Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

8 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Thats a ute not a truck though tbf. Trucks are usually a bit bigger. 

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

So for reference, here's a Ute, an El Camino:

Image result for el camino

I'll repeat.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

4 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

found a pretty nice foreclosed house in the area that I went look at on my lunch break and it seemed nicer than I thought it would be.

getting kinda excited now. going talk to a realtor in the area my dad knows (thank goodness my dad knows so many people around here) tomorrow and look at the inside.

of course will get it inspected and such if it looks good... all the proper things. hope it works out!

it's like a retardly good deal. def gonna have to check all my bases before going for it, but if it's true... holy crap I'll be sitting pretty. It's also 3 bedrooms so I don't see why I couldn't rent out a room to someone at work or something.

@FuzzyYellow @chaozbandit@AlwaysFSX

@warmmilk

Nice! I hope it all works out in your favor. Remember, you'll be the one making sure nothing goes wrong. Stay on top of maintenance.

11 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Kinda have to concede that this is more VEHICLE dependant and not vehicle TYPE dependant. My Dakota can't corner worth shit relative to its size. 

My s10 corners just fine. Need a driver mod homie

[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

8 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Thats a ute not a truck though tbf. Trucks are usually a bit bigger. 

You ever seen an F150 my dude?

Image result for f150 next to f250

150 on left, 250 on the right.

The next step up is a fucking kodiak

Image result for gmc kodiak

[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

Welp I wanted to try and save for a brand new Chevy Cruze LT with the Bose audio system by July of next year but I'm feeling a bit doubtful of that prospect because I lost my job I had for a month and was half way through my 90 day "probation" period of the job because of honestly some bullshit reasons but whatever.

So now I'm hoping to land an acceptable job and try to have money for a 2015 or newer sedan or hatchback Ford Focus Titanium.

Specifically the titanium because of the Sony audio system and I prefer the refreshed Focus to the pre-2015 ones.

I'm gonna probably try and buy it around July next year when I fly to Atlanta to meet my boyfriend who will also be flying out there.

Then drive it home lol

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x
Volume / Normalized  100% / 74% (content loudness 2.7dB)

44 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

So for reference, here's a Ute, an El Camino:

I'll repeat.

A ute is a design of a car not the size though.

32 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

You ever seen an F150 my dude?

150 on left, 250 on the right.

The next step up is a fucking kodiak

Well usually. A ute here is a truck with a bed, some small some big. Thats the way is it. 

9 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Welp I wanted to try and save for a brand new Chevy Cruze LT with the Bose audio system by July of next year but I'm feeling a bit doubtful of that prospect because I lost my job I had for a month and was half way through my 90 day "probation" period of the job because of honestly some bullshit reasons but whatever.

So now I'm hoping to land an acceptable job and try to have money for a 2015 or newer sedan or hatchback Ford Focus Titanium.

Specifically the titanium because of the Sony audio system and I prefer the refreshed Focus to the pre-2015 ones.

I'm gonna probably try and buy it around July next year when I fly to Atlanta to meet my boyfriend who will also be flying out there.

Then drive it home lol

Most OEM stuff is a bit over-puffed anyway. My dad has the Bose system in the Nissan Leaf and its just as good as my system in the Peugeot. Both sound really nice though. I'd focus more on stuff thats not easily changeable like the engine and other stuff. Takes a day at most to install a full audio system. 

3 hours ago, Disgruntled Homer said:

I miss the Prelude and Celica

Why dont you buy them and modify to your liking?

Perhaps a Chevrolet crate ;)

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

A ute is a normal passenger car with the trunk + back seat lopped off and an open bed put in its place.

A truck is something entirely different.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

A ute here is a truck with a bed

Utes aren't trucks.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

Image result for ford falcon ute

Image result for ford falcon australiaPretty sure these things are gonna share a fair number of parts. The whole front end for example.

Yer takin the piss mate

40 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Utes aren't trucks.

Technically, they are. Other way around, not all trucks are utes. Thankfully.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

7 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Short bed half tons are not full size pickups.

Yeah no. A half ton truck is full size. A Dakota is classified as a mid size. So is the ranger/Colorado/canyon. Ask the manufacturer. I’m not gonna post a snip of a google search you can perform on your own.

edit: and a Holden Ute is based off a Commodore, just like every Ute is based off its car counterpart. So it’s a car. With a bed.

thats like calling an Large SUV a wagon just cause it has rear seats and a trunk with a lift gate.......... no.

F@H Team Rank: 42                                                              A single, faster GPU is better than two slower ones in SLI

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

My Truck --- 1998.5 24v Cummins || ECSB || 47RE, Goerend triple disk TC & shift kit || 4" Turbo Back, 22" KMC XD Bombs, Airdog II-4G Lift Pump

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB || Total invested: $360 USD (excluding 1080 Ti)

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Depends on how you define 'truck'. I think that they are called something different for a reason. 

Whatever though.

One thing is for damn sure. An F150 isn't a ute.

44 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

A ute is a normal passenger car with the trunk + back seat lopped off and an open bed put in its place.

A truck is something entirely different.

Utes aren't trucks.

We've already gone though this a few months ago and it differs by region. 

