Nintendo's Creator Programme is Finally Dead

Castdeath97

Sources: 1 2 3

Nintendo has announced that the Nintendo Creator’s Program is closing as of December 31st, 2018. The Nintendo Creator’s Program required any channel that wished to monetise any videos that contained Nintendo content to submit their channel and videos to a program. Nintendo has said that the end of this program will mean that creators can more easily monetise any video that features Nintendo games.

Nintendo's full statement that was sent it out to users of the programme:

We are ending the Nintendo Creators Program (NCP) to make it easier for content creators to make and monetize videos that contain Nintendo game content. We will no longer ask creators to submit their videos to the NCP, and creators can continue showing their passion for Nintendo by following Nintendo’s guidelines, located at https://www.nintendo.co.jp/networkservice_guideline/index.html.

The NCP will come to a close at the end of December 2018.

Please note that we are no longer accepting videos and channels, and will not review any that have been submitted, but not yet registered. The NCP website will be taken down on March 20, 2019.

We appreciate and encourage the continued support of content creators, and thank them for their dedication to helping us create smiles.

Nintendo Co., Ltd.

Good riddance, shouldn't have even started, but good to see Nintendo coming back to their senses.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

4 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Nintendo has said that the end of this program will mean that creators can more easily monetise any video that features Nintendo games.

More advertising for them.

What was the criteria for the program, vloggers had to submit to?

Was it leaked or let out knowingly? They are super strict about that sort of thing.

Just now, OnyxArmos said:

Meanwhile the entire of Super Smash Bros Ultimate is leaked on Youtube 2 weeks before the game is even released...

So Nintendo finally realizes free marketing is a good thing?

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

2 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

Not so much for them.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

56 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

Different president, new company direction where they are moving away from the old traditional Japanese business model of doing things (seniority has all say, 'cause they have the most experience and knows more, logic)

Glad to see Nintendo moving in the right direction. Who knows, maybe next year voice chat without the phone app (currently only Fortnight is the only game on the Switch that you can voice chat directly from the console (assuming you have a headset)).

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Netflix and Youtube for Switch confirmed for next year. /s

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

5 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

Netflix and Youtube for Switch confirmed for next year. /s

YouTube already on Switch :)

Hulu is there (for people in the US, as the service is US only)

1 hour ago, OnyxArmos said:

Meanwhile the entire of Super Smash Bros Ultimate is leaked on Youtube 2 weeks before the game is even released...

oh no, did they spoil a fighting game?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

It has a single player story mode, smartass >:((

no one buys a fighting game for the "story" :) all the story people need is "i'm picking this character to beat the ever loving shit out of <character/s>"

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, bleedblue said:

Either that or they realized they can make more money by just claiming all videos with even a second of footage for 100% of the revenue.

My bet is on the widespread claiming.

-------

Current Rig

-------

9 hours ago, Canada EH said:

What was the criteria for the program, vloggers had to submit to?

My impression was that channels could upload only Nintendo games or something like that. I could be wrong tho.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440