Nvidia Said We Couldn't Game On This...

Reckon you could make a Parsec Machine with one? For example, use a hypervisor or set up a VM, ya could have a gaming machine to remote into easily from any location using one of these GPU's. 

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

According to the video, this is the original forum post that you want if you are looking to find the drivers:

Cant you just boot into diagnostic mode and disable driver signatures rather than powershelling it?

These cards could easily be repurposed as external Thunderbolt 3 GPUs for laptops. Most laptops that allow external graphics at all already support using them to run the internal display through what I have to assume is a similar method to what you guys are using here since it doesn't use any of the display outputs on the card. 

Why would you do this, when you can buy regular or mining RX 570 cards (with at least a DVI port) on eBay for as low as 90$ ?

You can probably solder a DVI connector from an older card, but most likely the card lacks some surface mount capacitors and resistors around the connector, so you could probably get it working by comparing the values with a reference card, or another card... but it's a lot of effort.

Then you'd probably have to flash the card with another bios, to get the output working.

Also, look at the heatsink, doesn't look good to me... seems like a cheaper extruded aluminum one with maybe a couple of heatpipes... not sure how such a card will work running games for loads of hours continuously... mining generally doesn't load the gpu as much as video games, it's more of a memory intensive thing (for some coins).

6 minutes ago, ajoy39 said:

These cards could easily be repurposed as external Thunderbolt 3 GPUs for laptops. Most laptops that allow external graphics at all already support using them to run the internal display through what I have to assume is a similar method to what you guys are using here since it doesn't use any of the display outputs on the card. 

I'm pretty sure this still won't be a way around it as you'll still have to install the GPU drivers from the external dock in most situations, therefore the same process would have to be used as in the video. 

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

What about having the card installed just to a VM? Windows 10 is supposed to have the VM "mode" now, I wonder if you could just install the drivers and restart the VM whenever you want to play a game? Not really great for a daily driver, I'm just curious if it'd work and prevent all keylogging or other problems.

5 minutes ago, FissionChip said:

What about having the card installed just to a VM? Windows 10 is supposed to have the VM "mode" now, I wonder if you could just install the drivers and restart the VM whenever you want to play a game? Not really great for a daily driver, I'm just curious if it'd work and prevent all keylogging or other problems.

It might work better if you used it for something like Parsec where you can remote into the machine and get almost native performance as well as a little delay in response time compared to most other methods. Imagine it for LAN gaming though, wouldn't notice a difference to using a full machine really. 

My Rig:

Don't completely discount it's use as a compute card, especially for distributed computing via Folding@Home and BOINC. I'll have to keep an eye out for some of these down the line.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

3 minutes ago, brandishwar said:

Don't completely discount it's use as a compute card, especially for distributed computing via Folding@Home and BOINC. I'll have to keep an eye out for some of these down the line.

I really like the idea of using these cards for F@H. 

I can't imagine any modern virus without also considering networking capability. I was thinking about Steam Linking into the PC with the GPU, but it doesn't protect you from whatever awfulness is in the drivers. In the early 2000s I remember everyone getting the same worm virus, and it sucked. That's why I was thinking VM, since it's more isolated, there's literally no network to infect.

Thats actually such a nice video. Can't say how many times I've tried to install a driver and come up with, "Windows has determined better driver is installed" etc. 

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

Hmm... can we have 16:9? I don't think there's anything to be gained by cutting the top and bottom of the image... or were these recorded at whatever aspect ratio this is?

This is done for mobile watchers are more phones are switching to an 18:9 resolution. It looks wonderful on a Note 9 or iPhone X or most phones they reviewed in the last year. They are only adapting to their viewer base.

Could you use an old graphics card for display output if your cpu does not have an igpu?

1 hour ago, Alfonso Garcia said:

I got a question. Can i use it with my Alienware Graphis Amplifier and use de laptop display instead?

And what about SLI?  If SWIM already has a GTX 1060 and would like to SLI the Chinese card, would it evn werk bruh?

8 minutes ago, Exarkun631 said:

And what about SLI?  If SWIM already has a GTX 1060 and would like to SLI the Chinese card, would it evn werk bruh?

A normal 1060 doesn't support SLI so why would this one?

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

1 hour ago, Xyro said:
Could you use an old graphics card for display output if your cpu does not have an igpu?

Probably, people did it RX 580s and free sync.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

1 hour ago, Brennan_Price said:

I'm pretty sure this still won't be a way around it as you'll still have to install the GPU drivers from the external dock in most situations, therefore the same process would have to be used as in the video. 

Yeah, I just mean that if Nvidia allowed it on the driver end then the leftover stock of these could be sold that way.

15 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Probably, people did it RX 580s and free sync.

Do you have something like a guide or something like that? because it could be worth the try to take some random Amd and this gtx to test it, do you think it will work with two nvidia?

You know what other driver I need to disable driver signing as well?
Steelseries Zboard keyboards.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

You can't get past the sign up page to actually purchase the card. Well in my case to review shipping costs.

My Machines:

I know. I need to update this. And I will. Eventually. 

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

1 hour ago, Lathlaer said:

A normal 1060 doesn't support SLI so why would this one?

Oh derp, I meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen 1070s  lololololoz

Never knew you could run a card like this. Everyday we learn more.