And i look skinnier right? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Eat less, move more.

That's all it takes.

Linus is my fetish.

20 minutes ago, wasab said:

And i look skinnier right? 

Hard to tell with just a head photo.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Being a broke Uni student who lives 2.5 hours from their uni really helps; always hungry and tired.

I haven't weighed myself since Janurary, but I think I'm down to about 60kg, I was around 65kg last year.

ATM, my lunch consists of an apple, a Mandarin , a carrot and a muesli bar, breakfast is mostly just an apple, and I have about 2 or 3 coffees a day. I also walk a lot. Very much not sustainable.

On 5/12/2018 at 3:43 PM, Cyberspirit said:

If I was living alone that would be pretty nice but, sadly I live with my family so I can't just run up and down the stairs all day.

How do you count all that stuff out? I'm sorry for my ignorance.

Well the city I live in is pretty flat but the place I work at is at the other end of the city so for starters walking to work doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Though, I could only do that every second week because I work in two shifts.

[Deleted]

Cycling is such a great idea. I like it better than the gym because you're not being awkwardly watched by strangers while you sweat and there's a decent amount of airflow so you don't sweat as much. I'm not sure if you have a bike path or a walking path around where you live, but that's one of the best places to ride. There are no cars and there are usually few people. I like to ride right around 5:00 because I can come home and shower, have dinner and do any homework or extra chores. Even if you don't have an expensive bike you can ride exercise on the bike. A bike is a bike as long as it fits well, is maintained, and isn't going to fall apart in the next few minutes.

In terms of losing weight besides just exercising, just try to stay on your feet and active. If you sit down a lot for maybe a job or some other reason, take breaks and get up. One thing that I like to remember, even though it's not completely related, is to sit up straight. I just feel a lot better and more energetic rather than feeling like a bean bag that is folded over my laptop.

One more thing, if you have trouble keeping motivated then set a schedule and ask friends and family to help you keep with the schedule. This schedule could be for anything. It could be for eating right, sleeping (sleep is really good just for health in general), and exercising.

EDIT: just a note, I feel that eating less is not a solution unless you are eating more than 2500 calories a day (2000 for someone who is un-active).

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

I got into walking after going to multiple countries. Recently i went to Spain for 4 days. I walked at least 21km which is 13 miles. The most I walked was 30km. That's how I got into walking. :) Today I'm going for a walk. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

10 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:
  • avoid drinking beer 
  • cut down the refined carbohydrates (white rice, white bread, etc)
  • do not drink your carbs, swap the juice or pepsi with purified water. 
  • instead of eating three heavy meals a day, try eating five light meals a day to improve satiety 
  • avoid fast food 
  • eat avocados if you can 
  • combine resistance and cardio exercises (at least 30 minutes a day) 
  • adding salt is fine but not too much as it can cause bloating and water retention so limit intake when 
  • If you're going to a coffee shop like Starbucks, don't buy the Frappuccino since it's not actually coffee but it's mostly sugar 
  • Set reasonable but attainable weight loss goals (either losing 0.5 lbs or 1 lb a day)
  • avoid the buffet table if you can 
  • increase intake of fruits and vegetables 
  • some studies suggest that drinking green tea might help in boosting metabolism so why not (just don't drink it 3 hours before or after taking dairy products)

And lastly...

• Think of that one person you hate the most and use that as an inspiration. Whether it's an ex who cheated on you or anyone you have a beef with. :P

Spoiler
  • I very rarely drink anything so that shouldn't be a problem
  • I've been eating less bread, in general, this year and while I like rice I don't eat it that often 
  • I pretty much only drink bottled water and coffee nowadays (Tap water here is terrible)
  • Never really had a schedule for eating. I just do whenever but, I know that's not a good thing
  • Haven't eaten fast foods for a long time now (Though I do eat some frozen stuff every now and then)
  • Are avocados really that healthy?
  • I think I'll start with the simple stuff like walking and cycling to move out of my comfort zone
  • We don't have Starbucks here I just drink some instant coffee like 2-3 times a day (I need it for work)
  • I don't care if it takes a long time I just want to lose weight
  • I don't go to buffets so I should be fine there :D
  • Does it matter what fruits or vegetables I eat? I really should eat more of them that's for sure
  • Not a huge fan of tea but I could try that

9 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

This is how you become anorexic by always going into starvation mode.

If were to eat 2800 k calories and burn 3000 calories every day my body would lose lean muscle, not fat.  The male body needs its own intake of at least 1500-1800 k calories a day, women need 1200-1400, to function properly.   And an excess if you're burning outside of its normal function.  Just burning all of that and more = starvation mode.  If the human body intakes less than 1200 k calories to function it goes into starvation mode.

Oh boy, it's going to be hard to keep track of all these numbers every day.

