Newbie: 0
Member: 25
Veteran: 1000
Fanatic: 10,000
Maniacal: 100,000

this is with posts, it's nice info too

9 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I have a "New Rule"

Posts should be graded upon if they are shit posts and if they are deamed to be shit posts, they do not count!

and how would you program that?

what is identified as a shitpost?

26 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I have a "New Rule"

Posts should be graded upon if they are shit posts and if they are deamed to be shit posts, they do not count! I know for a fact Linus will read this and implement it asap. Thumbs up or thumbs down aka Shitposts. No more Like, Agree, Love, Informative.

btw, linus doesn't implement features, and mortis already disagreed over a disagree button, so this wouldn't happen (probably)

Honestly, the reputation doesn't mean a ton. All it tells you is how many people have responded with a Like/Agree/Funny/Informative to whatever post you make.

A general rule of thumb is that those with as much rep as their number of posts or more tend to be either really helpful or very informative or funny, but it ultimately does not mean too much. 

The reason why is due to status updates. These tend to not count towards total post counts but whatever reactions to said update is counted in rep.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

11 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

A general rule of thumb is that those with as much rep as their number of posts or more tend to be either really helpful or very informative or funny, but it ultimately does not mean too much. 

which is why you can find me Karma Farming using legitimate methods. by that i mean i spend maximum effort with witty puns at the start of news articles.

13 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

Honestly, the reputation doesn't mean a ton. All it tells you is how many people have responded with a Like/Agree/Funny/Informative to whatever post you make.

The reason why is due to status updates. These tend to not count towards total post counts but whatever reactions to said update is counted in rep.

and off topic too... and some users don't know how reputation is even given, so even if they explicitly let me know i was very helpful, i might not even have collected rep from them, but just a general reputation on the subforum

7 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

and off topic too... and some users don't know how reputation is even given, so even if they explicitly let me know i was very helpful, i might not even have collected rep from them, but just a general reputation on the subforum

such a shame we can karmawhore all across the new builds section right? 

/s

6 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

such a shame we can karmawhore all across the new builds section right? 

/s

well, it's about the easiest job to forfill here... if they don't ask too much of you. i had people that didn't mind me reacting 12 hours later, and some minded me doing it a minute later...

yes this is true

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, it's about the easiest job to forfill here... if they don't ask too much of you. i had people that didn't mind me reacting 12 hours later, and some minded me doing it a minute later...

yes this is true

you only need a vague idea of what is good value and what certain tasks demand. you also have those that react to all you posts once done

10 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

you only need a vague idea of what is good value and what certain tasks demand. you also have those that react to all you posts once done

I'm that guy that likes any helpful comment on my post, to let them see I'm appreciating them wasting their time for me

10 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

Like/Agree/Funny/Informative

I do random ones, or if there are three, I will do the fourth just cuz :)

On 1/7/2019 at 1:17 AM, Godlygamer23 said:

Mythic appears to be the highest you can go, referencing Linus' profile as a source. 

There is unexplored territory beyond the mythical land that Mr. Tech Tips inhabits, but you're all going to have to be super helpful great community members who don't shitpost in order to find it.

HTTP/2 203

6 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

There is unexplored territory beyond the mythical land that Mr. Tech Tips inhabits, but you're all going to have to be super helpful great community members who don't shitpost in order to find it.

Nah, gotta farm those funnys

:)

3 minutes ago, Mayushii said:

the funny icon face is scaring me

59bfa60565b2e_funny-transparent(3).png

In higher resolution is doesn't get any less scarier ?

But just as others said; the community reputation doesn't mean a whole lot. It's how often someone's posts and such have been liked (and the other reputation scores), while someone with a higher post count has more.. That doesn't mean much. A high Like/post ratio is also not that relevant because of Off topic posting and now status updates too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/