Best type of Spray Paint?

Misinthe

Hi everyone, I want to paint the front and top panel of my case and a few other things and I was wondering what are some types of paint that you would recommend works best for this kind of situations. Thank you all for your comments.

if you've never used spraypaint you need to practice on something else first and not something you actually like.

depends on the type of finish you want (i.e. matte, gloss, etc)

i like paints that come with primer.

Definitely practice first if you don't have experience, and use a few coats

If the top and front panel are metal, consider sanding very lightly so the paint grips better.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 hour ago, Miguel552 said:

Hi everyone, I want to paint the front and top panel of my case and a few other things and I was wondering what are some types of paint that you would recommend works best for this kind of situations. Thank you all for your comments.

@Miguel552 personally I love the Montana Gold cans, paint comes out nice and even, and at a slower rate so you get a cleaner, smoother finish.

Mmm...along the same lines, if you have a completely modular case where most of the paneling could come off, wouldn't powder-coating work pretty well?

15 hours ago, Miguel552 said:

15 hours ago, emosun said:

if you've never used spraypaint you need to practice on something else first and not something you actually like.

14 hours ago, Derrk said:

depends on the type of finish you want (i.e. matte, gloss, etc)

i like paints that come with primer.

Definitely practice first if you don't have experience, and use a few coats

I have experience with Spray paint, just never painted a case before. 

13 hours ago, CableMod said:

@Miguel552 personally I love the Montana Gold cans, paint comes out nice and even, and at a slower rate so you get a cleaner, smoother finish.

Thanks for that input! I'll look into that one. 

10 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

Mmm...along the same lines, if you have a completely modular case where most of the paneling could come off, wouldn't powder-coating work pretty well?

It's the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG, the front and top panel come completely off and the legs. Which is what I want to pain. 

On 1/13/2019 at 9:08 PM, Miguel552 said:

In terms of color vibrancy and options automotive spray paints such as Duplicolor would be some of the best, artistic spray paints also have very good color selection and heavy pigmentation. Just be sure to properly prepare the surface by lighting scuffing and cleaning and ideally adding a little primer to help promote adhesion.