iBattery

iInspection

iWindshield

iSeats

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

This is so silly. 

So if i break my iPhone, get it fixed by a third-party who does a really bad job, it's Apple's fault, not even that but i'm entitles to a brand new one, instead of one thats been fixed properly and in great condition. 

SOOO... If I bought and then dropped and Iphone and cracked the screen and had it fixed at a local shop because there are no Apple stores in my area, and then a "Touch disease" like defect occurred in my phone, and it was under warranty, are you telling me that I should not be entitled to a new phone or at least a repair?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

1 hour ago, Sypran said:

Im starting to imagine if Apple made a car:
You'd need to bring it to an 'Apple Garage' to change the oil, rotate the tires, change out the battery, or just pass inspection.
Don't have an Apple Garage near you? Don't worry you can have your car towed.
If you want to be an authorized 3rd party Garage, that means you can only do basic servicing (the ones mentioned above). If something else happened to the car like: Windshield damage, or replacing the seats. You ( The authorized 3rd party) cannot replace those. you must send it to Apple, or you will lose your certification.

- Correct me if Im wrong. But I do seem to recall that being a thing.
Authorized 3rd party iPhone repair shops can only do certain things to the iPhone. They cannot for example: re-solder chips where solder joints have broken for whatever reason. And there is no level of Apple Authorization that would let a 3rd party repair shop do such a thing, even if they have the proper equipment and former Apple employees who were 100% trained to do such things.

They are working on the car.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

This is so silly. 

So if i break my iPhone, get it fixed by a third-party who does a really bad job, it's Apple's fault, not even that but i'm entitles to a brand new one, instead of one thats been fixed properly and in great condition. 

if you break your phone, get it fixed by a third party, works great, then apple releases an update that breaks your phone cause apple was salty about the third party bit, yeah, you are entitled to a refund. Apple broke it. Not the third party.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

They are working on the car.

... I completely forgot about that.
and I hope none of what I said comes true.

1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

Apple broke it. Not the third party.

And that's exactly what the ACCC determined.  The 3rd party repairer did not break the phone nor cause the problem, which is why the problem must be addressed under warranty.  

I am not sure why people are ignoring the fact the ACCC stipulated that if a 3rd party broke the device or used 3rd party hardware that apple isn't responsible for that.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

And that's exactly what the ACCC determined.  The 3rd party repairer did not break the phone nor cause the problem, which is why the problem must be addressed under warranty.  

I am not sure why people are ignoring the fact the ACCC stipulated that if a 3rd party broke the device or used 3rd party hardware that apple isn't responsible for that.

because it's never Apple's fault. It's everyone who is at fault (or holding it wrong)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

53 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Or take it to a local shop with a 2 hour turn around....

Depending on issue

I've given up on the issue. Too many notifications. Just going to say that going to an Apple Store, I got a whole new iPhone, which isn't even made anymore, for free because of damage under warranty in one hour all ready, whilst at PBTech (now Cellotech in Dunedin, same people though) they always took a day or two to finish the job, and wasn't a good job either. It's a mixed bag. (Don't ever go to Cellotech if ur in Dunedin, overpriced). 

5 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

thats not how people work though.

if your car breaks down, you take it to your mechanic, you dont go searching for the manufacturers card yard to have it serviced, especially if there is not one in your area

It’s free though. Apple sends you an empty repair shipping box. You just put in your device and drop off at post office or mail depot and it gets sent back to Apple.

I’m also in Ireland and not a single Apple store here; and got my old college MacBook fixed for free at a service provider within a day. Just took a bus trip. 

I wouldn’t take my graphics card or  thinkpad to random guy in a computer shop to repair just because it’s a little cheaper and more convenient than getting it done correctly. Never mind if any of my pc parts go; I’m always out of pocket shipping those for RMA. 

At least apple covers the shipping; and there are authorised places to go to where I am.

I don’t think it’s reasonable for any company to get fined if a 3rd party place botches a repair and does more damage.

If my laptop gets damage at a random PC shop during repair; it’s their fault. Not Dell or IBM’s responsibility to replace that.

Just like if a 3rd party mechanic damages my car; I can’t have a go at Ford to compensate, or replace the car.

Now if the issue was under warranty; then there is mail in and authorised providers to get the job done. 

Sure a mail in with a few days to a week turnaround is better than a 3rd party; smashed device and hassle of days or more then trying to get that sorted and only then going to Apple’s repair options. 

These customers were also in the US; mail in the service providers are a plenty. Even some Best Buys and the like can do repairs.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

2 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

I don’t think it’s reasonable for any company to get fined if a 3rd party place botches a repair and does more damage.

thats the thing, they DIDN'T botch the repair. the repair was fine, the phones worked, apple released an update the bricked phones that had not been repaired by genuine apple parts because these repair shops can't obtain them because of apples ridiculous policies

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

thats the thing, they DIDN'T botch the repair. the repair was fine, the phones worked, apple released an update the bricked phones that had not been repaired by genuine apple parts because these repair shops can't obtain them because of apples ridiculous policies

The same update that was fixed within a week later by another update? 

Goes back to my final point; why waste the time and effort if you’re in a country with abundance of authorised repair options. Less hassle in the end. 

Theyre lucky the places even used working displays. If you go to a 3rd party in Ireland or the UK you’re mostly getting a fake screen with non working home button on the iPhone 7 or 8; because  it’s just normal display glass and no ribbon cable and connection for an actual haptic home button. 

1 minute ago, Valentyn said:

The same update that was fixed within a week later by another update? 

Doesn't matter. Under Australian Consumer Law, they were not allowed to do what they did and then also refused to repair the devices of those affected. It's only now that they have been fined that they are offering this, otherwise they would have been perfectly happy to let people buy all new devices

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

4 minutes ago, asus killer said:

couldn't we just call Trump's space force and let them handle this? just an idea.

You have used this iPhone outside of Earth's atmosphere. iPhones are only allowed to operate within the atmosphere, preferably with Apple approved iAir™. This iPhone will now brick itself, please buy a new one from your nearest Apple store NOW!

1 minute ago, Sierra Fox said:

Doesn't matter. Under Australian Consumer Law, they were not allowed to do what they did and then also refused to repair the devices of those affected. It's only now that they have been fined that they are offering this, otherwise they would have been perfectly happy to let people buy all new devices

Only offering it now? The update that fixed the display issue was a week after the original update caused the issue. It wasn’t because they were fined though. 

That (the fine) was just processed through the courts courts because it was already in there. Even after the issue was resolved globally via an update.

Maybe I’m too patient; then again few Irish people throw a fit and go to court if our issues are resolved in a timely manner. 

2 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

You have used this iPhone outside of Earth's atmosphere. iPhones are only allowed to operate within the atmosphere, preferably with Apple approved iAir™. This iPhone will now brick itself, please buy a new one from your nearest Apple store NOW!

It won’t brick itself! It’ll cause a controlled combustion that would propel you back towards earth to face judgement!

4 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

It won’t brick itself! It’ll cause a controlled combustion that would propel you back towards earth to face judgement!

I think you mean the Galaxy Note 7 SE (Space Edition), it comes with it's own oxygen supply so it can burn in a vacuum.

4 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Only offering it now? The update that fixed the display issue was a week after the original update caused the issue. It wasn’t because they were fined though. 

That (the fine) was just processed through the courts courts because it was already in there. Even after the issue was resolved globally via an update.

Maybe I’m too patient; then again few Irish people throw a fit and go to court if our issues are resolved in a timely manner. 

Australia has very strong consumer laws.  Fixed or not, he ACCC really don't take lightly to  any company misrepresenting consumer law.  There is no excuse as the Iphone ships with a note explaining that it comes with consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian law. 

Where apple broke the law:

1. released an update that caused a product to cease working. Knowing it would do so and knowing it was against Australian consumer law to do so.

2. told consumers there products weren't covered under any warranties knowing that was against Australian consumer law.

