Refurbished Note7s reportedly can be bought In South Korea this June

EunSoo

Source: http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/4/26/15432410/samsung-refurbished-note-7-on-sale-south-korea-june

http://m.etnews.com/20170425000385?obj=Tzo4OiJzdGRDbGFzcyI6Mjp7czo3OiJyZWZlcmVyIjtOO3M6NzoiZm9yd2FyZCI7czoxMzoid2ViIHRvIG1vYmlsZSI7fQ#_enliple

We learned that Samsung was going to sell refurbished Note 7 phones sometimes but we didn't know much more than that. No we know that they will be available in South Korea from three different carriers this June.

Branding and pricing are still being negotiated, but the handset will reportedly go on sale as the Galaxy Note 7 R with a price tag of around 700,000 won. That’s about $620, or 300,000 won ($266) cheaper than the original. Around 300,000 units of the 3 million to 4 million Note 7 phones recalled in the region will reportedly go on sale.

The "Note 7 R" is said to have a 3,200mAh battery instead of the 3,500mAh battery that it initially released with.

This isn’t an official announcement from Samsung, and these details may change. And don’t expect to see refurbished Note 7 phones on sale in the US either. As Samsung said in March: “The objective of introducing refurbished devices is solely to reduce and minimize any environmental impact. The product details including the name, technical specification and price range will be announced when the device is available.

As Samsung said in March: “The objective of introducing refurbished devices is solely to reduce and minimize any financial damage to the company environmental impact

Wow , samsung really is the good guy here /s

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

So, when can I buy one here? 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

53 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

So, when can I buy one here? 

Sign me up for one as well!  Group buy!!! xD

1 hour ago, Coaxialgamer said:

ikr. Even if they threw them out, Greenpeace would murder their name even more. So i guess its a win-win for Samsung.

It's still one of the best phones though.

Really will interesting to see what they plan for Note 8

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

"The objective of introducing refurbished devices is solely to reduce and minimize any environmental impact."

I have no problem with this but to suggest that this is the sole reason is disingenuous whilst also charging $620 per unit...

Pretty neat, too bad it weren't a little cheaper and widely available. I think it'd actually sell quite well.

I'd buy one, if it were cheap enough, but as it stands right now the KeyONE will be my next phone.

6 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

I'd rather see this then see them simply added to a landfill.

1 hour ago, Grinners said:

"The objective of introducing refurbished devices is solely to reduce and minimize any environmental impact."

I have no problem with this but to suggest that this is the sole reason is disingenuous whilst also charging $620 per unit...

Actually if you factor in the original cost, the cost to replace the faulty components, the cost to remarket them etc...they're likely not making any money per unit.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

16 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I'd rather see this then see them simply added to a landfill.

Actually if you factor in the original cost, the cost to replace the faulty components, the cost to remarket them etc...they're likely not making any money per unit.

That may be so, but 'recouping losses' is a reason other than solely reducing and minimising enviromental impact.