Upcoming hardware in 2019?/What to expect from manufacturers?

GPUs from nvidia pcie 4.0 based

1) Ray tracing with higher FPS being improved by RTX series successor GPUs

2) Nvidia taking advantage of pcie 4.0 resulting in higher memory bandwidths 

AMD's 3000 series processor lineup and what i/o to expect from x570 chipset

1) Higher clock speeds

2 More cores

3) USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 - SuperSpeed+, new 20 Gbit/s (2.5 GB/s) data rate over 2 lanes using 128b/132b encoding.

4) GTX 1070 level iGPU

AMD's GPU

1) AMD making better performing GPUs

Intel's 7nm processors

1) Arriving end of 2019 better clock speeds than what AMD will be offering

2) Better architecture

3) A lot expensive than any processor available at that time

Possible DDR5 RAM

5G networks

Faster phone processors, 7nm based

Realistic Artificial Virtual Reality experience software/games

these are my expectations what do you guys expect/think/want from manufacturers ???

You won't see iGPU's being as powerful as a 1070.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

*Intel's clock speeds better by only tiny amounts with shitty TIM

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

6 minutes ago, dj_emad said:

Ray tracing with higher FPS being improved by RTX series successor GPUs

lol. The 2060 isn't even out yet, I doubt the 3080 Ti is anywhere near (NVIDIA, do you know how to add 100? 1080 + 100 =! 2080

GTX 1070 level iGPU

lol. Yeah... I got nothing for this.

AMD making better performing GPUs

lol. Watch the first 15 seconds or so.

11 minutes ago, dj_emad said:

A lot expensive than any processor available at that time

You got one thing right.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

AMD finally catches Intels single core performance and everyone goes apeshit and navi arives overhyped and underperforming being literally two Vega 56 cards on one PCB

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

These are my thought:

No way, the low end 2000 series isnt even out yet, nvidia at the very least updates every 2 years, maybe even 3.

4) GTX 1070 level iGPU

The Current igpu for ryzen is gt1030/rx550 level, so let's not get ahead of ourselves. I would expect rx560/gtx1050, MAX rx570/1050ti levels.

AMD's GPU

I got nothing on that, but i think they will still make gtx1080 level gpu, but will make it much cheaper.

Intel's 7nm processors

The consumer variant will not arrive until 2020. They have 1 more 14nm generation on roadmap, which will have 10 14nm cores. So i would expect that in 2019.

Possible DDR5 RAM - i would say 2020

5G networks - in some limited capability, yes

Faster phone processors, 7nm based - well Apple already has 7nm phone processors? so yeah sounds reasonable

Realistic Artificial Virtual Reality experience software/games ???????????

what do you guys expect/think/want from manufacturers ???

I would hope for 7nm Android wear watches, but not going to happen :(

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Who knows, maybe nvidia 7 nm? 

While everyone's talking about AMD's 7 nm CPUs and GPUs it's not like nVidia has suddenly lost TSMC's phone number. :P I can imagine one of the reasons the Turing timeline feels somewhat sped-up is that the 7nm is already in the works and not too far out. I doubt they want to find themselves in the same situation as intel... They may be greedy but they're not idiots. If AMD gets a proper and competitive 7nm GPU out of the door fast enough, that might result in a rather shortlived Turing generation.

I always thought Turing was a bad generation to upgrade, since it's usually the nodeshrinks (for example Maxwell to Pascall) that come with the most extra performance for your buck.

When it comes to intel... god knows if they finally get 10 nm to work, or whether they'll go straight to 7 nm. Though I doubt we'll see their 7 nm before 2020.

Who knows; if the GPUs were the problem with 10nm, maybe they'll try their hand at GPU-less high performance 10nm CPUs? The announced KF SKUs might be a prelude to that? 

I don't really see Optane breaking into the consumer space next year either, especially with the huge pricedrops on high performance nvme drives. The pricegap is only becoming larger.

I think monitors might be interesting next year, with HDR, 4k and high refreshrate monitors (and/or cominations thereof) all becoming more and more affordable and breaking into the mainstream. Although to be honest I am looking forward to some kind of standardization on ... some standard. There's just too many different choices and competing standards and resolutions right now.

I'm also quite interested in what Samsung is going to come up with to succeed the 860's and 970's. For years they've been dominant in the SSD market largely because of superior performance... but now that most competitors are closing the gap it begs the question whether they'll be able to one-up the competition once again. But who knows, maybe someone else will take the torch?

In general I think it's another bright year. The nodeshrink allows AMD to come out with actually exciting stuff, and if nothing else it's going to require a response from their competitors (whether in products or in price). Then there's projected pricedrops in SSDs, pricedrops in RAM and you're arguably looking at one of the best years to upgrade in ages.

