“Alexa Spell iCup” New Smart Toilet by Kohler

New smart toilet offers 'fully-immersive experience'

Source: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/lifestyle/2019/01/new-smart-toilet-offers-fully-immersive-experience.html?fbclid=IwAR0_ltV5eHoTPEa9lQyetbXSQOy0cCuBHIR9TXlD-HmtauwwcLGKgvqZZUk

Smart toilets are here, offering a "fully-immersive experience" for people to carry out their business from the bathroom throne.

Complete with speakers, ambient lighting and heated seats, luxury bathroom manufacturer Kohler says its Numi 2.0 Intelligent Toilet offers "personalised cleansing" for the discerning customer.

And as a bonus, Alexa is built into the toilet so you can drop beats and ask questions without using your hands.

I’m hoping for it to include the water jets. Not sure how immersive you can get. I’ve heard of heated toilet seats, self cleaning toilet seats, but not quite “Smart”. For me, I’d quite like an automatic air freshener dispenser, especially after Christmas. 

Too lazy to manually flush? Ask and Amazon's personal assistant will do it for you.

"The lighting features on Kohler's flagship intelligent toilet have been upgraded from static colours to dynamic and interactive multi-coloured ambient and surround lighting," Kohler's press release says.

"Paired with the new speakers in the Numi toilet, these lighting and audio enhancements create a fully-immersive experience for homeowners.

"Amazon Alexa built into the product provides simple voice control of Numi's features and access to tens of thousands of skills, as well as a seamless integration of voice control into the bathroom.

Looks good for HomeKit integration for a full smart home experience. The toilet is said to cost $10,000 NZD ($6,750 USD).

If the video does not play in your region, it’s just the ad from Kohler, not a news report :/

Smart Alexa toilet vs Linus’ singing fish? Can’t wait for this to be on holy $hit. 

[EDIT]

Thanks to @LukeSavenije for dumping this news sooner (maybe), unfortunately flushed away by the mods. 50/50 credit for this pootiful piece of news. 

I could never understand how people are comfortable with their butt being washed after a poop. Like seriously, wouldn't your clothes get wet? :P 

Alexa, plz relax music for pooping. 

2 minutes ago, BananaInSandals said:

I could never understand how people are comfortable with their butt being washed after a poop. Like seriously, wouldn't your clothes get wet? :P 

It’s a big thing to wash ur butt in EU and Saudi. They have bidets and sort of mini showers. Not very popular in my region, but it must be nice on a hot day or after long car ride. 

have we reached peak tech?

is this what companies do when they run out of shit to invent?

If techlinked ever showed this, They need to get Alexa to actually spell iCup

✨FNIGE✨

58 minutes ago, BananaInSandals said:

umm do you poop with pants on or something? take it off lol

But can it beat the Trump brand automatic toilet?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

9 minutes ago, RyomaSJibenG said:

umm do you poop with pants on or something? take it off lol

Emm... No. But I don't take my shirt off for poop and my pants are on the floor near my legs. Water tends to spill to everywhere :( 

9 minutes ago, williamcll said:

But can it beat the Trump brand automatic toilet?

They'll have to build a wall around it :P 

Alexa order 3 ply toilet paper with express 2 hour delivery. Add delivery instructions to order: front door open, please bring to toilet down the hall, third door on the right.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

It’s a big thing to wash ur butt in EU and Saudi. They have bidets and sort of mini showers. Not very popular in my region, but it must be nice on a hot day or after long car ride. 

They're kinda common in old buildings in the UK but nobody actually uses them since they're either broken or in pressure washer mode.

1 hour ago, BananaInSandals said:

HEY ALEXA PLAY DESPACITO

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

In Italy is illegal to have a bathroom without a bidet

LITERALLY, THAT'S HOW SHOULD BE ON OTHER COUNTRIES AS WELL

or some WC like Japan

Edited by Guest

You know, I remember watching an old Supernews video about the Google Toilet, which was basically poking fun at Google's privacy criticisms at the time. That was made at some point before 2010, so a long time has come since. 

And, well, I never thought it would become real... 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

5 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Too lazy to manually flush? Ask and Amazon's personal assistant will do it for you.

I feel like flapping your gums that much eould take more energy than just flushing.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

4 hours ago, BananaInSandals said:

Emm... No. But I don't take my shirt off for poop and my pants are on the floor near my legs. Water tends to spill to everywhere :(

ahh i see, rookie mistakes. when you're used to it, water won't spill everywhere except your butt

for newbie i recommend you to hang your pants first

No idea why people are making fun of this, it’s actually common to find such toilets in Korea and Japan, and some parts of China 

in fact, it’s specifically western countries like America and Europe who’ve shunned the idea so it’s not them, it’s “us” who has the problem of advancing 

1 hour ago, Bcat00 said:

No idea why people are making fun of this, it’s actually common to find such toilets in Korea and Japan, and some parts of China 

in fact, it’s specifically western countries like America and Europe who’ve shunned the idea so it’s not them, it’s “us” who has the problem of advancing 

No it's not.

What you're thinking of are the toilet seats which has things such as bidet functionality. Thinks like "press a button and some water gets spray at your bum". That's at worst a bit weird, and at best pretty functional.

This is a toilet which connects to the Internet, records what you say inside your bathroom and lets companies listen to it.

You'd think that people would be hesitant to put Internet-connected microphones into their bathrooms but sadly I don't think the Average Joe will even stop and think about it. And if you don't think Amazon and Google will use these microphones to harvest data about you, you're naive.

The whole "connected bathroom" thing is actually really cool. Multiple shower heads which can be individually controlled, with personalized lighting as well as steam features, which can all be controlled from an app or even from your bathroom mirror? Hell yeah. Sounds like the future.

But I want all of this controlled locally. Not by sending things to Google or some other company.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

YES

finally I'll be free from pressing ONE BUTTON in exchange for Amazon knowing my bathroom habits.

/s

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I hate alexa, Google home and all that shit but this takes it to another level. If your house has this, I'd rather shit my pants

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

8 hours ago, Lukyp said:

or some WC like Japan

but why

8 hours ago, Lukyp said:

or some WC like Japan

I went to Europe as a I’d and had no idea what it was for. I think I just fell in one and gave up.