Tinder is rolling out a new service in their app exclusively for College and Uni students

AlTech
6 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I have a hard time believing a strong and lasting relationship can consistently sprout out of people who decided to date through an app before knowing each other.

After about a year of trying on both tinder and OkCupid, I'm beginning to agree with this.

My Rig:

-i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz, delid

-ASRock Z270-ITX/ac mobo 

-16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V @ 3000Mhz

-RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+

-240 AIO, Celsius S24

-Crucial MX300 525GB, 2TB HDD

-Fractal Design Define Nano S

-650 80+ Gold semi modular from EVGA

-1080p 75Hz dell monitor

5 hours ago, Julian5 said:

When are they gonna roll out an option for elementary school dating?

chris_hansen.gif

Edited by DildorTheDecent
better image

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

17 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I strongly doubt that...

It will certainly make it harder to do through tinder.

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

10 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

A huge part of that is reduced social pressure to stay in a bad marriage.

Probably, but I think "bad marriages" are often the consequence of a superficial approach to the relationship. I'm not saying it's a worse problem than it was before, I just think it's a problem. Marriage is basically a promise to see life through together, if all of a sudden "the passion runs out" then that promise wasn't taken very seriously in my opinion... of course I'm not referring to situations of abuse and violence.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I thought uni is when you're most likely to be meeting people? Like just talk to people xD 

That's an F in the profile pic

1 minute ago, Froody129 said:

Like just talk to people

Then you'll trigger someone and get called a racist, fascist rapist.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Triggered.  I need a safe space.

My Rig:

-i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz, delid

-ASRock Z270-ITX/ac mobo 

-16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V @ 3000Mhz

-RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+

-240 AIO, Celsius S24

-Crucial MX300 525GB, 2TB HDD

-Fractal Design Define Nano S

-650 80+ Gold semi modular from EVGA

-1080p 75Hz dell monitor

7 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I'm not going to lie I initially read that as fapist...what the hells wrong with me?

It sounds similar to this...

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

5 hours ago, Nicholatian said:

Haha, how pathetic of them. As if your prospects weren't awful enough as it is, Tinder's here to help add more complications to your already overwhelming social life that you're probably too young to understand and have no experience to help cope with!

I don't see how this would help anyone in college to be happy or successful considering it's long-known to be the most ruthlessly impersonal route of connecting with people, and because it's useless without decent IRL social skills. But I can see how the colleges wouldn't pretend to care, since the money's more important for them anyway and in reality their days are numbered on the gravy train.

All in all it's just another thing setting young folks up for failure while telling them it's how you get success. I wonder what the colleges will 1-up themselves with next...

There are a lot of Bots on Tinder. A ton of fake profiles. For example looking in California, but getting images of vintage towns in a Siberia coat on. 

This is a way to combat this since bots cannot obtain .edu emails. Also campuses are not getting paid for tinder using their email. Actually they can block them, so this feature might be unsuccessful. 

The only way to success is to fail many times. You develop social skills the more you talk to people.

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

Probably, but I think "bad marriages" are often the consequence of a superficial approach to the relationship. I'm not saying it's a worse problem than it was before, I just think it's a problem. Marriage is basically a promise to see life through together, if all of a sudden "the passion runs out" then that promise wasn't taken very seriously in my opinion... of course I'm not referring to situations of abuse and violence.

It's not just about the passion. Actually the best way to get to know a person fast is to argue (or debate), but no one takes this route in relationship and the honeymoon phase kicks in for a year or two. After that phase is when they figure out the arguments, and decide they cannot live with that person anymore. 

Most people do not factor this important element in. They get fed up with this type of nagging / stress and divorces comes into place... 

26 minutes ago, Dionyz said:

It's not just about the passion. Actually the best way to get to know a person fast is to argue (or debate), but no one takes this route in relationship and the honeymoon phase kicks in for a year or two. After that phase is when they figure out the arguments, and decide they cannot live with that person anymore. 

Most people do not factor this important element in. They get fed up with this type of nagging / stress and divorces comes into place... 

That too, I was just generalizing to make my point. The decision is often made hastily and without realizing what it really means to share a life with someone else.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

33 minutes ago, Dionyz said:

In other words how will you act with each other when the chips are down, times are tough, and not every thing is going so rosy...

14 hours ago, Sauron said:

That too, I was just generalizing to make my point. The decision is often made hastily and without realizing what it really means to share a life with someone else.

14 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

In other words how will you act with each other when the chips are down, times are tough, and not every thing is going so rosy...

As some one who has been around the block a few times (2 marriages and no divorcees myself),  I am of the opinion most marriages don't work out because the people in them fail to understand commitment and serenity, that is,  Knowing you can't change your partner unless your happy for them to stay the way they are. 

On topic, I can just see this app being labeled a debauchees misogynistic male chauvinist cultural tool by the less educated of the social lobbyist persuasion.  We already have so many problems in our universities with equality rights being used to discriminate against people,  rape culture being blamed for X, Y and Z.  The last thing we need is a hook app for them to completely misrepresent so that anyone who uses it is automatically labeled a sexual assailant.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 22/08/2018 at 1:08 PM, Trixanity said:

Wait what? How can pedophiles prey on college students?

I would think pedophiles have a completely different demographic.

A lot of 16 year old girls pretend to be 18 and can be found on Tinder.

All in all this Tinder U idea seems good.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

2 minutes ago, patrick3027 said:

A lot of 16 year old girls pretend to be 18 and can be found on Tinder.

All in all this Tinder U idea seems good.

So you're saying pedophiles use a service for adults in the hopes that someone lied about their age and look adult enough to pass as 18 and pedophiles target this demographic of adult-looking 16 year olds? Sounds convoluted.

6 hours ago, Trixanity said:

So you're saying pedophiles use a service for adults in the hopes that someone lied about their age and look adult enough to pass as 18 and pedophiles target this demographic of adult-looking 16 year olds? Sounds convoluted.

I was just pointing out that requiring an .edu email address is a good way to prevent underage kids of joining the app.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

On 23/08/2018 at 3:03 AM, peanuts104 said:

Isn't dealing with perverts part of online dating?  I'm a guy and even I have to deal with unwanted and unsolicited stuff.

I guess I fail to see the point of this app, especially since it's not university specific.  If it had a way to filter by university, then it'd make more sense to me.

oof looks like someones not getting many matches

1 hour ago, patrick3027 said:

I was just pointing out that requiring an .edu email address is a good way to prevent underage kids of joining the app.

Of course. I'm just messing around.

I don't really see a prob with this tbh.

Tinder is pulling a reverse Facebook which is nice. Use of edu addresses filters out people posing and keeps the focus on trying to find someone at your University.

In other news, research studies show drastic increase in STD transmission and Pregnancies at the local Universities. More on this at 11. Back to you Martha....

On 8/22/2018 at 2:21 AM, AluminiumTech said:

I realize that modern america (amongst other countries) is highly addicted to sex and dating but this is just too far......

America is actually ones of the few places where being vocal and open about sex is around upon....

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

HIV is big problem in my area.

Did you know we have flesh eating STDs now? Thanks to the pill...

Hookup culture perpetuates this kind of behavior.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx