Small PC case for ATX Board and Full sized GTX 1060

Go to solution Solved by nims0c,

Since you have a micro ATX board, you could go a bit smaller with the Define Mini C. Here's a comparison between Define C and Define Mini C:

I am looking for a PC case that is small for the following:

CPU: Intel - Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($184.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock - H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING X Video Card  ($344.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($41.98 @ Newegg)

Any help would be great, thanks.

mATX or ATX? I'd reconsider your part choices if you haven't bought them already.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

For mini ITX + full size GPU you could look at the  fractal design core 500. I have that with a 6600k and an r9 fury nitro. Only thing to look out for is the PSU length. I'd be glad to assist you with that if you choose to build in the same case. If you want I can fetch you 5ye other cases I looked through when building mine :) all miniITX with full gpu support 

I have already have these parts, but the case I have is really big and I just need one smaller, because i travel a lot

On 7/23/2017 at 8:33 AM, laminutederire said:

For mini ITX + full size GPU you could look at the  fractal design core 500. I have that with a 6600k and an r9 fury nitro. Only thing to look out for is the PSU length. I'd be glad to assist you with that if you choose to build in the same case. If you want I can fetch you 5ye other cases I looked through when building mine :) all miniITX with full gpu support 

That would be great if you could fetch me the other 5 cases. ?

For mini ITX + full size GPU you could look at the  fractal design core 500.

I like this case but I am going to have to check the size of my PSU when I get back home in 4 days. And how many storage devices can it hold, because I have 2 HDDs and 1 SSD.

Lian-li makes a few portable cases. Check the tu300

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-tu300/

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

Fractal Design Define C.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

S340 from NZXT seems like small case to me.

And it looks great if you get Elite one.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

5 hours ago, SouthernStorms said:

I like this case but I am going to have to check the size of my PSU when I get back home in 4 days. And how many storage devices can it hold, because I have 2 HDDs and 1 SSD.

I have 1 ssd and 1 HDD, I know I still have the room for one HDD, and maybe room for another HDD or ssd :)

Ok, so the dimensions for my PSU is 6 × 3.5 × 5.5 (inches), do you think that will fit in the fractal design core 500?

3 hours ago, SouthernStorms said:

Ok, so the dimensions for my PSU is 6 × 3.5 × 5.5 (inches), do you think that will fit in the fractal design core 500?

Getting you back on this this afternoon!

But only mini ITX boards will fit however! I don't know if that's a problem!

On 7/23/2017 at 3:54 AM, SouthernStorms said:

I am looking for a PC case that is smal

Riotoro makes the smallest full Size ATX board case on the market AFAIK

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=2AM-0057-00003&cm_re=riotoro-_-2AM-0057-00003-_-Product

AB88_1311239728403280566Yt4xqG9Mj.jpg?w=660&h=500

If it doesnt need to be this small, I'd go with the Fractal Define C. I'ts very nice and they just came out with a Tempered glass version.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

18 hours ago, laminutederire said:

Getting you back on this this afternoon!

But only mini ITX boards will fit however! I don't know if that's a problem!

Well my motherboard is a ASRock H110M-DS/Hyper, do you know if that is a mini ITX board?

11 hours ago, SouthernStorms said:

Well my motherboard is a ASRock H110M-DS/Hyper, do you know if that is a mini ITX board?

Apparently no, it's a micro atx one. That won't fit in the same case, as there's not enough room for the second PCIe slot.

8 hours ago, laminutederire said:

Apparently no, it's a micro atx one. That won't fit in the same case, as there's not enough room for the second PCIe slot.

Ok, thanks

9 minutes ago, SouthernStorms said:

Ok, thanks

Someone above talked about the define C, it could be a good fit for this mobo :)

Unless you want to change for another motherboard and want advices for that?

The Inwin 301 is pretty close to as small as you can go for mATX cases.  Despite being fairly cheap, it's also very well built with clean styling and a tempered glass side panel.

I have a Fury Nitro in mine, which is more than an inch longer than the 1060 Gaming X, as well as pumping out several times as much heat.  Since any/all of the issues I've encountered have been related to stuffing a gigantic high-power video card into it, you'll have an easier time than I did.

Build Thread:

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

17 minutes ago, Phate.exe said:

The Inwin 301 is pretty close to as small as you can go for mATX cases.  Despite being fairly cheap, it's also very well built with clean styling and a tempered glass side panel.

I have a Fury Nitro in mine, which is more than an inch longer than the 1060 Gaming X, as well as pumping out several times as much heat.  Since any/all of the issues I've encountered have been related to stuffing a gigantic high-power video card into it, you'll have an easier time than I did.

Build Thread:

Enable radeon chill, it helps me a lot keeping everything nice and cool with mine in my Fractal design core 500 :)

32 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Enable radeon chill, it helps me a lot keeping everything nice and cool with mine in my Fractal design core 500 :)

Part of my issues is that for whatever reason my Global Wattman undervolt settings keep reverting.

The other problem is because the card is so close to the bottom of the case, I'm not actually running any fans below it, and once the GPU fans spin up it ends up recycling a pocket of hot air under the card.  Once I have my server and 3d printer hooked up again I'm going to make a shroud to discourage air from getting sucked back under the card.  Playing around with a few ideas on this one, leaning towards a design that integrates some support for the large/heavy card.

If that doesn't work, I'll put the other slim fans I have underneath it.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

1 minute ago, Phate.exe said:

Part of my issues is that for whatever reason my Global Wattman undervolt settings keep reverting.

The other problem is because the card is so close to the bottom of the case, I'm not actually running any fans below it, and once the GPU fans spin up it ends up recycling a pocket of hot air under the card.  Once I have my server and 3d printer hooked up again I'm going to make a shroud to discourage air from getting sucked back under the card.

If that doesn't work, I'll put the other slim fans I have underneath it.

I see, have you tried sucking that air out?

1 hour ago, laminutederire said:

I see, have you tried sucking that air out?

As long as I keep the fans from spinning up, everything works fine and doesn't start sucking air back through.  I'm more or less using the GPU fans and negative pressure from the front, rear, and PSU fans for all of the case's intake needs.  I have two more slim fans I can install under the card which would completely eliminate the issue, but I'm waiting on some fan splitters to show up and was hoping I'd be able to avoid using them.