“Alexa Spell iCup” New Smart Toilet by Kohler

13 minutes ago, poochyena said:

but why

Either Italy ran out of legitimate societal issues to solve or they'd rather ignore those issues and focus on non issues like whether toilets have built in super soakers.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

4 hours ago, Drak3 said:

I feel like flapping your gums that much eould take more energy than just flushing.

Was thinking about this yesterday, definitely more interesting voice commands to control every aspect of the toilet, including water jets.

55 minutes ago, poochyena said:

but why

They are considered as a WC or a sink so if you are a selling/put an house for rent without one they can probably sue/or you like if you don't tell the bathroom isn't functional and complete
But not on work places or public bathrooms tho 

I would be curious if that law applies in smart WC's with builtin butt-cleaning tools?!??? Considering how stone age is this country I suppose no.

40 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Either Italy ran out of legitimate societal issues to solve or they'd rather ignore those issues and focus on non issues like whether toilets have built in super soakers.

Or just like to have their ass clean and shiny after too much pizza

46 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I went to Europe as a I’d and had no idea what it was for. I think I just fell in one and gave up.

When I was abroad I had no idea where to find one and I was literally in crisis 

2 minutes ago, Lukyp said:

Or just like to have their ass clean and shiny after too much pizza

That doesn't justify a law.

Unless you're saying that Italians are too lazy and/or incompetent to use toilet paper.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

8 minutes ago, Lukyp said:

When I was abroad I had no idea where to find one and I was literally in crisis 

Just use toilet paper.

11 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Just use toilet paper.

If I had to use toilet paper to clean myself at the same level I do with a bidet I would use 3 rolls and my butt would set on fire from the friction generated 

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, Lukyp said:

If I had to use toilet paper to clean myself in the same way I do with a bidet I would use 3 rolls and my butt would set on fire from the friction generated 

Gross

4 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Gross

Not cleaning properly is 

41 minutes ago, Lukyp said:

Not cleaning properly is 

Clean as a whilstle down there thank you 

1 hour ago, Lukyp said:

They are considered as a WC or a sink so if you are a selling/put an house for rent without one they can probably sue/or you like if you don't tell the bathroom isn't functional and complete

I know what the word illegal means..............
I'm asking why it would be illegal.

Just now, poochyena said:

If you got a fine from some policeman even if you don't go in jail probably you are not doing something legal

13 minutes ago, Lukyp said:

If you got a fine from some policeman even if you don't go in jail probably you are not doing something legal

idk how to rephrase the question. I think you need to improve your english reading skills.

29 minutes ago, poochyena said:

idk how to rephrase the question. I think you need to improve your english reading skills.

45 minutes ago, poochyena said:

I'm not a native, but I think I already answered it?  

2 hours ago, Lukyp said:

They are legally considered as a WC or a sink so if you are a selling/put an house for rent without one they can probably sue/or you like if you don't tell the bathroom isn't functional and complete
But not on work places or public bathrooms tho 

If you built an house and put it for rent or sell it without proper specifications for example a functional bathroom, or a bad and hazardous electrical wiring, or even without walls lol? probably this is not totally legal and you will encounter issues? 
I mean, do you know here you can get sued if you do some consistent modifications to your house without telling and asking for permissions to the police?
This is basically considered as the same thing when not including a bidet
You can be jailed for adding another floor on an house without declaring it too for example

Maybe on other countries you can do what you want with your house as it's yours?

If you just asked why they added this, I don't know, I'm not a lawyer but if there wasn't this law I would use it anyway, guess those judges use them a lot in their houses too 

To be very specific since you asked, searching the law on google (which is similar to Portugal as it's a requirement also in there) it says it's a minimum health requirement like the minimum height of the walls, the construction materials required, etc.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Unless you're saying that Italians are too lazy and/or incompetent to use toilet paper.

