Amd nvdia intel rant

jjohnthedon1
Just now, Damascus said:

Nah, most eople will be like "yeah, they've been shitting the bed for years"

haha ok u make a post now sayin i7 7700k is wank, discuss ...

and see what replies u get =p

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

2 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

haha ok u make a post now sayin i7 7700k is wank, discuss ...

and see what replies u get =p

No, for the most part people only have issues with your well-thought-out posts.  You often try to make that into and Intel vs AMD thing as you are now, but it's nothing more than people taking issue with some of the shit you make up.  

4 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

well i currently feel that intel and nvdia are truly showing there gimpyness right now

Right, but like he says.

9 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

You're basically bitching about market segmentation, which everyone does.  AMD is doing it too not selling you 32 cores for $300. 

<OP's head explodes>

The only reason you aren't getting a 16 core BreadDipper for the same price as the 12 core one (in addition to binning) is because they gimped the 16 core chips to sell them as a lower-tier product, just like every CPU and GPU manufacturer does.

It happens in literally every part of the tech industry, it's like when you buy a Sennheiser HD598 headphone, you're paying for a HD558 with the foam removed.

4 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Right, but like he says.

The only reason you aren't getting a 16 core BreadDipper for the same price as the 12 core one (in addition to binning) is because they gimped the 16 core chips to sell them as a lower-tier product, just like every CPU and GPU manufacturer does.

It happens in literally every part of the tech industry, it's like when you buy a Sennheiser HD598 headphone, you're paying for a HD558 with the foam removed.

they actually didn't, 64 pcie lanes is the max 2 ryzen dies provide, threadripper still supports ecc, the only thing epyc supports that threadripper doesn't that i can think of right now is the extra security stuff, and that is done with an external chip on the substrate.

when people say intel gimps their products they are talking about things like a 600 dollar cpu not supporting the full pcie lanes supported by the board 

Just now, cj09beira said:

they actually didn't, 64 pcie lanes is the max 2 ryzen dies provide, threadripper still supports ecc, the only thing epyc supports that threadripper doesn't that i can think of right now is the extra security stuff, and that is done with an external chip on the substrate.

when people say intel gimps their products they are talking about things like a 600 dollar cpu not supporting the full pcie lanes supported by the board 

My mistake, haven't fully read up on TR yet.

The point still stands that AMD does the same thing though, the OP owns a 1700, AMD charges more for the exact same product renamed as the 1700X yet I don't see any cries of foul play there.

Well, my cpu is intel, my gpu is nvidia, and will pre-order a vega on launch. 

Haters are loud and they love arguments. So it would seem like a lot of hate. 

I think big businesses are more or less the same. AMD isn't doing it because they don't have the luxury and advantage to do it right now. 

Everyone loves money. We all do so as stock holders of big companies. 

Just now, Cookybiscuit said:

The point still stands that AMD does the same thing though, the OP owns a 1700, AMD charges more for the exact same product renamed as the 1700X yet I don't see any cries of foul play there.

people don't complain about faster clocks, or higher core count, people complain about limiting stuff like pcie in a platform that has pcie expandability as one of its main features 

btw: threadripper will boost to 4.2 using xfr and xfr is confirmed to be 4 cores :-)

nVidia > Radeon Graphics, sure the drivers thingy might upset some but oh well...

Now I do agree 100% Intel is full of shit lately.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

39 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Like AMD, don't like ATI. Intel and Nvidea are both indeed greedy. And I doubt that there are that many AMD haters left... Most people with a few brain cells would see AMD as a positive thing. (not looking at ATI)

The ATI brand has been dead for years. Not sure why you specifically don't like AMD's gpu department though, they have delivered some pretty good products in the last few years.

30 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

You're basically bitching about market segmentation, which everyone does.  AMD is doing it too not selling you 32 cores for $300. 

<OP's head explodes>

Technically that's not true, threadripper contains 4 times more silicon than ryzen 7. What you could say is tha the ryzen 3 chips are the same as the ryzen 7 ones, although bear in mind that it's not necessarily intentional gimping - not all chips are created equal and underperforming dies get scaled down to a performance level they can reliably meet. Many simply have crippling defects that don't allow them to use more than 4 or 6 cores (whatever the case may be) and some are straight up discarded. For every silicon wafer there is a certain yield rate and higher core coun chips inevitably have lower yields than lower tier parts.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

My only problem with most people is they spout canned responses and I highly doubt they understand the words they're saying. I don't have a problem with anyone recommending one company or the other, but if you can't explain in layman terms why you should go for something other than "it's better", then I feel that's a disservice and you're no better than the local Geek Squad guy. That's not to say I write essays on every recommendation I do, but that's just the sentiment I've been feeling. That and the backfire effect is pretty damn strong in the community.

Also I have a disdain for fanboys in general. Particularly AMD ones after a few run-ins.

However at the end of the day, I buy hardware that suits my needs for what I want. If Intel and NVIDIA happen to be it, then so be it. If you take issue with it, then give me your money so I can go support your team.

