Is Apple easier than Android?

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If this is still a thing https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4665847?tstart=0, then no. Applications should rearrange where my files are without my input, ever.

you can turn that off, as the reply to that thread said. I leave it off. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Thread unlocked after cleaning.

If the fanboy accusations continue, this thread will be permanently locked.

Please keep the Community Standards in mind when interacting with others;

Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.

Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.

"Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.

Remember your audience; both present and future.

No harassment, discrimination or abuse of any kind.

• This includes insults, fanboy, or troll accusations

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 hours ago, XenosTech said:

Yeah windows mobile was a pain to use and it wasn't even straight forward to flash it either

I have never used WP7 or WP8.. I got W10M phone (coming from Android) as I was never been an app person. i guess maybe I am an old fart. I switch to it because I wanted to experience the platform before it disappears. I got myself a Lumia 950 XL. Using W10M is identical to Windows 10 (just no desktop, and just the start menu thing WP has). You do have a file system, however. Every apps are the same as they appear under Windows 10, just phone size, pretty much.  But come to think about it, I did cringe on areas that  were ported from WP8 with its GUI and all... although MS have been updating the OS to reduce them. I thought it was me because it was like a different phone experience in one, but I guess it was indeed bad.

15 hours ago, 8bitbeliever said:

Well discussions like these are important to have. Honestly I have a lot to learn about mobile devices in general (starting school for computer engineering at a university soon) and I try to be as unbiased as I can. To clarify, I like the hardware Samsung produces for the most part, just never felt like attached to the "brand" per say. I feel as though when someone just sticks to a brand  (whether it be iOS or Android really) they miss out on a lot that is going on in the industry.  Even if they don't buy the other companies products its worth paying attention to. Anyway thank you as well, lol I hesitated posting this topic as I didn't want to start a flame war :P but I have been very happy with the comments everyone has put thus far.

100% agree man. Entering IT study with a open mind is so important, you'll find almost no one else will have a open mind, but it will allow you to learn the most and actually find what suits you best, and more importantly equip you with the ability to unbiasedly equip others.

Samuel Edwards

- IT Engineer and Media Producer -

Religious theology diploma and over half a dozen certificates in Advanced Computing and IT.

Current Project:   Mineral Oil Cooled PC

Just trying to be friendly and help where I can. Have yourself a great day!

Use @SamuelJE for friendly tech help :)

Main PC - "The Genesis"

Mobo   -   Gigabyte GA-H170-Gaming 3

CPU     -   intel i5-6600K 4Ghz on water

GPU     -   MSI GTX970 "Red Dragon"

Case    -   Zalman Z11 Plus (Custom RGB Obviously, It's 2017 bro...)

OSD     -   Crucial 275GB M.2 SSD

SSD     -   Crucial 250GB SATA SSD

HDD    -    4TB WD Green x 2

Disp     -   LG ultra wide Gaming Monitor

Secondary PC - "Jonah"   (Mineral oil PC)

Mobo   -   Gigabyte GA-B250-DH1

CPU     -   intel i5-7500 Under Oil

GPU     -   Nvidia GTX 660 (Favorite and first ever GPU)

Case    -   A Fish Tank W/ Custom Engineered Mounting System (Custom RGB Obviously, It's 2017 bro...)

OSD     -   Crucial 275GB M.2 SSD

HDD    -    2TB WD Green

Disp     -   LG ultra wide Gaming Monitor

37 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I have never used WP7 or WP8.. I got W10M phone (coming from Android) as I was never been an app person. i guess maybe I am an old fart. I switch to it because I wanted to experience the platform before it disappears. I got myself a Lumia 950 XL. Using W10M is identical to Windows 10 (just no desktop, and just the start menu thing WP has). You do have a file system, however. Every apps are the same as they appear under Windows 10, just phone size, pretty much.  But come to think about it, I did cringe on areas that  were ported from WP8 with its GUI and all... although MS have been updating the OS to reduce them. I thought it was me because it was like a different phone experience in one, but I guess it was indeed bad.

I used WP7 bought me a htc that came with it and it was good until I actually realized how much it was lacking comparing to my blu appwise but if it had way more support it would have been a beautiful platform to work with.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

nope, price matters that was i was saying, "usability" of a cheap low-end phone will be different from a 1000$ flagship. 

People seem to forget buying phones aren't much different from buying pc hardware.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Capture.JPG.b719a134fbfa501975d433b5d724a333.JPG

I have never tried or thought of asking but than again if you want to swing that way, well, hmm, if that's your thing I guess  I wont judge.

/s

Hmm never seen an unlocked thread ... or done twice... wow.

OT: From a security stand point I would choose iOS over Android any day of the week but from a personal stand point I would choose Windows Mobile over both for ease of use. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

I have never tried or thought of asking but than again if you want to swing that way, well, hmm, if that's your thing I guess  I wont judge.

/s

OT: From a security stand point I would choose iOS over Android any day of the week but from a personal stand point I would choose Windows Mobile over both for ease of use. 

pre-windows 10 or after windows 10 ?

4 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

pre-windows 10 or after windows 10 ?

All, I have used WP6, 7, 8, 8.1, and WM10.

I am hoping that WM with CShell will trump them all. (whenever it gets released)

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

All, I have used WP6, 7, 8, 8.1, and WM10.

I am hoping that WM with CShell will trump them all. (whenever it gets released)

eh I found 7 and 8 painful to use. wasn't really a clear cut way to get global apps that were blocked in the app store for some stupid reason. The UI's was a lot more familiar than android or iOS though.

6 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

eh I found 7 and 8 painful to use. wasn't really a clear cut way to get global apps that were blocked in the app store for some stupid reason. The UI's was a lot more familiar than android or iOS though.

I was never a big app guy so that was not an issue for me most of the time. If needed an app I found a comparable or sometimes better 3rd party app to use.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

I was never a big app guy so that was not an issue for me most of the time. If needed an app I found a comparable or sometimes better 3rd party app to use.

Well it was mostly whatsapp that was needed and it's always blocked in windows store for me, it was blocked at some point in the playstore too but I could have easily went to their website and got it for android but it was never that easy for windows phone.

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

Well it was mostly whatsapp that was needed and it's always blocked in windows store for me, it was blocked at some point in the playstore too but I could have easily went to their website and got it for android but it was never that easy for windows phone.

I know there has been issues with whatsapp for several months now but I dont think it is entirely MS fault. I believe Whasapp devs are not doing something right. I do the previewers for WM10 and there is always a note about the whatsapp issue not having yet been resolved. *shrug*

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

I know there has been issues with whatsapp for several months now but I dont think it is entirely MS fault. I believe Whasapp devs are not doing something right. I do the previewers for WM10 and there is always a note about the whatsapp issue not having yet been resolved. *shrug*

yeah that's been a persistent issue for a long time. I may or may not get a phone with windows 10 on it just to see how much better it is compared to the other versions I've dabbled with

I will be completely honest this is my first like real thread I have created (relatively new to forums) so if I did something weird let me know!

Edited by 8bitbeliever

2 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

/s

Sorry meant to quote this one lol :P anyway yeah new to forums, so if I did something weird just let me know

2 minutes ago, 8bitbeliever said:

Sorry meant to quote this one lol :P anyway yeah new to forums, so if I did something weird just let me know

I was making a joke ...  but ya you did a good job on the post.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER