Post Custom Desktop

I97Computers

So for a new project I have I need a material design background. I didn't want to use anyone else's so I decided to design my own. 

I started out with some simple paper and scissors to design the basic shape of it and how the layering will work because after all material design is a metaphor for paper so I thought it would be appropriate.

eFogo5v.jpg

After that I went into Photoshop and started making a rough design trouble is I can't come up with a good enough color scheme that looks nice yet is still gentle on the eyes (My first choice of colors where way too bright).

Here's my progress so far. What do you guy/gals think? What colors should I have? Any suggestions or comments.

ev9jpLW.jpg

To give you some context this is probably gonna be my desktop background as well

EDIT:

card board-like texture

wmko8eQ.jpg

paper-like texture

1WrvM6m.png

texture-less

97hsmQT.png

LLT colors (somewhat reminds of like a cool looking volcano theme)

GenEuWG.png

Just by accident I found out that blue looks really awesome

OlZvMD2.png

also green was asked for (I tried black but it was too overpowering to add in anything)

ATC55Zj.png

No... I'm not ready for my thread to die, not yet.... nooooo......

looks good nice and modern looking 

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

I like it! Enough to set it as my background. Good job!

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Looks sweet mate, are you rocking that Android 5.0 Lollipop ;) With that hella sexy material design? Anyways, good job. I personally like the mixture of different shades of gray, adds to the overall look and compliments the piece well.

Wanted Build: i5 4690K, Z97-A, Vengeance 16GB, Samsung 256GB SSD, 980TI, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

Keyboard: Blackwidow Chroma Mouse: G502 Headset: Skullcandy PLYR 2 Phone: Samsung S6 Edge Tablet: iPad 2

Investing in becoming a Logitech fanboi?

Sweet. If you like it, I can customize it for anyone who wants it. Like custom colors or whatever

Bruh good work man, my new desktop wallpaper. Hey, maybe even try LTT colors? Black and green?

Looks sweet mate, are you rocking that Android 5.0 Lollipop ;) With that hella sexy material design? Anyways, good job. I personally like the mixture of different shades of gray, adds to the overall look and compliments the piece well.

There's 49 shades ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

myeh?

Theres a bit too much going on imo

That's what I was starting to think.The top left center has a lot going on I might simplify it. Also I'm not finished with it yet. I plan on adding an overall gradient to make it seem like there is an overall lighting and add a paper texture to the strips

There's 49 shades ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hawt!!! <3

Wanted Build: i5 4690K, Z97-A, Vengeance 16GB, Samsung 256GB SSD, 980TI, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

Keyboard: Blackwidow Chroma Mouse: G502 Headset: Skullcandy PLYR 2 Phone: Samsung S6 Edge Tablet: iPad 2

Investing in becoming a Logitech fanboi?

Bruh good work man, my new desktop wallpaper. Hey, maybe even try LTT colors? Black and green?

Like the LTT colors. Just gimme like 30 more min and I should have it just about finished with some more cool stuff

It's neat, and I like how you achieved it with practical effects. (Using paper to design it.) That being said, it doesn't look like much more than layering of random shape layers. It's neat, but I think you actually put in too much effort. .-.

looks fantastic. I wouldnt mind a black and red one that would stretch nicely over 2 screens at 1080p? ;)

changed some things around and added textures

Which texture do you like better

card board-like texture

wmko8eQ.jpg

paper-like texture

1WrvM6m.png

Or texture-less

97hsmQT.png

Also the ltt colors are coming.

looks fantastic. I wouldnt mind a black and red one that would stretch nicely over 2 screens at 1080p?  ;)

By black and red do you want a primary of red or a primary of black

Edit:

LLT colors (somewhat reminds of like a cool looking volcano theme)

GenEuWG.png

Just by accident I found out that blue looks really awesome

OlZvMD2.png

It's neat, and I like how you achieved it with practical effects. (Using paper to design it.) That being said, it doesn't look like much more than layering of random shape layers. It's neat, but I think you actually put in too much effort. .-.

Yeah I usually put too much effort into a lot of things I do, but making things entertains me more than anything else so it doesn't really feel like work

You are the material design god. Absolutely freak out when I see material design, especially when it's red and black.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Red as in MSI red and predominantly black.. Or similar to your grey, black (dark grey) and blue but just MSI red

Red as in MSI red and predominantly black.. Or similar to your grey, black (dark grey) and blue but just MSI red

Here you go (I couldn't find a good way to incorporate blue into it so I made a bunch of different versions and I couldn't put blue in the paper strips because that goes against the design of the work. The strips are only allowed to be three different shades of one color) I also redesigned it to be twice the length.

just red.

7cZBNcK.png

red and blue 1

xmN5UYb.png

red and blue 2

67GyFnv.png

red and blue 3

dVQz2Ee.png

red and blue 4

bXlrxIk.png

I just found something really weird when I few an image at full resolution on my computer it looks perfectly sharp and fine like this:

xpL1OZn.png

but when I set it to my desktop it looks like this

rJIvPSS.png

See the blurry and distorted pixles! This really bothers me. Does anyone know how to fix this or what's wrong? They are both the same size. It's not scaling because the picture is already 1920x1080 the size of my monitor 

TnBbgYH.jpg

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

If you have a PC master race wallpaper, i will judge you. 

1dt_Df_GO.jpg

I made those Gigabyte Wallpapers myself and I'm currently using the Windforce one  :) 

gigabyteg1gamingwallp6cjdq.png

gigabytewindforcewallb8kt3.png