The Forum's State of Decay.

miyabwah

I have to make a big deal of it. This place is my life. I have people that actually have something in common with me. I have nsyedhasan, TheDoubleYGamer, and a whole lot more friends here than I do in real life. What other 12 year olds spend their time on a forum watching people completely shitpost and be assholes to each other. I'm not saying this is all the time, but certain trolls want to ruin it for the people that actually WANT to have a friendly, safe, and caring community. That's why we need more mods like WindSpeed, and @MG2R.

You know when something comes up where Lanoi is talking seriously it is probably big.

I do not think I have made as many friends here as you Lanoi but I do enjoy talking with everyone here a lot more than I enjoy talking to the idiots who are my age. I do think it is on a decline but if the forum remained in the state it will be in a week it will still be the best tech forum online. But I think we have to get to a point where we can keep the forums under control. Once the community gets pat a point of immaturity it is very hard to get back. I think it would be a lot wiser to fortify the mod team right now before things get out of hand. I know they have a thing where they don't recruit more mods till the last one is trained however if we wait too long it will be too late(not to be too melodramatic).

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I can kind of see what you're getting at. However I've only been active since around the end of summer, so I guess I can't say all that much. I agree with most everyone here that it's probably just a surge of new users.

One thing that I do think that this forum needs, though, is a new forum/subforum for user created content. As in you can share your own videos, images, music, ect. that you created. I think that would be pretty cool, and would give many users something more to do.

Would love to see this happen, I have some stuff I would love to share with you guys but I'm worried it will break the CoC since it's my own content and could be seen as advertising. But if it is non profit then I don't see why not. 

I agree. But that could also be in my fault. I have not been very sincere about tech lately. I will try to make the forum better from now on.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

@Lanoi: Are you liking every single post?

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

The reason the forums are going downhill in my opinion is due to a simple oversight:

No one uses the report function (ok maybe a small fraction do). They would rather attempt to reason with, argue or e-fight with the trolls and shit posters. Instead just hit report and move on.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

I have to make a big deal of it. This place is my life. I have people that actually have something in common with me. I have nsyedhasan, TheDoubleYGamer, and a whole lot more friends here than I do in real life. What other 12 year olds spend their time on a forum watching people completely shitpost and be assholes to each other. I'm not saying this is all the time, but certain trolls want to ruin it for the people that actually WANT to have a friendly, safe, and caring community. That's why we need more mods like WindSpeed, and MG2R.

Listen, things change, people change. Two facts of life.

I get that you're only 12 and that's fine. But this is the internet.

The internet is a place where people congregate to share stuff. No big deal. I have not seen anyone on this site with bad intentions. Your idea of fun is completely different than other's ideas of fun; this means that we all have to apreciate that we are all gathered here today for recreational purposes. I personally haven't seen anybody ruining the forum in my time here (although you have been here for 16 more days than me so who knows). The diversity of the internet is what makes me like it, I also like other things too, so to say that I don't have too many eggs in one basket. I enjoy the forum here, perhaps more than some people, because people have a similar mindset as me here generally (or so I'd like to think). However, if the forum disappeared, my life would not collapse. Perhaps I'd spend more time with friends, or other pursuits.

The trolls want to ruin it for us on this forum? Perhaps. I don't honestly care though because what they post on this forum doesn't concern me, I don't read it and weep. They are enjoying themselves by trolling, I too enjoy trolling occasionally, everything in tight regulation is good. They are probably enjoying themselves equally by trolling as you are by not trolling [if you get what I mean]. Why condemn their method of fun, eh? It's like condemning Jews because they attend a synagogue. And to be honest, they really aren't ruining it here. They are making it a more diverse place to be and a nicer place to be. The fact that more of them are joining the party is great, I love it.

Everyone is different.

Don't have too many eggs in one basket.

Compatible with Windows 95

Listen, things change, people change. Two facts of life.

I get that you're only 12 and that's fine. But this is the internet.

The internet is a place where people congregate to share stuff. No big deal. I have not seen anyone on this site with bad intentions. Your idea of fun is completely different than other's ideas of fun; this means that we all have to apreciate that we are all gathered here today for recreational purposes. I personally haven't seen anybody ruining the forum in my time here (although you have been here for 16 more days than me so who knows). The diversity of the internet is what makes me like it, I also like other things too, so to say that I don't have too many eggs in one basket. I enjoy the forum here, perhaps more than some people, because people have a similar mindset as me here generally (or so I'd like to think). However, if the forum disappeared, my life would not collapse. Perhaps I'd spend more time with friends, or other pursuits.

The trolls want to ruin it for us on this forum? Perhaps. I don't honestly care though because what they post on this forum doesn't concern me, I don't read it and weep. They are enjoying themselves by trolling, I too enjoy trolling occasionally, everything in tight regulation is good. They are probably enjoying themselves equally by trolling as you are by not trolling [if you get what I mean]. Why condemn their method of fun, eh? It's like condemning Jews because they attend a synagogue. And to be honest, they really aren't ruining it here. They are making it a more diverse place to be and a nicer place to be. The fact that more of them are joining the party is great, I love it.

Everyone is different.

Don't have too many eggs in one basket.

