Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

25 minutes ago, wANKER said:

Pulled out on 4 times in the space of about 15 minutes.... 

This is why people on motorbicycles think all car drivers are fucking morons 

You look right at me and yet still decide to continue, then when you're in my lane and I'm right up behind you, then you brake 

idk man i drive in london and the amount of rolling hairdryers i've had cut me up at junctions is getting close to triple digits in the last year. no matter how much room you try and give them they still wobble around like they're trying to go under your wheels.

this post was sponsored by folding gang. fold today or be a virgin forever.

15 minutes ago, starcoaster said:

idk man i drive in london and the amount of rolling hairdryers i've had cut me up at junctions is getting close to triple digits in the last year. no matter how much room you try and give them they still wobble around like they're trying to go under your wheels.

Oh there's some absolute moons out there on bikes, especially in London; not saying we're all angels, but I think the ratio of plebs in car drivers is a lot greater than that of bikers 

(Places like London are littered with toss pots on scooters and sports bikes though, who, as you say, need the entire road when riding <10mph and look like they've just smashed 10 pints)

3 minutes ago, wANKER said:

Oh there's some absolute moons out there on bikes, especially in London; not saying we're all angels, but I think the ratio of plebs in car drivers is a lot greater than that of bikers 

(Places like London are littered with toss pots on scooters and sports bikes though, who, as you say, need the entire road when riding <10mph and look like they've just smashed 10 pints)

car morons are either in clapped out toyotas/vauxhalls or brand new executive/luxury cars there's literally no inbetween

this post was sponsored by folding gang. fold today or be a virgin forever.

11 hours ago, JokerProduction said:

Those are crazy the prices you americans are paying for JDM cars.  I imported a bunch 6-10 years ago when all the cars where hitting the canadian 15 year old import rule.  My First JDM i picked up was a ST185 A-spec and paid 7500cad.  Then I bought two ST205s.  A bone stock white 95 with 70k KM and my modified 94 black WRC with 61k(which i have now wracked up to 141k).  Stock one was 6800 and the black was 7500.  Picked up a bone stock 74k 92 mr2 t-top for 3400.  Got another MR2 that only had 25k on it for 5500.  95 Evo III (rip) was 5800.  95 STI RA for 6300.  Although I did import these all myself so that cuts down any middle man and mark up.  Some I got cheaper because I was shipping multiples at a time which made shipping cheaper than using a RORO shipping method for a single car.

I guess most of the LOW km ones would of gone 10 years ago to us because 95k MILES is a shit ton for JDM vehicles.  That one you linked probably would of went for 7-9kcad here max at the time.  I love me the WRC riser blocks the car looks so odd without them.

The US has been slowly losing it's car culture (people only want the exact same crossover in their brand of choice), and the ridiculous 25 year rule makes it really hard to import.

I'm pretty sure my purpose in life is to serve as a warning for others.

11 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

I've had my eye on a Skyline sedan, preferably an R32 with the RB20DET. Can be had with less than 40K Miles on them for 8-14K depending on options, mods, and over all condition

But R32 GTRs are eclipsing 30-35K now, and a couple of the MotoRex R34s sold for 150-200K in the last year. Prices keep climbing and climbing, which I wouldn't have really expected in all honesty

To think, only a couple years ago you could pick up R34 GTRs for £30k.

Now you're lucky to see them listed for less than £50k for rough ones

Hell even an R32 or 33 couldve been had for around £12k.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

I think you can still get R32 GTS-T for like 11k, swap in a RB26 if you really want to. This guy at my work bought one for about that much with the help of a relative and even though its not a GTR they are still super cool and you can go months without seeing one on the road. We should be buying these instead of GTRs until the price falls again. Also import shops need to be more reliable too many of them have sketchy reviews even though their prices are okay. 

W

6/1/2019 at 5:09 PM, JoaoPRSousa said:

i

I can't clear the dumb quote....

Anyone know what this is? 14 Acura RLX wheel.

IMG_20190605_102641.jpg

5 hours ago, Blze001 said:

The US has been slowly losing it's car culture (people only want the exact same crossover in their brand of choice), and the ridiculous 25 year rule makes it really hard to import.

I'd disagree, I see interesting cars all the time.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : Gloway 2400Mhz 8GB CL16 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Does anyone else hate random speed changes on freeways? There's this one section of freeway that is at 45mph, and it's always a PITA to slow down and interrupt the flow of traffic.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : Gloway 2400Mhz 8GB CL16 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

W

-snip-

I can't help but think there's no way that's only for TPMS geez

But I honestly have no idea what it is... and you made me want to know xD

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

2 hours ago, arnavvr said:

Does anyone else hate random speed changes on freeways? There's this one section of freeway that is at 45mph, and it's always a PITA to slow down and interrupt the flow of traffic.

no, but I do hate people slowing down to 20 below the speed limit just because there is a police officer in the median. causes that rubber band effect that slows everyone down and def increases the chances of an accident...

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 hours ago, Bitter said:

W

IMG_20190605_102641.jpg

I'm about 90% sure that is to stop the bead getting in the well when you have a blowout which will keep the tire on the rim.

