[UPDATE] Apple served with warrant to unlock the Texas shooter’s iPhone SE

captain_to_fire
4 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

I’m sure @Drak3 will create his own currency.

Maybe he's working for the Federal Reserve

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, hey_yo_ said:

updated the OP

The update is pretty cool.

But you're feeding into the tin foil conspiracy. /s

Number 14 isn't that creepy. If you want something secure, why trust it to a company like that? I don't consider anything I have stored on Google Drive to be protected by anything more than my password.

2 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

The update is pretty cool.

But you're feeding into the tin foil conspiracy. /s

Number 14 isn't that creepy. If you want something secure, why trust it to a company like that? I don't consider anything I have stored on Google Drive to be protected by anything more than my password.

I’m aware that Apple has a master password that can unlock any iCloud account. But it seems that number 14 is asking a bit much. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

I’m aware that Apple has a master password that can unlock any iCloud account. But it seems that number 14 is asking a bit much. 

I would assume that information would be limited to the specific accounts, not Apples master keys.

I mean, in context it makes sense. Get the stuff, and I need to be able to decrypt it as well. I don't think Apple is going to copy-paste the content from the account, but problem l probably provide the whole entire package and file structure of the iCloud account.

13 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Not sure if the organs thing was a troll or you being serious. But seeing how you spelled "realize", I'll take it as you being serious.....

Just pointing out that "realise" is a perfectly legitimate way to spell "realize". Both are accepted as correct. Though "realize" is heavily favoured in North America. "Realise" is the preferred spelling outside of North America.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Just pointing out that "realise" is a perfectly legitimate way to spell "realize". Both are accepted as correct. Though "realize" is heavily favoured in North America. "Realise" is the preferred spelling outside of North America.

Thank you; however, I was aware of that beforehand. His organ comment was irrelevant, so I was trying to make a point by responding with a more obviously irrelevant remark.

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

Thank you; however, I was aware of that beforehand. His organ comment was irrelevant, so I was trying to make a point by responding with a more obviously irrelevant remark.

I mean, his entire post was off the rocker... so there's that.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

30 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

English man...

Gray vs Grey

Color vs Colour

etc

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

12 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

English man...

Gray vs Grey

Color vs Colour

etc

Yep it's a clusterfuck.

A lot of it is due to America creating their own dialect, for various historical reasons.

Canada gets caught in the middle, since our version of English closely follows the mother-tongue British English, but because we're next door neighbours with America, some American words and spellings were adopted.

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Yep it's a clusterfuck.

A lot of it is due to America creating their own dialect, for various historical reasons.

Canada gets caught in the middle, since our version of English closely follows the mother-tongue British English, but because we're next door neighbours with America, some American words and spellings were adopted.

I had an argument with my English and Scottish friends about the proper way to pronounce vitamin. Vittamin (American) vs vite-amin (English). The Brits said it's vitt, because it's an I not a y.  Like tyre.. I couldn't tell you the Highlander pronunciation in that one... Gibberish.

1 minute ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I had an argument with my English and Scottish friends about the proper way to pronounce vitamin. Vittamin (American) vs vite-amin (English). The Brits said it's vitt, because it's an I not a y.  Like tyre.. I couldn't tell you the Highlander pronunciation in that one... Gibberish.

The only people I've heard pronounce Vitamin as "Vitt-ah-min" are British folks. We Canadians, along with every American I've heard, says "Vytah-min".

6 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

The only people I've heard pronounce Vitamin as "Vitt-ah-min" are British folks. We Canadians, along with every American I've heard, says "Vytah-min".

The English language, one of the most concretely debated subjects around and yet probably one of the most changing and adaptive of all evolutionary human traits.    

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Apple took the government to court once before. The question is if they will do it again. 

I think they will. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

25 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Next someone's going to say aluminum is aluminium....

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

11 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Apple took the government to court once before. The question is if they will do it again. 

I think they will. 

I get the feeling this is one of those "check in the box' things...

36 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I had an argument with my English and Scottish friends about the proper way to pronounce vitamin.

If I'm not mistaken Western English (and specifically West coast English) is the most phonetically accurate form of English. And it is definitely not "Vitt-ah-min" 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

19 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

If I'm not mistaken Western English (and specifically West coast English) is the most phonetically accurate form of English. And it is definitely not "Vitt-ah-min" 

It's the most closely related to earlier versions of English.  But as a language that evolves all the time, all this means is that when the pilgrims went to America, some of them stopped evolving.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 hours ago, mr moose said:

But as a language that evolves all the time, all this means is that when the pilgrims went to America, some of them stopped evolving.

It is argued that English had become extremely corrupted and the idea that people took English in its earlier, "more pure" form preserved it from the English English perversion of the Language. 

3 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

It is argued that English had become extremely corrupted and the idea that people took English in its earlier, "more pure" form preserved it from the English English perversion of the Language. 

Who is arguing that? How do you  preserve something that evolves and changes naturally?  At which point do you decide that is in the form in which it should be preserved?  

English has never been in a pure form, it has always constantly changed,  new words are added, older words are forgotten and some words changed meaning and pronunciation.   There has never been a single point in history where English has been considered "more pure".   When the English went to America, they simply ended up in a situation where their language evolved less than everywhere else.  Hence why Canadian, Australian, Kiwi, etc all took on their own accents and why English as spoken in the UK has evolved into what it is today. 

https://www.linguisticsociety.org/content/english-changing

Even if Apple was legally forced to build for the FBI a backdoor, how could they even do so? The data on the iPhones (as well as most other Apple devices) are client-side encrypted. That means that the data in the server is practically useless in respect to MITM or data breaches. Also, once the data is encrypted, there is no way to mass-decrypt them via software update; the data becomes useless at that point. The file can only be interpreted ("decrypted") on-the-fly while such files are in use.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Just cut off the shooters finger and put it on the fingerprint sensor. The guy is already dead, so . . . 

Alienware 15 R3

GTX 1070

32 GB RAM

512gb NVME + 1TB HDD

No regrets

8 hours ago, Carlos Andrade said:

Just cut off the shooters finger and put it on the fingerprint sensor. The guy is already dead, so . . . 

If touch ID hasn't been used for 48 hours, the user is forced to use a PIN/passcode to get into the phone.  The authorities know that full well and Apple even got in touch with the FBI within 48 hours of the shooting, probably to remind them about that. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the feds didn't unlock the phone on purpose so that they could have another attempt at forcing Apple to create a backdoor which they could then use on all other phones that they currently can't get in to. 

What if I told you it's not about if the phone has any usable information on it at all?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

17 minutes ago, Yoinkerman said:

What if I told you it's not about if the phone has any usable information on it at all?

Of course it isn't.  This was just a crazy idiot, not someone who meticulously planned his attack with the help of a group of like-minded people.  This phone doesn't have any useful info on it, and the feds know that.

Everyone knew that the San Bernadino phone was a work phone and hence almost certainly would have no personal info on it either.