4 hours ago, Bigbootyjudy said:

Cycling is such a great idea. I like it better than the gym because you're not being awkwardly watched by strangers while you sweat and there's a decent amount of airflow so you don't sweat as much. I'm not sure if you have a bike path or a walking path around where you live, but that's one of the best places to ride. There are no cars and there are usually few people. I like to ride right around 5:00 because I can come home and shower, have dinner and do any homework or extra chores. Even if you don't have an expensive bike you can ride exercise on the bike. A bike is a bike as long as it fits well, is maintained, and isn't going to fall apart in the next few minutes.

In terms of losing weight besides just exercising, just try to stay on your feet and active. If you sit down a lot for maybe a job or some other reason, take breaks and get up. One thing that I like to remember, even though it's not completely related, is to sit up straight. I just feel a lot better and more energetic rather than feeling like a bean bag that is folded over my laptop.

One more thing, if you have trouble keeping motivated then set a schedule and ask friends and family to help you keep with the schedule. This schedule could be for anything. It could be for eating right, sleeping (sleep is really good just for health in general), and exercising.

EDIT: just a note, I feel that eating less is not a solution unless you are eating more than 2500 calories a day (2000 for someone who is un-active).

I like cycling but, I haven't done it in a long time. As for bike paths we only have a 3,2Km long path but, that's next to the main road so, I guess that's not optimal.

I sit down a lot because I work as a QC and when I get home I usually just sit down and play some games or watch some videos so, I'm really lazy.

Sleeping I always had problems with but, that's mostly my own fault.

8 hours ago, killcomic said:

I've lost over 7 kilos by walking about 5Km per day and using stairs instead of lifts. No need to run, just walk at a brisk pace.

When I go to work, I get off one station before my destination and walk the rest of the way.

During my lunch hour, I go for a 20 minute walk.

I haven't really stopped eating anything in particular, but I've never been a fan of fried or sugary foods to start with. 

The place I work at is 3,1 Km away from me but, I can't be bothered to walk there at 5 am. So I think I'll go with a bicycle instead.

Edited by Cyberspirit

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

These are all great suggestions, but I've got a simple one. Chew your food. Don't swallow until it's in a very mooshy form. That's usually between 20-30 chews per bite. It's harder than it sounds though. When you aren't thinking about it, you'll go back to your regular chewing habits.

Studies showed more nutrients were retained and 10% fewer calories were absorbed when people switched from 10 chews per bite to 30 per bite. It remained true regardless of the food type or body weight of the person eating. Combine that with healthy eating and exercise and you'll really speed up the weight loss.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

11 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Being a broke Uni student who lives 2.5 hours from their uni really helps; always hungry and tired.

I haven't weighed myself since Janurary, but I think I'm down to about 60kg, I was around 65kg last year.

ATM, my lunch consists of an apple, a Mandarin , a carrot and a muesli bar, breakfast is mostly just an apple, and I have about 2 or 3 coffees a day. I also walk a lot. Very much not sustainable.

That’s when your excess body fat comes in handy :) 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

This is my diet plan that made me lose 40 pounds in 5 months.

drink 1 L milk each morning(fat free)

eat 3 eggs, cook it however you want but don’t burn it and don’t deep fry. 

For lunch, skip. Who eats lunch anyway? Drink 2 liters of carbonated dihydrogen monoxide if you can’t resist the hunger.

dinner is the main meal. Eat 28oz (more or less depending on your muscle mass and body weight) of fat free, skinless chicken breasts seasoned with lemon pepper. Grill, broil, sautéed, however you like to cook them but NO deep fry. Use canola, olive brand mixed oil for sautéed. 

Lastly, prepare a salad for your chicken breasts. Use these leafy greens. 

Romaine lettuce, spinage, broccoli, sqush, and tomatoes. Dressed it with one spoon of olive oil and two spoons of slightly sweetened rice vinegar. That will give a full dose of daily essential vitamins, minerals, and also antidioxiants so you don’t die of cancer. Chicken breasts will give you all the essential protein and amino acids to fight nutrition deficiency and minizme muscle loss while your body is under calorie deficit.

Weight lose is 75% diet so I won’t stress on exercise too much but still do it to maintain fitness and good metabolism.

what I did was speed walking 40 minutes each day at first week then1 hour speed walking the 2nd then 15 minutes jog and 45 speed walking the week next. 40 minutes straight jogging each day next week, increasing to an average of one hour jog per day. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

10 minutes ago, wasab said:

drink 1 L milk each morning(fat free)

Be careful with that. Lots of skim milk is packed with sugar. Sugar prevents you from burning any fat because it makes your body produce insulin.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

13 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Be careful with that. Lots of skim milk is packed with sugar. Sugar prevents you from burning any fat because it makes your body produce insulin.

Better than regular milk which has just as much if not more sugar. Also, nutrition contents of milk far outweighs the sugar intake

Sudo make me a sandwich 

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Actually, you can lose weight eating whatever you want if you find your BMR and make sure your actual intake is at a deficit.  