38 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

AMD finally catches Intels single core performance and everyone goes apeshit and navi arives overhyped and underperforming being literally two Vega 56 cards on one PCB

Well if rumors are true, amd will provide us with 12c CPU that could clock to 5GHz. So single core performance about the same as Intel and huge multicore performance, for less than half of Intel's price right now.

And about Navi ... they said they won't be making GPU with 2 GPU chips, so it's not 2x Vega56 on same PCB, but it will be one strong GPU. Again this could bring us to RX 2070/GTX 1080 performance for much lower price than what's Nvidia offering.

So I can see reason, why there is hype about that.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 minute ago, Simon771 said:

Well if rumors are true, amd will provide us with 12c CPU that could clock to 5GHz. So single core performance about the same as Intel and huge multicore performance, for less than half of Intel's price right now.

And about Navi ... they said they won't be making GPU with 2 GPU chips, so it's not 2x Vega56 on same PCB, but it will be one strong GPU. Again this could bring us to RX 2070/GTX 1080 performance for much lower price than what's Nvidia offering.

So I can see reason, why there is hype about that.

im super hyped about what Navi is going to end up being but im just saying i dont expect it to be anything more than a pair of stuck together Vega 56 chips. Navi is still going to be Vega in the core afaik

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, dj_emad said:

1) Ray tracing with higher FPS being improved by RTX series successor GPUs

2) Nvidia taking advantage of pcie 4.0 resulting in higher memory bandwidths 

Never heard about the PCIe 4.0 on nVidias Side...

1) Higher clock speeds

2 More cores

3) USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 - SuperSpeed+, new 20 Gbit/s (2.5 GB/s) data rate over 2 lanes using 128b/132b encoding.

4) GTX 1070 level iGPU

No, that's wrong.

1+2 are OK.

The rest is not.

From what we know right now:

PCIe 4.0

Chiplet Design! (3 Die: CPU/CPU or CPU/GPU and the I/O Die)

TDP is 50/65/95W for most, the highest end 16 Cores probably not...

iGPU is said to be "Only" 20CU, so that's about a RX560 or so. Wich is still pretty powerful for an iGPU...

And iGPU only for select CPUs (with G suffix), and only up to 8 Cores, not for the 12 and 16 Cores.

AMD's GPU

GDDR6, up to RTX2070 level, PCIe 4.0 and made in 7nm

Intel's 7nm processors

1) Arriving end of 2019 better clock speeds than what AMD will be offering

2) Better architecture

3) A lot expensive than any processor available at that time

No

Because Intel will have a 10nm.

And you don't hear much about that right now, wich means they might be a bit further away.

And at worst, they come in 2020 or even 2021, as they don't have an Architecture for that ready.

AMD has and comes with tiny CPU Cores and an I/O Die...

They seem to have thought about the 7nm Problems with Ryzen and solved it...

Intel can't do that as they'd loose the "Gaming Advantage", wich is pasically low latency stuff...

Possible DDR5 RAM

No, that's further away, maybe 2020 or 2021...

5G networks

For what?!

Faster phone processors, 7nm based

They are already here and used here and there...

So they can't come because they already are.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

32 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

im super hyped about what Navi is going to end up being but im just saying i dont expect it to be anything more than a pair of stuck together Vega 56 chips. Navi is still going to be Vega in the core afaik

But Vega 56 and 64 are 14nm ... Navi should be 7nm if I'm not mistaken. So maybe less power draw/heating? 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Uh..... No. Zen 2 APUs will not have 1070 level performance. No, Intel will not magically be on 7nm when they can't even perfect 10nm. Hell, it's even doubtful that Intel will be able to release 10nm CPUs next year, so hang 7nm up. DDR5? No way, not till 2020 at the very least. Nothing has been confirmed on Ryzen 3rd gen either, just leaks that no one knows whether they're real or not. It's safe to expect higher clocks and IPC improvements because I mean, of fucking course, question is, how much? More cores? MAYBE... It's certainly possible given that the whole point of AMD's plan is chiplets, I'm just not certain they'll bring to mainstream consumers yet, so I'm waiting for confirmation, as should anyone with sense.

AMD GPUs? Again, just leaks that haven't been proven. If they do release new GPUs that line up with that leak, I'd definitely be a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

2 hours ago, kuddlesworth9419 said:

You won't see iGPU's being as powerful as a 1070.

We already have iGPUs as powerful as GTX 1060. It's in i7-8809G AMD VEGA M GH :)

From 1060 to 1070 is not that long way to go for iGPUs.

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

30 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

But Vega 56 and 64 are 14nm ... Navi should be 7nm if I'm not mistaken. So maybe less power draw/heating? 

you dont need to make a new architecture to shrink the node, you can just adapt a current one. AMD already have Vega on 7nm for workstations

Builds:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, mate_mate91 said:

We already have iGPUs as powerful as GTX 1060. It's in i7-8809G AMD VEGA M GH :)

From 1060 to 1070 is not that long way to go for iGPUs.

