"Recent Tags" Suggestion drop when @'ing Forum Members

TVwazhere

This is probably a suggestion to pass to devs

So, lets say I want to tag @Legendarypoet in this status. I'm a lazy guy, and hate having to type Legendary and then a P for his name to come up (not your fault) because there's so many Legendary Surnames that his name doesnt even come up until you type in P. Additionally, if members are constantly replying to each other and using tags *cough* statuses *cough*, it would be helpful to have a "Recently tagged member" Dropdown when the @ sign is used. Perhaps a top 3 so as not to be ridiculously long. 

image.png.4c1780de905362831e1bf5c145f00586.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

This is probably a suggestion to pass to devs

Makes sense, but the chances of IPS implementing this feature are 1 in a billion. :P

Edited by PCGuy_5960

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, Legendarypoet said:

Luckily @tvw is all it take for you and @pcgu is all it take for @PCGuy_5960 and @tjc for @tjcater

Though it's annoying to have to type @energyc for @Energycore  and @ashie to get to @Ashiella and @iamdar for @iamdarkyoshi

You're lucky you dont have to tag yourself! Also at one point I considered taging lots of random people but i decided against it because I thought it would a bit of a dick move

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, germgoatz said:

oh my god.

What? I like hara—talking to those people regularly.

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

You're lucky you dont have to tag yourself! Also at one point I considered taging lots of random people but i decided against it because I thought it would a bit of a dick move

I feel like you're trying to tell me something.

3 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

Me too!

Spoiler

$22.99 headphones (Don't unplug me)

image.png

Just now, Legendarypoet said:

I feel like you're trying to tell me something.

I have to type @legendaryp to get to you

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

No wonder you just don't respond most of the time. Well now I'm not sad about it.

P.S. @tjcater, you can stop w/ the headphones. I'm assuming that's what's in there. I'm never expanding your spoiler thing.

9 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Makes sense, but the chances of IPS implementing this feature are 1 in a million. :P

I mean it's about as good of odds as the devs changing the notifications so we dont get 24 "[person] has replied to a status update" messages with no context on which one, nor do they condense for the same status. 

No wonder you just don't respond most of the time. Well now I'm not sad about it.

:(

I do respond, but I usually don't tag you because of this xD

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Why do think I used you as the example? Because I like you or something?

Anyway @colonel_mortis when you respond to this go ahead and lock it. This could very easily go sideways

I just have to type @(ctrl+c ctrl+v) to get to any of your names.

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

I mean it's about as good of odds as the devs changing the notifications so we dont get 24 "[person] has replied to a status update" messages with no context on which one, nor do they condense for the same status. 

Well, of course they aren't going to fix that. These are the new features coming with the next "big" update:

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/invision-community-43-r1055/

(:/)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

8 minutes ago, Energycore said:

:(

I do respond, but I usually don't tag you because of this xD

I'll start a change.org petition and if enough people sign it, we can come to a mutual agreement to change my name.

I'll start a change.org petition and if enough people sign it, we can come to a mutual agreement to change my name.

That can only be done with Admin approval, and that's usually very rare and specific circumstances that they allow it. 

This has been known to not work in the past

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

That can only be done with Admin approval, and that's usually very rare and specific circumstances that they allow it. 

This has been known to not work in the past

I said this with full knowledge of that lol.

It was a long, drawn out way of saying "deal with it" lol.

26 minutes ago, tjcater said:

Me too!

Reveal hidden contents

$22.99 headphones (Don't unplug me)

image.png

Nah you just need a cpu upgrade.

30 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

Thanks dad. Mine isnt that hard tho.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

26 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Well, of course they aren't going to fix that. These are the new features coming with the next "big" update:

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/invision-community-43-r1055/

(:/)

Didn't even notice the emoji button, this whole time I thought people just knew the shortcut to type them from some random place xD

How close does LTT stay to the newer versions?

11 minutes ago, tjcater said:

Not sure, right now the forum is using Invision 4.2. I guess we'll get IPS 4.3 on the beta forum whenever @colonel_mortis has enough time to work on the theme and stuff and soon after that the main forum will be updated.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unfortunately, as has been said above, this isn't something that IPS are likely to get around to.

4 hours ago, tjcater said:

Didn't even notice the emoji button, this whole time I thought people just knew the shortcut to type them from some random place xD

I anticipate that we will update to 4.3 in about July.

HTTP/2 203