Do you clean your dishes with a dry towel and no water? Do you clean the dirt off your car with a dry towel, and no water?
Why do you clean your butt with a dry towel and no water? ?

Also who uses toilet paper? Don't know you how to use the 3 seashells?

Interesting. While I love bathroom design (it's my favorite room in a house), I don't think I'd incorporate this into my ideal set up.

I'd still get a very expensive toilet, but Toto still gets my money. Honestly, the price doesn't surprise me either. It's a niche, high end product, and as a result, it will demand a higher price. Hell, Toto makes toilet seats that cost $600. Are they for the Average Joe? Nope. Yet they still sell, quite well.

If there's one room I don't want Alexa or Google in...

17 hours ago, BananaInSandals said:

I could never understand how people are comfortable with their butt being washed after a poop. Like seriously, wouldn't your clothes get wet? :P 

Alexa, plz relax music for pooping. 

I don't understand how one could not? Don't you scrub your butt in the shower?

To quote a good movie:

If you got poo in your beard, would you feel clean just wiping it off with some paper towel? Or would you wash your face?

17 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

have we reached peak tech?

is this what companies do when they run out of shit to invent?

Uhh...it's a company that makes toilets. Do you expect them to expand into making TVs?

16 hours ago, BananaInSandals said:

Emm... No. But I don't take my shirt off for poop and my pants are on the floor near my legs. Water tends to spill to everywhere :( 

They'll have to build a wall around it :P 

If you get water everywhere, you just don't know how to use the toilet properly...

11 hours ago, RyomaSJibenG said:

ahh i see, rookie mistakes. when you're used to it, water won't spill everywhere except your butt

for newbie i recommend you to hang your pants first

That sounds like far too much work when it comes to using the bathroom.

10 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

No idea why people are making fun of this, it’s actually common to find such toilets in Korea and Japan, and some parts of China 

in fact, it’s specifically western countries like America and Europe who’ve shunned the idea so it’s not them, it’s “us” who has the problem of advancing 

It's also common in parts of China to just have a bucket of water ?

9 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

10k? This thing is MAYBE 100$ in parts

Probably more than that, but when is anything's cost related to the price of materials?
That's a really ignorant way to look at cost.

9 hours ago, LAwLz said:

No it's not.

What you're thinking of are the toilet seats which has things such as bidet functionality. Thinks like "press a button and some water gets spray at your bum". That's at worst a bit weird, and at best pretty functional.

This is a toilet which connects to the Internet, records what you say inside your bathroom and lets companies listen to it.

You'd think that people would be hesitant to put Internet-connected microphones into their bathrooms but sadly I don't think the Average Joe will even stop and think about it. And if you don't think Amazon and Google will use these microphones to harvest data about you, you're naive.

The whole "connected bathroom" thing is actually really cool. Multiple shower heads which can be individually controlled, with personalized lighting as well as steam features, which can all be controlled from an app or even from your bathroom mirror? Hell yeah. Sounds like the future.

But I want all of this controlled locally. Not by sending things to Google or some other company.

I see this being installed more by installers who don't consult properly with the person getting it, thus probably not letting them know all the features, just the ones they think the individual will want to use...thus greatly increasing their profit on the job. Or it'll come preinstalled in high end homes.

I love shower tech. The things you can do is pretty insane, when you really get down to it. Digital shower control is divine.

7 hours ago, poochyena said:

but why

See below.

7 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Or, like a lot of older countries, their sewer systems are incapable of handling large amounts of solid waste that toilet paper creates.

4 hours ago, poochyena said:

It's likely illegal because it goes against building codes. Just like you have to use a certain tape when it comes to vapor barriers.

It's not "illegal" persay, but the house will not pass inspection without it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

17 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Looks good for HomeKit integration for a full smart home experience. The toilet is said to cost $10,000 NZD ($6,750 USD).