40 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

because this is a rant tread, here is my rant:

wtf cant we get some real word tests, where you have a semi bloated windows install, that is full of games, programs, files etc, 

and then test cpus there to see if for example playing while having an youtube video fullscreen/multiple tabs in another monitor 

Because your "real world" setup is not the same as mine. I rarely have more than five apps open at once, and the only time I ever do trip more than that is if I'm doing development work. I also don't use Chrome and have 50+ tabs open. Also those introduce unnecessary variables that make reaching a consensus practically impossible.

I really dont understand why people call companies greedy. The reason companies exist is to make money. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

My only problem with most people is they spout canned responses and I highly doubt they understand the words they're saying. I don't have a problem with anyone recommending one company or the other, but if you can't explain in layman terms why you should go for something other than "it's better", then I feel that's a disservice and you're no better than the local Geek Squad guy. That's not to say I write essays on every recommendation I do, but that's just the sentiment I've been feeling. That and the backfire effect is pretty damn strong in the community.

Also I have a disdain for fanboys in general.

However at the end of the day, I buy hardware that suits my needs for what I want. If Intel and NVIDIA happen to be it, then so be it. If you take issue with it, then give me your money so I can go support your team.

Such truth.  

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Because your "real world" setup is not the same as mine. I rarely have more than five apps open at once, and the only time I ever do trip more than that is if I'm doing development work. I also don't use Chrome and have 50+ tabs open. Also those introduce unnecessary variables that make reaching a consensus practically impossible.

never said it would be representative of everyone, and i just want someone to test it, one time thing not that to become the standard 

This forum has plenty AMD, Intel, and Nvidia fanboys, and then a bunch of hateboys as well. But no point in having a fanboy roundup. Instead, let's focus on the more interesting side of the thread: I don't think you can really talk about the intrinsic ethics of any particular corporation. You may, at best, do it for individuals, who may have particular values beyond else. But when it comes to large corporations with anonymous shareholders, etc, the only thing you can ever trust are incentives. Companies won't really follow any particular line of behavior unless the management finds it in their best interest, which in turn depends on how happy they can make shareholders.

Sometimes you will find companies whose incentives are aligned with your preferences (that is, it is in their best interest to do what you would like them to do), and sometimes their best bet would be to do something you dislike. Things like "a firm's philosophy" only exist in PR damage control statements (like every time a company relases a statement about how "the actions of XYZ do not reflect our values", even though of course XYZ was following orders :P).

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

This forum has plenty AMD, Intel, and Nvidia fanboys, and then a bunch of hateboys as well. But no point in having a fanboy roundup. Instead, let's focus on the more interesting side of the thread: I don't think you can really talk about the intrinsic ethics of any particular corporation. You may, at best, do it for individuals, who may have particular values beyond else. But when it comes to large corporations with anonymous shareholders, etc, the only thing you can ever trust are incentives. Companies won't really follow any particular line of behavior unless the management finds it in their best interest, which in turn depends on how happy they can make shareholders.

Sometimes you will find companies whose incentives are aligned with your preferences (that is, it is in their best interest to do what you would like them to do), and sometimes their best bet would be to do something you dislike. Things like "a firm's philosophy" only exist in PR damage control statements (like every time a company relases a statement about how "the actions of XYZ do not reflect our values", even though of course XYZ was following orders :P).

the shareholder thing really fucks things up, some companies seem to be able to keep their values, but it seems the larger the company the harder it is, i see that in my fathers company and its only 20 ish people (though very stupid ) in it

32 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

No, for the most part people only have issues with your well-thought-out posts.  You often try to make that into and Intel vs AMD thing as you are now, but it's nothing more than people taking issue with some of the shit you make up.  

iv not made up any shit, i don't no what your problem is you c u next Tuesday, u obviously only ever comment on any of my posts to try and put me down and make Ur self look superior without adding any value to the thread at all like the time you couldn't read properly and thought i was on about a different CPU and everyone ended up taking the piss out of you, i highly suggest you block me and my thread and leave me alone because you do nothing but troll on my threads and bring no insight fullness or contributions with you.

and once again you have quoted me out of context, it was in response to someone saying essentially the same thing but for ryzen 

also (1600) 

25 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Actually, 1700x has at least one advantage,  that being an all core turbo as opposed to the 1700s 2 core turbo.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Damascus said:

Actually, 1700x has at least one advantage,  that being an all core turbo as opposed to the 1700s 2 core turbo.

see ur post did trigger alot of people

also (1600) 

16 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

I really dont understand why people call companies greedy. The reason companies exist is to make money. 

Because there's one thing to make your company grew, and another to fuck the costumer as much as possible.

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

and also brought some hate for me because don12 likes to quote things out of context 

also (1600) 

Just now, jjohnthedon1 said:

Trigger? Did you even read the post? They simply said that it's better for gaming which is true.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Trigger? Did you even read the post? They simply said that it's better for gaming which is true.

first comment litterly says this triggered me 

also (1600) 

About the magical Nvidia driver that gives 3x performance in some or just one program.

I see this as laziness of software developers and not wanting to optimize the software to fully utilize the hardware.

Look at Adobe with Premiere, their solution for better optimization is let the consumer throw more hardware power at it.

3 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Nobody got triggered, just pointed out some truth in regards to performance.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, jjohnthedon1 said:

first comment litterly says this triggered me 

Do you not understand that it was a joke? o.O

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402