Pete

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

no, but I do hate people slowing down to 20 below the speed limit just because there is a police officer in the median. causes that rubber band effect that slows everyone down and def increases the chances of an accident...

Those are the same people who will do 20 over when there’s no cops around.

Trust me, it happens way too often where I live.

I usually do 5 over unless its a subdivision or a heavily watched area to keep people from tailgating. 

I am getting the 9-3 2.0T after spending hours looking through the market its one of my best options. I am also going to polish it, something I always wanted to learn maybe I will take some before and after pictures.

1 hour ago, 711jrp said:

I'm about 90% sure that is to stop the bead getting in the well when you have a blowout which will keep the tire on the rim.

So I googled it now that I'm home. @bcredeur97

It's a baffled air chamber to dampen road noise harmonics within the wheel to make the car quieter. Lets them run better bushings without passing road noise to the body and cabin.

1 hour ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

I usually do 5 over unless its a subdivision or a heavily watched area to keep people from tailgating. 

I am getting the 9-3 2.0T after spending hours looking through the market its one of my best options. I am also going to polish it, something I always wanted to learn maybe I will take some before and after pictures.

Watch ammonyc on YouTube for how to do it right. I trust anything that man says... really knows his stuff. (Tho his products cost a small fortune... he at least explains basic dos and don’ts of rubbing anything on a car very well)

59 minutes ago, Bitter said:

So I googled it now that I'm home. @bcredeur97

It's a baffled air chamber to dampen road noise harmonics within the wheel to make the car quieter. Lets them run better bushings without passing road noise to the body and cabin.

I’m seriously impressed. Why has no one ever talked about this before? Seems like a great idea... I wonder how much weight it adds to the wheel 

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Watch ammonyc on YouTube for how to do it right. I trust anything that man says... really knows his stuff. (Tho his products cost a small fortune... he at least explains basic dos and don’ts of rubbing anything on a car very well)

I’m seriously impressed. Why has no one ever talked about this before? Seems like a great idea... I wonder how much weight it adds to the wheel 

Well they're hollow PP plastic so negligible weight.

12 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

To think, only a couple years ago you could pick up R34 GTRs for £30k.

Now you're lucky to see them listed for less than £50k for rough ones

Hell even an R32 or 33 couldve been had for around £12k.

I mean, R32 GTRs when they were first legal for import were going for 18K on average, which wasn't bad at all. Now they're going up and up

10 hours ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

I think you can still get R32 GTS-T for like 11k, swap in a RB26 if you really want to. This guy at my work bought one for about that much with the help of a relative and even though its not a GTR they are still super cool and you can go months without seeing one on the road. We should be buying these instead of GTRs until the price falls again. Also import shops need to be more reliable too many of them have sketchy reviews even though their prices are okay. 

I honestly don't want a GTR, GTST Sedan all day. Have been keeping my eyes on em

7 hours ago, arnavvr said:

Stuff like that is typically for either people that live on that section of road, or speed traps

1 hour ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Can't wait to see that 9-3. I do absolutely love mine

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

9 hours ago, Bitter said:

Its a damper for NVH. All newer upper trim level Hondas have them. With the tire on, drop it on the ground waist height and you won't hear that resonating hum that you usually get on a normal wheel/tire. 

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 16GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 / LG 34GL750 / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2019 Razer Blade Stealth / iPhone X

27 minutes ago, vetali said:

Its a damper for NVH. All newer upper trim level Hondas have them. With the tire on, drop it on the ground waist height and you won't hear that resonating hum that you usually get on a normal wheel/tire. 

Yeah I didn't hear anything when I dropped the wheel/tire on the ground. In fact it didn't even bounce! Of course it was completely flat because their sidewall blew out.

11 hours ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

-snip-

I am getting the 9-3 2.0T 

-snip-

Another SAAB is always nice! You're going to have a good time with that, can't wait to see pictures. 

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

One thing I noticed is the intake snorkel is missing, looking online at pictures of engine bays it seems most dont have one. Should I buy it and where at? Also im not getting the car until later today. 

26 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

One thing I noticed is the intake snorkel is missing, looking online at pictures of engine bays it seems most dont have one. Should I buy it and where at? Also im not getting the car until later today. 

You happen to have a pic of the part?

My 9-3 had a small piece connecting the airbox to the fender, and my 9-5 had the airbox in the fender itself. Both no longer have the stock airbox in favor of open intakes for some great noise

if you ever need parts for that beauty

https://www.esaabparts.com

They run the national Saab museum and it's where I get all of my Saab parts

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

You happen to have a pic of the part?

My 9-3 had a small piece connecting the airbox to the fender, and my 9-5 had the airbox in the fender itself. Both no longer have the stock airbox in favor of open intakes for some great noise

if you ever need parts for that beauty

https://www.esaabparts.com

They run the national Saab museum and it's where I get all of my Saab parts

Yeah the piece connecting it to the fender, I took this from a YouTube video and circled the piece that is missing 

Tube.PNG