Waaaay too expensive. Really bitchin Toto or Panasonic in Japan with all bells and whistles minus "smart" BS can be found for ~2k USD in Japan. Some of them even clean themselves and are self sanitizing. 

Also when using bidet at my home and work after I finish with number two, I press button and leave the toilet do it's work. Is that too much work to do now so I have to ask "Alexa, wash my ass"?

11 minutes ago, Sypran said:

Do you clean your dishes with a dry towel and no water?

No. You also don't just spray them with water either though. You use antibacterial soap because you prepare food and eat off of those dishes, and your mouth is a huge ingress point.

Do you clean the dirt off your car with a dry towel, and no water?

Depends on what I'm cleaning off of it. Dust and liquids, yes.

Why do you clean your butt with a dry towel and no water?

1. Why do you assume I, or anyone, doesn't use water?
  2. Because you wash your hands afterwards regardless (unless you're a disgusting slob), there is no concern if there is some bacteria remaining because your ass is going to be an area where it accumulates and you take regular showers, it's not solid and hard to remove if you're wiping right after you shit. Basically, the only issues arise if you're a disgusting slob.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

10 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I don't understand how one could not? Don't you scrub your butt in the shower?

To quote a good movie:

If you got poo in your beard, would you feel clean just wiping it off with some paper towel? Or would you wash your face?

I guess, but you wouldn't scrub your butt with just water.

Unless this toilet sprays soap too, it's not getting you any cleaner than just toilet paper.

11 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Probably more than that, but when is anything's cost related to the price of materials?
That's a really ignorant way to look at cost.

IMO, not really because it's a freaking toilet. It shouldn't cost more than a few $100 to add some RBG lights and speakers.

8 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I guess, but you wouldn't scrub your butt with just water.

Unless this toilet sprays soap too, it's not getting you any cleaner than just toilet paper.

IMO, not really because it's a freaking toilet. It shouldn't cost more than a few $100 to add some RBG lights and speakers.

Uhhh yes, yes it is. You can use your hand to assist. You're still washing your hands after anyway (or at least I sure hope you are).

Yes, and have you ever priced out higher end toilets? Evidently not.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

37 minutes ago, dizmo said:

That sounds like far too much work when it comes to using the bathroom.

oh c'mon, its like how you teach a baby/kid to first go the bathroom, once you're used to it. its just a normal everyday chore

oh and please wash your hand with soap after you've done your business, i think this is self-explanatory

1 hour ago, Sypran said:

Do you clean your dishes with a dry towel and no water? Do you clean the dirt off your car with a dry towel, and no water?
Why do you clean your butt with a dry towel and no water? ?

Also who uses toilet paper? Don't know you how to use the 3 seashells?

Unless you have a massive bush down there, toilet paper is made to clean your bum. If you shower every day it’s not an issue. 

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

Uhhh yes, yes it is. You can use your hand to assist. You're still washing your hands after anyway (or at least I sure hope you are).

Yes, and have you ever priced out higher end toilets? Evidently not.

I meant from the spray nozzle onto your rear, not if it cleans your hands, although the toilets with the built in sink are pretty cool. I'm sure it spraying your butt feels cleaner though if it actually is idk and as others mentioned paper does the same as long as a person showers every day, but yeah everyone needs to wash their hands no matter if you did 1 or 2.

I've looked at some of the Japanese Toto toilets, those are really reasonable for a higher end toilet and about $1,500 or less depending on what you want.

7 hours ago, Lukyp said:

Not cleaning properly is 

So you're saying you have dry shit caked on ur ass all the time that requires water to soften and dislodge it ?

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

9 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I hate alexa, Google home and all that shit but this takes it to another level. If your house has this, I'd rather shit my pants

I'd rather use the open defecation street in India.

57 minutes ago, Noctus said:

So you're saying you have dry shit caked on ur ass all the time that requires water to soften and dislodge it ?

What sort of business you have going on there that means you get caked on poo. If you were a sheep you’d need dagging lol.