You know who doesn't like trolls? The moderating team. People could be trying to get help and the troll would just contribute nothing. We're trying to be a helpful forum accessible for everybody. If someone came on the forum to ask a question and a troll just came on, it'd ruin the person's impressions and we'd just be like another reddit to them. As a wise TheSLSAMG once said, "We're a tech forum, not reddit."

@Lanoi

And about the mod thing, I have to disagree with you. I don't necessarily like the way that some mods move topics on to other subforums. Unless it is blindingly obvious that the topic belongs in this other place, they should not move it. They should always consult us before moving; sometimes there is a reason why it's there.

100% agree. But what you gona do about it. Nothing I guess :(

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

You know who doesn't like trolls? The moderating team. People could be trying to get help and the troll would just contribute nothing. We're trying to be a helpful forum accessible for everybody. If someone came on the forum to ask a question and a troll just came on, it'd ruin the person's impressions and we'd just be like another reddit to them. As a wise TheSLSAMG once said, "We're a tech forum, not reddit."

Some people contribute nothing anyway, trolling or not. Sometimes trolling is somewhat unintenional, and interpreted wrongly by the recipricant.

Some people contribute nothing anyway, trolling or not. Sometimes trolling is somewhat unintenional, and interpreted wrongly by the recipricant.

And other times someone is going out of their way to try to ruin a person's day. I want those people gone. Trolling for fun and trolling to be a dick can usually be distinguished. People joke around and I get that but other times people are just trying to be hurtful.

And other times someone is going out of their way to try to ruin a person's day. I want those people gone. Trolling for fun and trolling to be a dick can usually be distinguished. People joke around and I get that but other times people are just trying to be hurtful.

Can you show me a few (more than 2) example of this recently?

EDIT: on this forum

Edited by tomlambert01

Can you show me a few (more than 2) example of this recently?

EDIT: on this forum

This now locked thread was made in response to a similarly locked thread.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/99905-clarification-on-a-few-things/

I don't have enough time for more sorry :/

The reason the forums are going downhill in my opinion is due to a simple oversight:

No one uses the report function (ok maybe a small fraction do). They would rather attempt to reason with, argue or e-fight with the trolls and shit posters. Instead just hit report and move on.

People need to understand that the report is an "this isnt allowed, it needs to be removed" and after that move on until an mod fixes it. But we need some sort of "trusted member" status, that makes reports higher priority

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

This now locked thread was made in response to a similarly locked thread.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/99905-clarification-on-a-few-things/

I don't have enough time for more sorry :/

No worries, but OK. I get that such people exist, but my point is simple:

They really aren't spoiling it. This is the internet, grow a thick skin if someone is pissing you off.

And the second post on that topic sums up my point about the mods entirely.

They really aren't spoiling it. This is the internet, grow a thick skin if someone is pissing you off.

You are right about that but most people can't. And when a troll (the nasty kind not the funny kind (R.I.P. Sarcasm)) and a normally kind person get into a heated discussion/fight it just is bad for everyone. Newcomers who visit the thread are turned off, volatile people will butt in and fuel the madness, mods intervene and get flak for it, then at the end of the day people make threads like this.

If the trolls were gone in the first place none of this would have happened.

Also Lanoi you might as well add a thing in the title saying [Free Likes!]

You are right about that but most people can't. And when a troll (the nasty kind not the funny kind (R.I.P. Sarcasm)) and a normally kind person get into a heated discussion/fight it just is bad for everyone. Newcomers who visit the thread are turned off, volatile people will butt in and fuel the madness, mods intervene and get flak for it, then at the end of the day people make threads like this.

If the trolls were gone in the first place none of this would have happened.

Also Lanoi you might as well add a thing in the title saying [Free Likes!]

What happened to Sarcasm?

And to be honest, I didn't think that there were honestly many trolls on the forums. If any.

Besides which, no biggie, you make it seem like trolling will bring humanity down.

What happened to Sarcasm?

And to be honest, I didn't think that there were honestly many trolls on the forums. If any.

Besides which, no biggie, you make it seem like trolling will bring humanity down.

Not by themselves no. But it is a snowball effect I fear. I don't like saying read my post again but I described it in my last reply :P

Also Sarcasm was kinda sorta banned.

Not by themselves no. But it is a snowball effect I fear. I don't like saying read my post again but I described it in my last reply :P

Also Sarcasm was kinda sorta banned.

Yeah. I don't see it as a biggie though.

And what for; like what did he say? All I see is this:

WXrHfim.png

WXrHfim.png

Probably something smartass-ey, like usual.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

these forums are not going down, the friendly/ accessibility nature is going  down do to the stupid elitist, fan boy attitudes that  seems to dominates the internet, i mean just because someone like apple. razor. EA  or is a console player does not make them wrong, what makes it wrong is when you trash and insult someone because YOU don't agree with them .

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

WXrHfim.png

I don't know the details but I know him and some other guy who I did not like butted heads every thread they found each other in. I have a feeling they both were banned.

I don't know the details but I know him and some other guy who I did not like butted heads every thread they found each other in. I have a feeling they both were banned.

I have a feel this happens a lot with heated topics.

I have a feel this happens a lot with heated topics.

Thats deep.