Thats not an igpu. That's a GPU  and a CPU and hmb2 on a single substrate. Normal igpus such as the ones in intel chips or AMD Apus have to use the drr4 which has much lower bandwidth. Unless amd Apus all come with hbm memory you will not see 1070 lvls of performance

6 hours ago, C2HWarrior said:

Thats not an igpu. That's a GPU  and a CPU and hmb2 on a single substrate. Normal igpus such as the ones in intel chips or AMD Apus have to use the drr4 which has much lower bandwidth. Unless amd Apus all come with hbm memory you will not see 1070 lvls of performance

iGPU is Integrated Graphics Processing Unit. It's not that memory type makes GPU iGPU, like you said. That chip is exactly iGPU not dGPU! It's INTEGRATED Intels first generation core series had iGPUs on the same package on different die. Intels iris graphics have their memory (called l4) like this chip. This chip is no different from intels iGPUs. It's just comes with HBM memory instead of l4. This chip is iGPU and is as powerfull as GTX 1060!

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

10 hours ago, dj_emad said:

Possible DDR5 RAM

2020 DDR5 will be out, 2021, DDR5 will be more mainstream

✨FNIGE✨

9 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

14nm

*14nm+++++++++++

✨FNIGE✨

9 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you don't need to make a new architecture to shrink the node, you can just adapt a current one. AMD already have Vega on 7nm for workstations

I don't have much knowledge about this ... I just hope it will in fact bring us GTX 1080 performance for those 250$. Honestly I would be fine with 350€ price in EU for that kind of GPU.

WD My Cloud 4TB

2 hours ago, Simon771 said:

I don't have much knowledge about this ... I just hope it will in fact bring us GTX 1080 performance for those 250$. Honestly I would be fine with 350€ price in EU for that kind of GPU.

and i just dont want to overhype it. do i want a card that can run everything maxed out at 100000k for $20? ofc i do! but i dont think this is going to be our lord and saviour in the GPU shitstorm even if i want it too

Builds:

Spoiler

13 hours ago, 2Buck said:

Uh..... No. Zen 2 APUs will not have 1070 level performance. No, Intel will not magically be on 7nm when they can't even perfect 10nm. Hell, it's even doubtful that Intel will be able to release 10nm CPUs next year, so hang 7nm up. DDR5? No way, not till 2020 at the very least. Nothing has been confirmed on Ryzen 3rd gen either, just leaks that no one knows whether they're real or not. It's safe to expect higher clocks and IPC improvements because I mean, of fucking course, question is, how much? More cores? MAYBE... It's certainly possible given that the whole point of AMD's plan is chiplets, I'm just not certain they'll bring to mainstream consumers yet, so I'm waiting for confirmation, as should anyone with sense.

AMD GPUs? Again, just leaks that haven't been proven. If they do release new GPUs that line up with that leak, I'd definitely be a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Although you won't hear me claiming we will see Intel's 7 nm next year (the odds of that happening are very small), there has already been some rumormilling about Intel tossing their 10 nm in the bin and going straight to their 7 nm (for example over at Semiaccurate). And throughout the whole 10 nm saga the problem was always accompanied with statements that the 7nm progress wasn't affected. Considering their 7 nm process goes for EUV instead of trying to apply conventional lithography with complicated multipatterning - which is the root of all their problems with 10 nm - this isn't altogether unlikely. But that leaves the question: when is their 7 nm ready for production? 

I'd put my money on 2020 for Intel's 7 nm too, but if anything the problems with 10 nm won't delay it: it will only bring it forward.

12 hours ago, C2HWarrior said:

I think the whole point of the new chiplet architecture is to blur these lines between iGPU and CPU/GPU on a substrate. I agree whether you lack of GDDR will make a big difference in performance, but on the semantics side it's really splitting hairs.

I hope the 12 cores and 5.0ghz Rumor is true because I'm definitely thinking about upgrading my 2700x to the 3000 series if so 

17 hours ago, dj_emad said:

Nvidia taking advantage of pcie 4.0 resulting in higher memory bandwidths

GPU memory bandwidth has nothing to do with PCIe revision.

My GTX 780 has 288.4Gbps memory bandwidth on PCIe 3.0.

A GTX 1080, also on PCIe 3.0, has 320Gbps memory bandwidth. A 1060 has 192Gbps, also on PCIe 3.0

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

GPU memory bandwidth has nothing to do with PCIe revision.

My GTX 780 has 288.4Gbps memory bandwidth on PCIe 3.0.

A GTX 1080, also on PCIe 3.0, has 320Gbps memory bandwidth. A 1060 has 192Gbps, also on PCIe 3.0

They were probably thinking of the old days, when manufacturers tried to push for lower vRAM+higher system memory usage.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL