Case's window panel too much heat?

Wr0ngEnemy_

I have MS Dark Shadow as my pc case and when i remove the window panel my temps are 10-25C lower but when i install that ,, tempered glass " whatever my temps rise from 40C to 60-70C (note that this happens with cpu and gpu)

28 minutes ago, Finnskii said:

You are not getting enough airflow into or out of the case, causing hot air produced by the CPU and GPU to stay inside.

What do you suggest for me to do then?

9 minutes ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

What do you suggest for me to do then?

Install fans to get airflow through the case and the temps should be dropping

11 minutes ago, erikeriok1 said:

Install fans to get airflow through the case and the temps should be dropping

i already have 3 front fans and one in the back i removed because of water cooling, is that the problem?

33 minutes ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

i already have 3 front fans and one in the back i removed because of water cooling, is that the problem?

You are relying on either positive pressure or negative pressure alone to clear heat from the case. Are the radiator fans on the exhaust or the intake?

A good positive pressure setup will have at least one exhaust fan near the primary heat source. 

If your GPU is air cooler then that could be heating up the air in the case.

Total up the CFM of your intakes and take the CFM of your exhausts from it. It’s a very rough calc but it should be sufficient. 

The CFM you actually intake and exhaust can be affected by rads, PSU orientation and GPU cooling type. Blower cards exhaust more than open fans.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

3 hours ago, NineEyeRon said:

You are relying on either positive pressure or negative pressure alone to clear heat from the case. Are the radiator fans on the exhaust or the intake?

A good positive pressure setup will have at least one exhaust fan near the primary heat source. 

If your GPU is air cooler then that could be heating up the air in the case.

Total up the CFM of your intakes and take the CFM of your exhausts from it. It’s a very rough calc but it should be sufficient. 

The CFM you actually intake and exhaust can be affected by rads, PSU orientation and GPU cooling type. Blower cards exhaust more than open fans.

Just to clear this out english is not my first language so i do not understand some words that you wrote but in my pc i have r9 380x with dual fans, 3 fans at the front panel that are blowing towards inside of pc and one fan at the back that is blowing trough the ,,radiator"

20 hours ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

Just to clear this out english is not my first language so i do not understand some words that you wrote but in my pc i have r9 380x with dual fans, 3 fans at the front panel that are blowing towards inside of pc and one fan at the back that is blowing trough the ,,radiator"

It's a problem with how your front fans are mounted. They are mounted too close to the front panel, which is preventing the fans from pulling in outside air.

If you mount your fans to the inside of the Case as shown below, you should see a decrease in temperatures because the fans are more effective. 

Related image

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

It's a problem with how your front fans are mounted. They are mounted too close to the front panel, which is preventing the fans from pulling in outside air.

If you mount your fans to the inside of the Case as shown below, you should see a decrease in temperatures because the fans are more effective. 

Related image

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Related image

so should my fans blow towards front panel or no? and i dont have that thing that your holding in ur hand like for dust i think

15 minutes ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

so should my fans blow towards front panel or no? and i dont have that thing that your holding in ur hand like for dust i think

Ignore that dust filter, the photo was just used as an example of how the fans shoudl be mounted.

Keep the fans blowing into the case, but just move the fans back into the inside of the case as shown above. This will allow the fans to operate better and should help with your temperatures.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

35 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Ignore that dust filter, the photo was just used as an example of how the fans shoudl be mounted.

Keep the fans blowing into the case, but just move the fans back into the inside of the case as shown above. This will allow the fans to operate better and should help with your temperatures.

I cant move them or it will break i tried

3 minutes ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

I cant move them or it will break i tried

You cant get the front panel off? Or you cant unscrew the fans?

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

You cant get the front panel off? Or you cant unscrew the fans?

i can unscrew the fans but i would have to take down half of pc

15 hours ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

i can unscrew the fans but i would have to take down half of pc

Do you have a radiator mounted to the front, or is that in the back where you said you removed the fan? maybe post a couple pictures of what your setup looks like. You shouldn't have to redo half of your PC. Like TV washere said, it'll work better with the fans mounted inside the case rather then mounted directly in front of the case.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build