaks are very rare but when you are doing things with a $5000 card you may not want them to have any possibilty of failure (they are important to not screw up). Otherwise I think its cool... hehe... ok...