20 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Pretty sure these things are gonna share a fair number of parts. The whole front end for example.

Yer takin the piss mate

I don't know what you're trying to say. Just because half the car is the same doesn't mean the design is the same. 

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I think that they are called something different for a reason.

Just because there is a reason doesn't mean it's a good reason.

Shitrolet calls the Colorado a "mid size" truck despite it being one of the smallest options on market right now, along side the fucking Honda. There's a reason for it. But there isn't a good reason to call a small truck "mid size" when the only trucks smaller are also nearly non existant.

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Just because half the car is the same doesn't mean the design is the same.

No, but the end designs of the two are very similar. The form factors don't permit identical designs, so some changes are necessary.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

No, but the end designs of the two are very similar. The form factors don't permit identical designs, so some changes are necessary.

Like I know it is the same car but just a use version, an XR6 etc, but a different form factor is a different overall design. 

Just now, RorzNZ said:

Like I know it is the same car but just a use version, an XR6 etc, but a different form factor is a different overall design. 

The base design is the same. The design principals are largely the same.

9 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

it differs by region.

And yours is wrong, good day sir.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

]I don't know what you're trying to say. Just because half the car is the same doesn't mean the design is the same. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is show me the part of the vehicle that has a different design between those two Ford Falcons. They're exactly the same platform, more than half of the part numbers will be identical. What's different? it doesn't have back seats? stiffer slightly lifted IRS? maybe a different final drive ratio? Slightly different automatic shift points?

Following your logic the Suburban and the Silverado are two completely different things.

Image result for 2011 quad cab short bed silverado

Image result for blue 2011 suburban

12 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I don't know what you're trying to say. Just because half the car is the same doesn't mean the design is the same. 

So, what? Is a wagon a completely different entity from a sedan just because the back is different? It's the same thing lol.

7 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Shitrolet calls the Colorado a "mid size" truck despite it being one of the smallest options on market right now, along side the fucking Honda. There's a reason for it. But there isn't a good reason to call a small truck "mid size" when the only trucks smaller are also nearly non existant.

Side note here - The actual class of small pick ups kind of went extinct when the Nissan Hardbody and Toyota pick up ended production. You could maybe call the first gen ranger small, but the current Colorado is bigger than even the last gen ranger in the late 2000s.

F@H Team Rank: 42                                                              A single, faster GPU is better than two slower ones in SLI

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

My Truck --- 1998.5 24v Cummins || ECSB || 47RE, Goerend triple disk TC & shift kit || 4" Turbo Back, 22" KMC XD Bombs, Airdog II-4G Lift Pump

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB || Total invested: $360 USD (excluding 1080 Ti)

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I guess what I'm trying to say is show me the part of the vehicle that has a different design between those two Ford Falcons. They're exactly the same platform, more than half of the part numbers will be identical. What's different? it doesn't have back seats? stiffer slightly lifted IRS? maybe a different final drive ratio? Slightly different automatic shift points?

Following your logic the Suburban and the Silverado are two completely different things.

Well, yes. One is a ute, the other isn't. One has a deck, the other doesn't.  The confusion here is that large utes are called pickups in the US, but here they are still utes. Trucks are 4x4s here, and larger trucks used to move goods or stock are still called trucks. Its just colloquialism. 

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Well, yes. One is a ute, the other isn't. One has a deck, the other doesn't.  The confusion here is that large utes are called pickups in the US, but here they are still utes. Trucks are 4x4s here, and larger trucks used to move goods or stock are still called trucks. Its just colloquialism. 

So this isn't a truck?

252892109_NewWheelsSky1Small.png.fd06ab252d52e0179f39b19dbe3ed8ea.png

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Utes have a connected flat deck, trucks do not.

19 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

We've already gone though this a few months ago and it differs by region. 

Using words wrong just because of society is not quite differing by region, it's just being wrong. Trucks have a cab and chassis, sometimes a bed on it. Utes are passenger cars with an open cargo area attached at the back.

Image result for cab and chassis truck

Image result for 2014 f450

Utes can't remove the cargo bed on the back.

4 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

but the current Colorado is bigger than even the last gen ranger in the late 2000s.

And yet still amongst the smallest of recent years.

I don't care that the discontinued Dakota and Ranger were smaller than the current Colorado. That was then, this is now. Because if we follow that trail down the rabbit hole, the Colorado is a comparable size to '30-'50 Chevy half ton pick'em ups. But we stopped figuring those when they became irrelevant.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Utes have a connected flat deck, trucks do not.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/truck

Utes would qualify as small trucks. Unibody or split body is irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

So this isn't a truck?

That's a work of art, sir.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

And yet still amongst the smallest of recent years.

I don't care that the discontinued Dakota and Ranger were smaller than the current Colorado. That was then, this is now. Because if we follow that trail down the rabbit hole, the Colorado is a comparable size to '30-'50 Chevy half ton pick'em ups. But we stopped figuring those when they became irrelevant.

Fair. I don't like Chevy anyways so I'm not quite sure why I'm trying to defend one... Call it whatever you want xD

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

That's a work of art, sir.

Aw shucks, don't make me blush. I seriously need new pictures of my truck... Hopefully it snows soon.