3. got caught being cunts.  Not officially against Australian consumer law but pretty bloody close.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

They can't guarantee the quality of the repair from a unauthorised service centre, so why should they supply the part. If it's a bad repair, they are going to get blamed for the issue anyway. It's why they have the authorisation process. If the average consumer gets an issue after they repair their phone, they are most likely to go to the repairer. Can't really blame Apple for not wanting to assist repairers who aren't guaranteed to know to be able to install it at all. 

Did you see what THE APPLE STORE did to that guys $10,000 dollar iMac Pro?

People like you are the reason why Apple keep doing exactly what they do, they don't need to authorise repair centers, they don't need to provide board schematics, they don't need to provide parts, they don't need to fix problems caused by their own bad designs, they can continue to overcharge people, they can continue to tell people that perfectly repairable items cannot be repaired and they can continue to push their planned obsolescence business model without anyone questioning them.

Why is that you ask? Because they know that no matter what they do their loyal fanbase will white knight them everywhere possible.

Even after a court found their actions to be illegal under Australian law you're still here defending them and claiming they're not to blame for what happened.

deluded

adjective

believing things that are not real or true:

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

I've given up on the issue. Too many notifications. Just going to say that going to an Apple Store, I got a whole new iPhone, which isn't even made anymore, for free because of damage under warranty in one hour all ready, whilst at PBTech (now Cellotech in Dunedin, same people though) they always took a day or two to finish the job, and wasn't a good job either. It's a mixed bag. (Don't ever go to Cellotech if ur in Dunedin, overpriced). 

I think you missed the part where people expressed not having access to an Apple certified repair center locally, going to them is the best choice if available otherwise sending the phone away is not a realistic option. Lots of people now days do not have a land line and the only communication device they have is that mobile phone, other than internet based IM which is not good enough for actual life stuff.

Then there is the other issue of actually trusting and knowing a local place with superior workmanship and customer service who for what ever reason are not Apple certified, like my car I take it to my place I trust not the one my car insurance wants me to take it to and they let me do that. If car insurance can do it Apple can.

Apple only ever has to warranty their own workmanship, supplying certified parts to a non certified repairer does not transfer the workmanship guarantee to Apple. That simply is not a thing for anything, phones or cars or house building. Unless the part is faulty Apple has no part in it, if the repairer brakes the part they have to pay for it. It's not like you can request replacement parts no questions asked especially after just getting the exact same part a day ago.

Apple wants complete control end to end which only works well in very large cities, once you start dealing with locations well away from distribution centers, large populations etc that model gets really expensive for Apple so they just cut it back meaning worse support for those people.

It's really simple and every other company has figured it out, certify the part not the repair, unless you are actually doing the repair.

9 minutes ago, leadeater said:

It's really simple and every other company has figured it out, certify the part not the repair, unless you are actually doing the repair.

Or at the very least request the repairer is actually a business and not a DIY job.

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

Australia has very strong consumer laws.  Fixed or not, he ACCC really don't take lightly to  any company misrepresenting consumer law.  There is no excuse as the Iphone ships with a note explaining that it comes with consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian law. 

Where apple broke the law:

1. released an update that caused a product to cease working. Knowing it would do so and knowing it was against Australian consumer law to do so.

2. told consumers there products weren't covered under any warranties knowing that was against Australian consumer law.

3. got caught being cunts.  Not officially against Australian consumer law but pretty bloody close.

They aren’t that strong from what I’ve read; less time than Irish 6 year minimum also. 

I chalk it up to different temperaments really. Guess the Irish are too easy going in all this lol. Especially with point 3 of yours. 

Our courts would have chucked it out after it was fixed without additional costs to the consumer.  

1 minute ago, Valentyn said:

They aren’t that strong from what I’ve read; less time than Irish 6 year minimum also. 

I chalk it up to different temperaments really. Guess the Irish are too easy going in all this lol. Especially with point 3 of yours. 

Our courts would have chucked it out after it was fixed without additional costs to the consumer.  

What additional costs to the consumer?  It didn't cost the consumers anything for the ACCC to to take apple to task for intentionally breaking the law.  This is how it is supposed to work.