Again, your body needs at least 1200 k calories to function properly.  Males, again, need between 1500 and 1800.  Women need 1200-1400.  I'd suggest a 20 percent deficit.

As I mentioned before the problem with eating garbage foods or drinking soda to hit these marks increases your risk of heart disease.  

Another thing to note is that when you lose excessive amounts of weight it's usually either water weight if you're doing it right, or lean muscles if you put your body into starvation mode because muscle does weigh more than fat as does water.

My suggestion to OP, if they don't want to workout as much as I do is to eat healthy up to around 1800 k calories then losing maybe 100-200 through basic activities.

True but losing weight in the most heathlly manner is the key. If you just want to lose weight then you can for all intents and purposes cut off an arm and you would lose quite a few pounds.

eating salads easily ensures you keep calories in check while if you are eating deep fry, this would be downright difficult.

also, calories deficit doesn’t mean a holocaust concentration camp diet. You still need good amount of protein and fat to make sure your body are not breaking down your vital organs and tissues for energy. You still need vitamins, minerals regardless too.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Eat less more often. You don't have to do tons of exercise; it's amazing for overall 'feeling good' but not necessary just to lose weight. If you eat salad 4 times a day you'll lose weight really quickly. Also only drink water - and lots of it.

Overall I believe that it is much more effective to focus on how you feel rather than just the number on the scale. A lot of diets work but it's not something you want to keep up for a long time.

That's an F in the profile pic

15 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Actually, you can lose weight eating whatever you want if you find your BMR and make sure your actual intake is at a deficit.  

1) BMR is BS. That's why most doctors don't use it anymore.

2) Look into how insulin works. :)

4 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Eat less more often. You don't have to do tons of exercise; it's amazing for overall 'feeling good' but not necessary just to lose weight. If you eat salad 4 times a day you'll lose weight really quickly. Also only drink water - and lots of it.

Overall I believe that it is much more effective to focus on how you feel rather than just the number on the scale. A lot of diets work but it's not something you want to keep up for a long time.

You also need to eat shit tons of protein or else your body will start feeding on its own muscle! You don’t bloody want that

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, wasab said:

You also need to eat shit tons of protein or else your body will start feeding on its own muscle! You don’t bloody want that

I suppose. But my point is to eat in non-shit manner and without a lot of effort you will lose a bunch of weight and feel better

That's an F in the profile pic

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Um, excessive protein can also turn to fat.  If I were to sit on my ass and drink whey supplements all day I'd put on fat.

How when your body is in calorie deficit? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

2)  That's only if you don't burn it, though.

I think we were maybe on different pages. I guess I wasn't clear. I just meant in general don't suggest starting the day out with milk if it's high in sugar (obviously not all of it is), because the person may try to do that but not exercise. It's potentially a step backwards. That's what I meant when I said "be careful" rather than "don't do that".

18 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Okay, so I am at 1600 k calories.  I then drink 4 six star whey supplement servings, right?  1600+180+180+180+180=2320 which is above my calorie needs.  I now put on a mix of water weight and fat, not muscle.

Now, if you were to burn that back down to a deficit then yes or if you stay in the deficit then yes.  I would honestly suggest protein over sugar, though.  But, lots of supplements do have sugar and other crap in them too.

To be able to take in fewer kcal than you are used to, and not letting your hunger take over in some situations, would you suggest eating few, medium sized meals or more, smaller sized meals during a day?

48 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Okay, so I am at 1600 k calories.  I then drink 4 six star whey supplement servings, right?  1600+180+180+180+180=2320 which is above my calorie needs.  I now put on a mix of water weight and fat, not muscle.

Now, if you were to burn that back down to a deficit then yes or if you stay in the deficit then yes.  I would honestly suggest protein over sugar, though.  But, lots of supplements do have sugar and other crap in them too.

Well, if you have calorie surplus then of course your body will turn it into fat but I am talking about cutting muscle mass lost while losing weight. I just don’t see how fat can increase. It can stay the same if the body is burning 100% protein which is impossible because body likes to burn energy from all three sources of protein, carb, and fat but increasing is like purely violating the laws of physics. 

My my diet plan has the following calories:

1L milk = 400. 3 eggs = 210

Salad with fat and vinegar I ball park it at 230.

28 oz chicken breasts = 658 calories

together is 1498 calories. For 2400 standard recommendation for adult male, that is enough to be burning fat, instead of gaining.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 2018-05-12 at 11:26 PM, Cyberspirit said:

So far I stopped drinking sodas and started eating less but, that's about it.

This will probably do the most! :) i did the same and lost 8kg so thats "easy" now i need to move more to lose the rest :) 

6 hours ago, wasab said:

That’s when your excess body fat comes in handy :) 

I don't really have much of that, and last time I did, I was about a year old. I also kinda don't anyway.